Stupid Gamecube-on-Wii Question...

lord_ebonstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I can't seem to find an answer to this so,

Do I need to buy a Gamecube memory card to make Gamecube save games, or can I save to the built-in memory?

[quote name='Magehart']I don't get this nor do I get the PS1 games on PS2 need PS1 cards instead of PS2.[/QUOTE]

Both the PS2 and Wii are basically using the old hardware (The Wii is an upgraded GC and the PS2 has a PS chip in it) so they don't need to emulate anything. So therefore using the old memory cards makes it so they don't have to emulate memory cards either.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Both the PS2 and Wii are basically using the old hardware (The Wii is an upgraded GC and the PS2 has a PS chip in it) so they don't need to emulate anything. So therefore using the old memory cards makes it so they don't have to emulate memory cards either.[/QUOTE]Emulating memory cards would have been so much more sensible, though (and arguably easier than designing in the memory card space). The space used by those memory card plugins could have been used for, I don't know, maybe an ethernet port for those of us without wireless?

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Emulating memory cards would have been so much more sensible, though (and arguably easier than designing in the memory card space). The space used by those memory card plugins could have been used for, I don't know, maybe an ethernet port for those of us without wireless?[/quote]
You'd be removing the whole point of the BC feature if those of us who had GameCubes wouldn't be able to continue playing the games we already have.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You'd be removing the whole point of the BC feature if those of us who had GameCubes wouldn't be able to continue playing the games we already have.[/quote]

That's where the trusty Nintendo brand USB Memory Card Adaptor comes in!

WrestleCrap'sRD;2526422 said:
On the plus, CAG-side of things, you can get GC memory cards for almost nothing at Gamerush...

RD
Off topic, but Wrestlecrap an amazing time waster.

bread's done
Back