Suggestion for useful feature

JHawkZero

CAGiversary!
What about adding a value for the Metacritic score for games in the CAG data base? I'm not a true believer in the Metacritic System but it is a standardized (if not perfect) quantification of a games general quality.

While that alone might be nice the ultimate goal would be to provide a $ to Metacritic Score ratio using the "best current price value". This would give a rated list of the "best" games for your dollar.

You could turn the collection of metacritic scores over to the users and while every single game might not get one right away we would be able to chip away at it.

The only issue I could see would be people inputing inaccurate metacritic scores to bump game's ratios to either pusgh games they like or to make a joke and pump up a crappy game.

Example - Red Faction Guerilla for Xbox360
MetaCritic: 85 / Current Best Price: $39.99
Value Ratio: 2.13 points to the dollar

You would obviously have to filter games below a certain score as a game with a MetaCritic score of 30 that is selling for 2.99 would have a ratio of 10.03 points to the dollar (but is very likely a crappy game). Maybe someone can figure out what I am aiming for better than I'm able to. The whole point is give you some kind of "Bang-for-the-Buck" rating.

Anyway, just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back