Sucker Punch Trailer

The trailer is amazing. Finally something original from Snyder. :)

I'd like to see some actual scenes, though. Right now it's just eye candy.. which pretty much any director can pull off given the right budget. Last Airbender comes to mind.. the trailers were crafted perfectly, but the movie is horrendous apparently. Also, Vanessa Hudgens is in this movie.. o_O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Apparently Zack Snyder has no idea how to even spell restraint. Or when to recognize when all sense of novelty has gone out of his style. This looks pretty throw away right now.

Instantly brings Heavy Metal (the magazine and movie, not the music genre) to my mind, which is wholly a good thing (and yes, I'm aware that Snyder is also one of the directors working on the new Heavy Metal film). I'll give it a chance, based on that much alone.

Wow, are some of you that de-sensitized to stuff now? This looks like it is at least a fun movie. Chicks with guns and swords in mini skirts fighting dragons and zeplins and who the hell knows what else. Sign me up!

Those of you that watch anime and complain about this trailer need to leave.

[quote name='Josef']I'm clueless, what is this movie supposed to be about?[/QUOTE]

this
[quote name='WormFOODx'] Chicks with guns and swords in mini skirts fighting dragons and zeplins and who the hell knows what else. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Josef']I'm clueless, what is this movie supposed to be about?[/QUOTE]

A girl in a mental institution creates an imaginary world,she then plans to escape the imaginary world and the institution in the real world.

The effects look fantastic, if you say otherwise you obviously have no idea. As far as the movie goes - we will see. But the CGi is worth it for me! :)

Zach Snyder obviously knows that 99% percent of his fanbase are males age 18-35.....yet you guys are complaining?????

-Hot chick's fighting (with swords non-the-less)
-fucken fire breathing dragons.
-Some sort of fighting Mech.
-Sci-Fi / futuristic setting.
-Bonus points for not selling out to gimmicky 3D (as for as I'm aware)

And im pretty certain there will be some girl on girl action (one way or another)

What else do you guys want? :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Irukandji']I'll probably see it. It couldn't possibly be worse than 300.[/QUOTE]

WHAT IS THIS....I DON'T EVEN......

Saw this on IMDB's front page tonight. Had no idea what the movie was about, but saw Abbie Cornish looking hot as all hell on the movie poster (which I really wouldn't mind owning), so I decided to check out the trailer. I can say with confidence this movie will be about a million times better than The Last Airbender...and even if it's cinematically equal, I'd sure as hell rather watch hot chicks run around with swords than a 10 year old fake Asian kid. Even if it's not Oscar worthy, at least it has a purpose. I felt the same way about Jennifer's Body. As long as these movies aren't pretentious (which Airbender obviously was), I have no problem with them being fluffy eye candy.

Regardless of if the movie is any good, this makes it worth seeing...

Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish)
suckerpunch_5-535x964.jpg

BabyDoll (Emily Browning)
suckerpunch_1-535x963.jpg

Blondie (Vanessa Hudgens)
suckerpunch_2-535x963.jpg

Rocket (Jena Malone)
suckerpunch_4-535x965.jpg

Madam Gorski (Carla Gugino)
suckerpunch_6-535x963.jpg

Amber (Jamie Chung)
suckerpunch_3-535x963.jpg

If that doesn't appeal to you, I'm guessing this does...
gay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Emily Browning *drool*
Anyways I was pretty excited about this before I saw the trailer. Didn't care much for 300 or Watchmen but I figured this concept would be a great popcorn flick for me. And hey it probably will be but I'm sort of uncertain about the use of CG in the trailer. Kind of overkill especially after watching Inception a week ago. Whatever, I'll see how I feel when we get closer to its release next year.

Wow... This is like Clash of the Titans/Airbender all over again. I though it looked good... The name though Sucker Punch... ?

That looks like complete shit. It looks like a bunch of idiot fratboys were sitting around designing the movie drinking redbull and mountain dew saying "Yeah dudes we like totally need wirefu fighting, dragons, big ass swords, some skinny blonde chick jumping around in slow mo, some big ass guns and like a shit load of big ass exploisions! Yeah were gonna like totally have alot of computer effects and blocking bullets with swords its gonna be so epic its gonna totally epic win allover everyones faces!"

Looks like a bunch of generic, over the top cg effect filled brainless summer action flick dvd sets and a bucket of brown paint were thrown into a machine that spit out something less compelling.

Now I do love a good action flick and I do like some mindless mayhem. But I only like that stuff if it has its own style, its own flair, something unique about. Just because you do a big cgi robot, a cgi dragon breathing cgi fire at a cgi building and a cgi woman swinging a sword into a cgi bullet doesnt make it automatically good.

Snyder lucked out a couple times though with his movies but he doesnt have alot of talent. His first 2 big movies just happen to fit his style well is all. Dawn of the dead remake was good except for the slo-mo shit and that fucking shitty cgi zombie baby, 300 wasnt bad the directing was pretty much shit and it was mostly the dialouge itself that carried the entire movie. Watchmen was fucking horrible, if it wasnt for how they did rorshack I wouldnt have liked anything. But he is rapidly becoming the new stephen sommers.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Regardless of if the movie is any good, this makes it worth seeing...

Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish)
suckerpunch_5-535x964.jpg

BabyDoll (Emily Browning)
suckerpunch_1-535x963.jpg

Blondie (Vanessa Hudgens)
suckerpunch_2-535x963.jpg

Rocket (Jena Malone)
suckerpunch_4-535x965.jpg

Madam Gorski (Carla Gugino)
suckerpunch_6-535x963.jpg

Amber (Jamie Chung)
suckerpunch_3-535x963.jpg

If that doesn't appeal to you, I'm guessing this does...
gay.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And ugh not one of those women is the least bit attractive. But then again I like women that are built like real women and dont look like they have the body of a 13 year old boy.

[quote name='gargus']And ugh not one of those women is the least bit attractive. But then again I like women that are built like real women and dont look like they have the body of a 13 year old boy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure you get way better than any of the women featured in the movie. :roll: I always get a kick out of that kind of internet shit talking. It's not like we're talking Calista Flockhart or Mary Kate Olsen here. If you like fat chicks, fine. Just say you like fat chicks. Nobody's going to be mad if you enjoy the cushion. But it's not like these girls are disgustingly thin. At least be realistic.

bread's done
Back