Stubbs the Zombie removed from Xbox Marketplace?

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Hey guys, I know this may be a little off the wall, but I had an itch to play Stubbs the Zombie the other day. I originally bought it on the Xbox Marketplace when it was first released in May 2008 but had long deleted the game and needed to redownload it.

To my surprise, I couldn't find it anywhere on the Marketplace despite several searches through Bing and attempting to look it up directly. Afterward, I looked on xbox.com to see if I could find it there, and found the original page, but unlike other games like Fable's page, you couldn't purchase it directly from the website.

I had a friend in the UK check, and he couldn't find the game on his 360 either. I've searched through Google, including asking Major Nelson and Wideload Games via Twitter, and can't find any information on when or why Stubbs was removed from the Marketplace.

I was able to look through my past purchases and was successful in redownloading the game through that page, so it looks like Stubbs is still residing somewhere on the Xbox servers. It's just that it's no longer available for any new purchases.

To make matters worse, the game pretty much can't be bought digitally anywhere since Aspyr, the game's publisher, removed it from Game Agent, its digital download store.

Although I can play the game, I'm trying to figure out what happened that Stubbs is now essentially nonexistent on all digital download platforms. This is a fantastic game, and I absolutely adore its soundtrack and really want to make sure other people are aware of the game too.

It's a shame if Stubbs is no longer around due to some stupid licensing conflict. So I'm looking for your guy's help to try to dig up any information on what exactly happened with the game. Any info?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Hey guys, I know this may be a little off the wall, but I had an itch to play Stubbs the Zombie the other day. I originally bought it on the Xbox Marketplace when it was first released in May 2008 but had long deleted the game and needed to redownload it.

To my surprise, I couldn't find it anywhere on the Marketplace despite several searches through Bing and attempting to look it up directly. Afterward, I looked on xbox.com to see if I could find it there, and found the original page, but unlike other games like Fable's page, you couldn't purchase it directly from the website.

I had a friend in the UK check, and he couldn't find the game on his 360 either. I've searched through Google, including asking Major Nelson and Wideload Games via Twitter, and can't find any information on when or why Stubbs was removed from the Marketplace.

I was able to look through my past purchases and was successful in redownloading the game through that page, so it looks like Stubbs is still residing somewhere on the Xbox servers. It's just that it's no longer available for any new purchases.

To make matters worse, the game pretty much can't be bought digitally anywhere since Aspyr, the game's publisher, removed it from Game Agent, its digital download store.

Although I can play the game, I'm trying to figure out what happened that Stubbs is now essentially nonexistent on all digital download platforms. This is a fantastic game, and I absolutely adore its soundtrack and really want to make sure other people are aware of the game too.

It's a shame if Stubbs is no longer around due to some stupid licensing conflict. So I'm looking for your guy's help to try to dig up any information on what exactly happened with the game. Any info?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about Stubbs, but this isn't the first time games have disappeared from the DD services and the only way to get most (not all) of them is to look at your DL history or like you did checked your purchases. Wished they'd give people who bought it a heads up that "hey, we're taking it off the service grab it again or if you need it again here's how, and thanks for your support or something like that."

And you're right it's probably a licensing thing.

you can always get your downloaded games again through your download history. so it doesn't matter whether it was removed from the marketplace.

a lot of fantastic games were removed over the years before due to licensing issues or whatever. when the rights to Midway games were lost, a ton of Midway games were removed like Joust, Tournament Cyberball, etc. Doom was taken away until the rights were resolved. I nearly panicked when I couldn't find Doom but friends reassured me that I could always get it again through the download history.

But yeah, it would be nice if they had a page to show gamers any games in danger of being removed so that they could buy it before it disappeared.

Disappeared from Steam, as well. Thankfully I bought a copy a while back.

Sucks to here. Glad I got the disc version for $8 at a consignment shop. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out on the ebay prices and for extra used copies on the cheap.

bread's done
Back