Sucker Punch Extended Edition on Blu-ray for $8

It was kind of cool to watch once for all the eye candy (and I'm not talking about the girls, but the over the top action) but there's absolutely zero replay value in it because the end will just piss you off too much.

[quote name='blindinglights']The price keeps getting lower and lower, but the bad reviews make me hesitate even at this price.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the extended edition is a better movie. Whether it makes it worth buying is another thing.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I've heard the extended edition is a better movie. Whether it makes it worth buying is another thing.[/QUOTE]
It just gives more details to certain plot points, and action scenes have, well, more action in them. You pretty much get the idea if you've seen it in theaters.

That said, it isn't a bad pickup for $8.

Action is good. Dialogue is painfully horrible. Like a wannabe Matrix meats Inception, but failing several leagues below both of those.

[quote name='Stealthcat']Action is good. Dialogue is painfully horrible. Like a wannabe Matrix meats Inception, but failing several leagues below both of those.[/QUOTE]

That's about as close of a brief synopsis as it gets.

I wouldn't pay anything for this movie tbh. The story was just awful and I could care less about the deeper meanings of "happiness is what you make of it." I would've rather had a Michael Bay type script with those special effects and action sequences. It would've been way better lol. It should've been an action movie trying to be an action movie, not an action movie trying to be a drama/metaphysical movie.

[quote name='Stealthcat']Action is good. Dialogue is painfully horrible. Like a wannabe Matrix meats Inception, but failing several leagues below both of those.[/QUOTE]

Considering I think The Matrix is one of the worst movies (and overall series) I have ever seen, if this is worse than that, I will definitely pass. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='blindinglights']Considering I think The Matrix is one of the worst movies (and overall series) I have ever seen, if this is worse than that, I will definitely pass. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Harsh! The first Matrix was ground-breaking, but the sequels ran the franchise into the ground.

FYI. I just got my copy in the mail. The description on Amazon is accurate, but the pictures are misleading. This set only contains 2 blu-ray dics (one for the theatrical cut and one for the extended cut). The DVD/Digital Copy disc is no longer included. :bomb:

Ironically, the bottom front of this now Blu-Ray only set reads "Theatrical and Extended Cut Versions on Blu-Ray Disc. Theatrical Version Only on DVD." Looks like someone forgot to proof-read when they switched the packaging over. :rofl:

I wish there were topless scenes at least in the extended version. I wouldn't mind seeing bouncing chesticles in slow mo.

You definitely don't watch this one for the story. It has a lot of very interesting ideas (once again, not in regards to the story) and some awesome action. It also looks gorgeous on blu-ray. It's so worth it at $8!!

I'm seeing a $15 price.

I've seen this movie twice. Once in theater and once on Blu-ray. I think it is a pretty good movie. I especially love the dream world, action sequences. You could probably just watch those and fast forward through the rest of the movie. :)

bread's done
Back