Stupid kid decapitated by Six Flags ride.

[quote name='GTzerO']I still can't wrap my head around this entire event. I've read Kendal's stuff but I still can't picture it in my mind.[/quote]

Neither can the kid. I guess I should do a revised MSPaint explanation.

[quote name='Kendal']At Cedar Point and Disney. But it is ok at Six Flags where they just don't give a shit. ;) My worst experiences have been at Six Flags parks. I swear they draw some unruly people and hire dipshits to operate the rides. I am not saying every SF park is this way, but mine were.[/quote]

One of the reason I really never go to theme parks. That and my hatred for standing in lines.

I cant stand going to a ride and seeing some high school/freshman college kid operating heavy machines like roller coasters.

[quote name='Koggit']What would you call it? Suicide?

I'd call it an accident too; I don't think anybody intended for anybody to die.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no intention of death, it was just a fortunate side effect of his stupidity... the human race as a whole is that much stronger today.

[quote name='Soodmeg']One of the reason I really never go to theme parks. That and my hatred for standing in lines.

I cant stand going to a ride and seeing some high school/freshman college kid operating heavy machines like roller coasters.[/quote]

Proper training is key. I know for a fact that Cedar Fair parks are generally on top of things when it comes to safety and training.

I can't seem to get a good picture for a MSPlantion. I am sorry. I miss having a real mouse. I will keep trying.

I love all the head puns & jokes in this thread.

You know, you guys really need to go somewhere and get ahead in life.

[quote name='AshesofWake']more like.....FUNcapitated....[/QUOTE]

This had me laughing out loud and...
[quote name='Kendal'][quote name='GTzerO']I still can't wrap my head around this entire event. I've read Kendal's stuff but I still can't picture it in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Neither can the kid. I guess I should do a revised MSPaint explanation.[/QUOTE]

this had me gasping for breath.

For everyone who's complaining about not not being compassionate, I save my compassion for bad things that happen to people beyond their control, this guy on the other hand, fully in control well up until Batman swung down on his head.

You know, maybe we're looking at this all wrong, maybe the ride, being the Batman ride and all, thought this kid was the Joker and decided it was time for some righteous justice to be handed out on his ass?

the fact that a person died is tragic, especially for all of his loved ones. but come on, the kid hopped two fences, ignored multiple signs saying "don't fucking go in there!" before proceeding to go the fuck in there anyway and ended up swatting at something going 60 miles per hour. are we REALLY going to try and trumpet bullshit compassion over this? honestly?

I was at Fiesta Texas yesterday. Came back to the hotel room, turned on the news, this is the first thing I saw.

I needed a drink after that. Or four.

Ok here is my theory/ms paint entry.

batkidsc0.png

I remember at Great America, this also happened. I think a kid wanted to get his change, and someone came and kicked him ( Top Gun) . They broke their legs and the kid went flying :/

*some time later*

Man. I feel kind of bad for laughing at some of the stuff in this thread, but there is indeed some comedy gold to be unearthed.

Also, Sofa King Kool, I had an idea for a coaster also. I called it the Russian Roulette. Basically, during one run each day, the seat restraints come unhinged in the middle of the ride.

The park would enjoy the added bonus of never running out of hot dogs, either.

[quote name='Strell']The park would enjoy the added bonus of never running out of hot dogs, either.[/quote]

Man, I just had two hot dogs a few hours ago.

And now I want more.

[quote name='anomynous']what hat size do you think he wears?[/quote]

He doesn't. He wears a cork.

Before he got that hat, he had a good head on his shoulders.

Geez.

Now that I think about it, I remember yesterday that all the people riding any coaster where your feet hang (in this case, the Goliath and the Superman) who were wearing sandals or flip flops could take them off before the ride, so they wouldn't get thrown off during the trip.

I wonder if head-removal-ability is better served barefoot versus being shoe'd. Like if the half inch of rubber some kid in China is sewing onto a Nike show all the difference between a bad headache and decapitation.

From the news reports, it sounds like the head fell off from the force of being slammed into a pole. Probably a big ride support.

Yeah, I get that. But does the elasticity of rubber ensure more force is adequately delivered into the body? Or is some of it lost in the transferral of energy?

These are questions of physics to be studied for the greater good, and also to determine if sweat shops are in possession of deadly weapons.

