Sudeki $19.99 at Walmart (in store) YMMV

cougartai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just saw this at Walmart when I went to pick up Chronicles of Riddick. I had to look twice at the price, but there it was ... 19.99. This one seems like a definate YMMV, but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Walmart - I10 and Dezevala
San Antonio, TX

Wow, nice find.....I would even try it for that price

Of course all Wal-Mart stores are crazy and pricing is never ever the same anywhere.

[quote name='Scorch']$10 says it was sitting under the wrong pricetag. Happens all the time.[/quote]
For low profile games such as Sudeki, drastic price drops shortly after release aren't out of the question.

[quote name='CapAmerica']$10!!!
Runs out to get it!
WOHOO! First Xbox game in my collection![/quote]

Read the whole post...it was not $10. It was $20, and that was at HIS WalMart. All WalMarts price differently.

I'm sure this will drop in price soon though. It does not seem to be selling THAT well. Look at Rallisport 2. It went from $50 to $30 in a matter of about a month or less it seemed.

[quote name='Firebrand'][quote name='Scorch']$10 says it was sitting under the wrong pricetag. Happens all the time.[/quote]
For low profile games such as Sudeki, drastic price drops shortly after release aren't out of the question.[/quote]

Yea, but I dont know of any game that has taken an official 30 dollar price drop in less than week of release, even if it is low profile. And Sudeki isn't really considered a low profile release. It may not be selling that hot, but it had a pretty decent amount of press/hype leading up to it over the last few years.

[quote name='Firebrand'][quote name='Scorch']$10 says it was sitting under the wrong pricetag. Happens all the time.[/quote]
For low profile games such as Sudeki, drastic price drops shortly after release aren't out of the question.[/quote]

Shortly after the release date, sure, but it has only been out 1 week.

True for most cases, but MOST stores aren't even carrying more then four to five copies of this game. It shouldn't be that hard to sell off the copies that were sent. MS will make the mistake when they ship out even more copies after the copies are sold, It's better off left not being re-stocked or for special order only.

Anyways I work at Wal-Mart and I'll be checking the price today, If it still rings up $49.99 It's even more obvious YMMV. If It's not, how many of you will pay $24 shipped per copy? I'll buy out the whole stock.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']
Anyways I work at Wal-Mart and I'll be checking the price today, If it still rings up $49.99 It's even more obvious YMMV. If It's not, how many of you will pay $24 shipped per copy? I'll buy out the whole stock.[/quote]

I'd be more than happy to pay $24 for a copy. Keep me informed.

Well like I said before, theres only 4 copies last I checked, possibly 5, one is for me and one is for my friend and if any of my RL friends I'll offer it to them first, but if I have any remaning copies I'll let u to know and I owe a user here one if he's interested. I'll post results when I get home and done with hanging out, anywhere from 1am-3am Eastern.

[quote name='TheRaven'][quote name='Firebrand'][quote name='Scorch']$10 says it was sitting under the wrong pricetag. Happens all the time.[/quote]

Yea, but I dont know of any game that has taken an official 30 dollar price drop in less than week of release, even if it is low profile. And Sudeki isn't really considered a low profile release. It may not be selling that hot, but it had a pretty decent amount of press/hype leading up to it over the last few years.[/quote]

Beyond Good and Evil was $49.99 at release, out about 1 week (maybe 2), went on temorary sale for $9.99 at CC, then cut to $19.99 everywhere right after that.

Keep me informed. I would GLADLY pay 24 shipped for Sudeki. I have been wanting this game for a while before its release.

Mine has it for $50.

It took alot longer than a week for BG&E to drop. I bought it at launch and if I remember right it was about 2 months until it started to drop. Great game btw :D

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='CapAmerica']$10!!!
Runs out to get it!
WOHOO! First Xbox game in my collection![/quote]

Read the whole post...it was not $10. It was $20, and that was at HIS WalMart. All WalMarts price differently.

