Suggestion for a Gamestop price INCREASE thread

sunnysky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I'm sorry if there is already a thread like this.
That being said, I think it may be time for somebody to start a Gamestop Price Increase thread.
It's nice to see all the price drops on their site, but obviously they are not too interested in letting us know we would have gotten a better deal if we had been in their store several months ago.
I'm not talking about sales. I'm talking about actual price increases.
I've only got 2 examples really.

For example:
Wii Play used to be 9.99 used. Now it is 14.99.
Mass Effect used to be 14.99. Now it is 27.99.

The reason I think a thread like this could be helpful is that, if I'm looking to buy a game, but find out it's more expensive now (used) than it used to be it stands to reason that if I just wait a month or two, it should drop in price again. Not to mention it would give me reason to gamble with Ebay instead of Gamestop for that game.

i feel you on this one, i remember seeing Mass Effect at that price and ever since ME2 came out kinda been wanting to pick it up but not at that price, also i remember seeing COD:WAW for about 17 bucks and then it shot up to 22 bucks, gotta hate the game economy

[quote name='Ed_']Game economy? more like Gamestop screwyouover-opoly. :lol:[/QUOTE]

come on now, its just smart business. supply and demand. the demand for me1 went up when me2 came out thus shortening supply. i havent seen a used me1 at any stores around me in awhile. why sell it for 15 when you know you can sell it for 28? any of us would do the same thing if it was our business.

Sorry Op this is not a deal.
GS has always (duh! used game stores...) raised and lowered used game prices.

MODs?

[quote name='guinaevere']Moving to CAG News and Feedback, as this isn't a deal.[/QUOTE]

You are right. This is the ANTI -Deal thread.And now you'll put it in a place where it also does not belong and get less exposure. Effectively censoring the intent of the OP. Nice job...

[quote name='Revolution']You are right. This is the ANTI -Deal thread.And now you'll put it in a place where it also does not belong and get less exposure. Effectively censoring the intent of the OP. Nice job...[/QUOTE]

LOL

I'm sure that's not his intent (moving the thread to a less populated area). But I certainly did put it in the deals thread originally in hopes to get some exposure to the topic.

[quote name='sunnysky']But I certainly did put it in the deals thread originally in hopes to get some exposure to the topic.[/QUOTE]
I understand that, and I know it'll get less exposure in this forum, but this forum is where this thread currently belongs. If it gets a green light, we can have an anti-deal thread in the main deals forum.

But at the moment, the best place to have a Game Stop Price INCREASE thread would be in Game Deal Shopping/Discussion. But my suggestion for having permission to keep a GS increase listing in the Main Game deal forum would be to have a Game Stop Price CHANGE thread. And who ever maintains the OP would have a listing of all drops AND increases.

[quote name='sunnysky']I'm sure that's not his intent (moving the thread to a less populated area).[/QUOTE]I'm a her.

Vanity, thy name is woman. :whistle2:#

Reason #312 why I wont shop there.

The intelligent part of my brain knows its a business move, you get people wanting something and you have it, you raise the price if their willing to pay. Corporate boardrooms do not consist of guys in suits trying to figure out what to do to make things fair for their customers and to always want to give them the best deal, their job is to make as much money as possible for the company.

On the other hand though the customer and consumer side of my brain knows lamestop has horrible pricing, they always have. Ive seen used games in their store priced more than the new copies sitting right next to it and when asking the manager about they basically just say buy the new one. Hell if they have a game priced lower on their website their stores wont price match it, which confuses me and I never end up getting it off their site because after tax and shipping its more than the store anyway.

Its another reason why I dont like that company and I wont give them my money. Aside from a 2.99 used ps2 game I bought there last year I havent shopped with them for little over a year and I dont miss it because between amazon, ebay and a couple other sites I can always, always find better prices and better offers usually with free shipping than I can with lamestop.

[quote name='frankcastle']come on now, its just smart business. supply and demand. the demand for me1 went up when me2 came out thus shortening supply. i havent seen a used me1 at any stores around me in awhile. why sell it for 15 when you know you can sell it for 28? any of us would do the same thing if it was our business.[/QUOTE]

No, it's a monopoly. Had the Govt. stepped in and stopped a certain company from buying all of the major retail game chains, there would be multiple chains competing for customers still, driving used prices down some/offering better TIV's.

*cough* But that's a discussion for another time.

[quote name='Revolution']You are right. This is the ANTI -Deal thread.And now you'll put it in a place where it also does not belong and get less exposure. Effectively censoring the intent of the OP. Nice job...[/QUOTE]

There is nothing in this thread beyond a discussion. There is no deal or anti deals here. If the OP wants to keep track of all of that stuff and update it regularly, then it might qualify for the video game deals forum. As is, a discussion about possibly making a thread doesn't belong there.

For the record, I think it is a good idea for this information to be documented somewhere on the site, should someone want to keep a list updated.

[quote name='Ryukahn']For the record, I think it is a good idea for this information to be documented somewhere on the site, should someone want to keep a list updated.[/QUOTE]

Personally I have no where near enough time to track something like this. However it sure would be great if someone were willing to take it on.

bread's done
Back