In this case, it seems like the train hit the kid, not a foot. In other cases, I would be surprised if the leg didn't come off as well and the head. Kind of like how Jack Handy hit his head into a dogs head in a passing car and the dog's head fell off. But since in these cases, a leg is not as strong as someone's neck, it might possibly break off after impact. I imagine it like a wishbone effect except no one is lucky and both involved wish they hadn't done it.

It takes less pressure to deform flesh than shoe, so a shoe-to-head collision will transfer more energy than a foot-to-head collision.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Owned. Kicking a dude's head off against a pole...god. It's like some sort of awesome version of football.[/quote]

fgsf3.png

Stupid moron. What did he think was going to happen after he grabbed that persons legs? He was either going to break their legs instantly, get decapitated or end up soaring up in the air along with the train, and fall and kill himself. And the fact that he was with a church group proves that he's got about as many brain cells as a jar of peanut butter. Good riddance.

[quote name='Kendal']At Cedar Point and Disney. But it is ok at Six Flags where they just don't give a shit. ;) My worst experiences have been at Six Flags parks. I swear they draw some unruly people and hire dipshits to operate the rides. I am not saying every SF park is this way, but mine were.[/quote]

I live near a Six Flags. Working there is like being in hell. They make you do senseless shit all day while it's 100 degrees out. It's like being a slave. Then, worst of all, they pay minimum wage for your back breaking, mind scarring work. The ONLY people who work at Six Flags are dipshits, because nobody in their right mind would even apply for a job there.

[quote name='Krymner']

I've lost a hat on a ride at that very same Six Flags park (not on Batman tho). Yeah, I was kinda mad, but I knew it was my own damn fault for forgetting to take it off. Did I jump a fence to get it back? Hell no. Consequently, I went back almost a month later, and the hat was still there underneath the coaster. Those kids that run the ride are so lazy, the dude's head may still be there too.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. Another reason never to go to Six Flags. There's a reason why you only hear of accidents there, and almost never at Cedar Point or Disney. Six Flags is just not safe.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I live near a Six Flags. Working there is like being in hell. They make you do senseless shit all day while it's 100 degrees out. It's like being a slave. Then, worst of all, they pay minimum wage for your back breaking, mind scarring work. The ONLY people who work at Six Flags are dipshits, because nobody in their right mind would even apply for a job there.[/QUOTE]

Dipshits who use phrases like "stupid moron" I'm sure. Get off your high horse you pompous prick.

To everyone else who is getting their rocks off by posting little quips about Social Darwinism, I implore you to take a look in the mirror. You'll find substantial evidence that in today's world competitive forces aren't working quickly enough to chop the lowest common denominator off from the rest of society. People make mistakes, this one just happened to have dire consequences. I know compassion is a concept foreign to 9/10ths of the people who frequent this site but christ... grow up.

[quote name='Icen']
To everyone else who is getting their rocks off by posting little quips about Social Darwinism, I implore you to take a look in the mirror.[/quote]

Wow you're right, I look awesome, thanks for the advice.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']MSNBC is saying he was retreiving a hat. THAT is irony - not that he was part of a church group.[/quote]Thank you.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He was stupid. Enough said. If a family member/loved one did something this stupid, I honestly wouldn't stop the jokes from coming, because it's damn obvious he deserves no compassion for being such a fucking dumbass.[/quote]I'm going to disagree with the consensus. I was a kid once upon a time, and did some amazingly stupid things myself. I still do amazingly stupid things. I'm willing to bet we all do stupid things that seem no big deal at the time. Who hasn't taken their eyes off the road while driving to fish for a cd or to make a call or something along those lines?

The kid is dead now and compassion for him is meaningless. But I do have compassion for his family. His own fault, I'm not in anyway saying it wasn't his own fault. But dear Lord, their son is dead. I also feel for the people on the ride at the time, because that's gotta be an extremely freaky feeling to have been on that when it occured, whether you saw anything or not.

And kindly chill on the church people bashing. I'm sure its fine in the VS forum if you want to discuss how every one who believes in God is moronic. But not in on the rest of the boards.

52169635.StopAhead.jpg

Stop ahead? I will if I see one.