I'm sure this will drop in price soon though. It does not seem to be selling THAT well. Look at Rallisport 2. It went from $50 to $30 in a matter of about a month or less it seemed.[/quote]

Ya I relised I typed in the wrong price by mistake, I was just so happy to hear that I could get that game for $20 ^_^
I hope my Walmart has it for $20.

Has anyone been able to confirm this? Either scanning it or buying it? All we have is someone who saw it, but I agree with Scorch.

Can you guys please post which walmart location if you find it and if they do not have sudeki for 19.99 still please post where it is. Thanks

tenzor

xbox retail site ? As in a site that sells xbox games or as in a retail employee's site or as in those who work for microsoft ¿? I'd definately consider this game at $8.51 =P

Mine didn't have any copies of Sudeki at all. I actually looked at every Xbox label in the display and none of them read Sudeki either. This was at the Fair Oaks VA Wal-Mart.

No such luck at a walmart in DFW, the full $49.88. I'm hoping the game's price will drop soon though, it's already at $30 or less on eBay.

Sorry guys but It's also $49.82 at my Wal-Mart. Either this was placed under the wrong label,a mistake in price comp, or this is bs. And yes each Wal-Mart has only carried about 4 or 5 copies so I doubt they would clearance this off that quick, but when it hits $19.99 it's mine.

[quote name='floormat']link for the xbox retail site please and thank you.[/quote]
I'm not sure what the address is, but I think that you have to work at a videogame store if your going to order from the Xbox retail site.

[quote name='TheRaven'] It may not be selling that hot, but it had a pretty decent amount of press/hype leading up to it over the last few years.[/quote]

first time i hears of it was last wednesday, and it looks pretty lame

Actually Stealth the reviews are good but it seems Sudeki can be completed in about 20 hours and thats nothing compared to most of the great RPGs. If your looking for a RPG, hold off on Fable if you got an Xbox or pick up Star Ocean 3 for PS2 when it hits August 31st.

About this Xbox retail site, I used to work @ Circuit City and haven't heard a thing about this. A relative of mine does work @ Microsoft though and he told me he can pick up Sudeki for $20, which seems reasonable for a short but sweet RPG.

someone should do a scanned price check...i do remember that the breakdown was first '$19.99 at target...and only a select few had it marked that for the first week or so of the $19.99 markdown

Sudeki is not $20. This is the same thing as the "I got the PSone LCD screen for $0.01" thread. It's complete YMMV and was likely just a pricing mistake at one particular Walmart.

And Breakdown didn't drop to $20 until a few weeks after it's release.

As for the X-Box retail site, you need to work in a game store, or the game section of one. The way I found out about it was from the X-Box representative that visited my store, that gave me a card with her referral number on it. :p

Xbox retail site - It is working for any major software/hardware store. (Circuit City, Staples, Comp-USA, Gamestop etc.)

The game that he bought he used his points for, and he paid the shipping on it. You won't be notified of the game being in stock. You just need to keep checking.

Thanks,
Matthew

[quote name='trustcompany1013']someone should do a scanned price check...i do remember that the breakdown was first '$19.99 at target...and only a select few had it marked that for the first week or so of the $19.99 markdown[/quote]

I ran into Breakdown at Target at that price, long before my find of cheapassness here. Well worth that price.

[quote name='mmn']Sudeki is not $20. This is the same thing as the "I got the PSone LCD screen for $0.01" thread. It's complete YMMV and was likely just a pricing mistake at one particular Walmart.

And Breakdown didn't drop to $20 until a few weeks after it's release.[/quote]

No. This is a pricing mistake at one WalMart.

The screen was an instance of close-out on an old, out of production item that is continually dropping in price to the point of being closed out. That was no mistake.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']someone should do a scanned price check[/quote]

I work at Wal-Mart and I did take it out of the case and scan it. It rang up $49.82, this is extreme YMMV.

bread's done
Back