Sudoku in Brain Age

wowimsocute

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know there is Sudoku in Brain Age (and none in Big Brain Academy, I think) and was wondering how people felt about the Sudoku in there. Is it adequate? Would there be any reason in getting the new Sudoku game instead of Brain Age?

Well, I don't know about the Sudoku game for the DS but the one in Brain Training is really nice. I think there are 100 Sudoku puzzles in all and the way its done is really nice (they even give you the option to notify you if you make mistake which is great for learners).

Plus, there's Brain Training is a game on its own. I doesn't make you smarter or anything (which a lot of people have been thinking even though the title is Brain TRAINING), but doing a bit of math or reading each day can't be bad for you.:p

It IS fun!!
Plus the Brain Age game itself is really fun!!!

And yes, it doesn't make you smarter.. BUT, from my personal experience.. if I play it in the morning before I start my day (After Breakfast of course :D).. I seem to feel a bit more..sharper? Maybe it's a mental thing. But I do feel a bit more focused in the day.
Regardless of whatever it is.. it works LOL

Sudoku is awesome. It is very well implemented. Just don't let your Girlfriend play. You'll never see you DS again.

The Sudoku is brilliantly implemented. I've never played it in the paper at all, but have played a good bit of it with this game.

You can quickly select any square to fill in on the entire puzzle using the stylus, and write the number you want to fill-in with the stylus. You can even write possible numbers smaller and track your thoughts that way. Optionally have it notify you when you enter an incorrent number or not. Frankly it's worth the $20 just for the Sudoku.

The Sudoku only game has more puzzles (400 vs 100 I think) but I can't imagine the interface is as good.

The Sudoku game in Brain Age is Awesome. The Interface it what makes it so good. Just as Wubb described it.
There are 2 more Sudoku only games coming out next week, but from what I have read and watched from both of them , they are not near as good as the one in Brain Age. You would have thought they would have tried to make it similar or better.

I see more advertisement (signs, not commercials) for Soduku Gridmaster. Sudoku-Mania.. hmm. I wonder what WILL be the better of the 2.

Maybe one of them will surpass Brain Age's Sudoku for all we know =)

[quote name='eldad9']After playing Simple Sudoku (google it), it's hard to accept a lesser variant.[/QUOTE]

Being able to see all of the candidates automatically is nice, but does it have a system to let you track the candidates yourself manually? Even if you don't turn on the option to have it show you the candidates it still shows it to you by only giving you the candidate options as choices to fill in when you right click. And not being able to track candidates at all on the screen makes it too tough (for me anyway).

Could be there are options to address all of this, but I didn't see them.

I play Sudoku almost daily in the newspaper, and it's great to have a version that times you and keeps track of who can do each puzzle the fastets on your DS. I love this, and now have no desire to get the new ones coming out in a few weeks.

[quote name='munch']Sudoku is awesome. It is very well implemented. Just don't let your Girlfriend play. You'll never see you DS again.[/quote]

This should be taken as gospel...I can't get mine away from my wife at home anymore. Limited to playing on the bus during the commute to work everyday.

Sudoku is very well implemented in Brain Age.

Exactly. Had never played, the girlfriend did and I fired up the DS to learn. I haven't seen my DS much when she's around, although I am getting the hang of the puzzles now without her help.

As others have previously said, the sudoku is done very well in Brain Age. Even though there are only 100 puzzles and it does not have a puzzle generator, it doesn't matter because it's not like you are going to remember the puzzles at all. I like how it keeps a record of how long it took to solve the puzzle, so if you redo a puzzle, it at least provides a little motivation to beat the previous time. There is the ability to pause and save a puzzle, but that particular puzzle must be solved before starting a new puzzle or that previous work will be lost.

[quote name='furyk']I think the new Sudoku game also has you tapping away at numbers on a keypad rather then writing them out.[/quote]

I believe it gives you the option to do either actually...for those who have to have their numbers misinterpreted. :D

4s are my worst.

[quote name='Kyz']I believe it gives you the option to do either actually...for those who have to have their numbers misinterpreted. :D

4s are my worst.[/QUOTE]

Same here... My next biggest issue? I write my 7s with a dash through them (after years of arguing with Math Teachers over what were 1s and what were 7s, I started dashing my 7s). Now, If I dash my 7s on the fast math games it gives me the "7" correct on one problem, then a "1" (from a horizontial dash) for the next answer.

[quote name='Kyz']This should be taken as gospel...I can't get mine away from my wife at home anymore. Limited to playing on the bus during the commute to work everyday.

Sudoku is very well implemented in Brain Age.[/QUOTE]

I had to buy my GF her own DS Lite (W/ Free Brain Age) in order to get my damn system back.

bread's done
Back