[quote name='guinaevere']

And kindly chill on the church people bashing. I'm sure its fine in the VS forum if you want to discuss how every one who believes in God is moronic. But not in on the rest of the boards.

[/quote]

Though I dont believe in god....I really do hate people spend their time bashing on church goers simply for the fact that they go to church. Live and let live is what I say.

BUT.

I do think is complete bullshit that you strut in here and throw your mod status around and threating everyone with your bold type. Why shouldnt they be allowed to make fun of church goers.....LIKE WE DO EVERYTHING ELSE. Why is it all of a sudden you want the church bashing to stop? If any church goers in here are offended someone kindly put one of the famous "internet is serious business" images up like we do for every other topic when people get offend.

You mods are as inconsistent as NBA refs. Either lock the thread if you think its going to far or step your ass out like everyone else. But its insane to come in here and try to strong arm everyone else because you dont like topic.

Making fun is one thing, we all have like to laugh here. I never said posts like the following had to stop.
[quote name='PhrostByte']
bk000.jpg
[/quote]

Animosity, hostility, bashing of anyone has to stop. I'm not strutting or throwing anything around. I'm taking part of the conversation and reminding y'all to keep things decent and welcoming to all.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I do think is complete bullshit that you strut in here and throw your mod status around and threating everyone with your bold type. Why shouldnt they be allowed to make fun of church goers.....LIKE WE DO EVERYTHING ELSE. Why is it all of a sudden you want the church bashing to stop? If any church goers in here are offended someone kindly put one of the famous "internet is serious business" images up like we do for every other topic when people get offend.

You mods are as inconsistent as NBA refs. Either lock the thread if you think its going to far or step your ass out like everyone else. But its insane to come in here and try to strong arm everyone else because you dont like topic.[/quote]

She's trying to give people a chance to ease up and move it to the appropriate forum instead of just locking it all together. She is a mod, short for moderate (a balanced view on things), which is all that is being asked for. Discussion of race, religion and politics tend to bring out the fool in otherwise rational people. That is why the vs. forum was made.

At any rate, that is one horrible way to die regardless of the circumstances.

[quote name='Soodmeg']If any church goers in here are offended someone kindly put one of the famous "internet is serious business" images up like we do for every other topic when people get offend.
[/QUOTE]

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm going to disagree with the consensus. I was a kid once upon a time, and did some amazingly stupid things myself. I still do amazingly stupid things. I'm willing to bet we all do stupid things that seem no big deal at the time. Who hasn't taken their eyes off the road while driving to fish for a cd or to make a call or something along those lines?

The kid is dead now and compassion for him is meaningless. But I do have compassion for his family. His own fault, I'm not in anyway saying it wasn't his own fault. But dear Lord, their son is dead. I also feel for the people on the ride at the time, because that's gotta be an extremely freaky feeling to have been on that when it occured, whether you saw anything or not.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. I did so many stupid, dangerous things when I was that age, it's not even funny. But I always drew the line at stunts and selfish behavior that put other people at risk. This kid ("bonehead"?) could very easily have injured any of those riders, but for once the karmic scales of justice placed the consequences for that kind of behavior on the perpetrator, not an innocent bystander. So ... my sense of justice has outpaced my compassion on this one, I guess.

[quote name='guinaevere']And kindly chill on the church people bashing. I'm sure its fine in the VS forum if you want to discuss how every one who believes in God is moronic. But not in on the rest of the boards.[/QUOTE]

Well done.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Though I dont believe in god....I really do hate people spend their time bashing on church goers simply for the fact that they go to church. Live and let live is what I say.

BUT.

I do think is complete bullshit that you strut in here and throw your mod status around and threating everyone with your bold type. Why shouldnt they be allowed to make fun of church goers.....LIKE WE DO EVERYTHING ELSE. Why is it all of a sudden you want the church bashing to stop? If any church goers in here are offended someone kindly put one of the famous "internet is serious business" images up like we do for every other topic when people get offend.

You mods are as inconsistent as NBA refs. Either lock the thread if you think its going to far or step your ass out like everyone else. But its insane to come in here and try to strong arm everyone else because you dont like topic.[/quote]

Don't lose your head over it. She just doesn't want people to start religious debates when there are puns to be made! I mean the topic at hand can be discussed.

bread's done
Back