Suggestion on PCI TV tuner card for PS2 -> PC?

excellen

CAGiversary!
Specifically I'm looking to hook up my ps2 to use on my computer monitor.

This VGA box (http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Input-P...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000JCLLUW) seems to be really popular but I'd rather have a less intrusive solution.

I've read that a TV tuner PCI card that I could throw in my tower would work if it had VGA input. All the forum threads and things I've been reading are from as far back as 2006 though. Can anyone recommend a good price/quality ratio TV tuner card that would work for this?

I used to play my PS2 on my monitor, but it would not be something you will do very often. You computer is pretty much sitting idle wasting energy. That standalone box seems to be the best solution.

I've had success with the Kworld brand of TV Tuners back in the day when I wanted to play on my computer screen. They are roughly $35-$45 on newegg. I've also used the USB Dazzle capture devices before and it works just as well. You will have some slight input lag doing this method however.

After doing some more research there are a few things I should clear up I guess. My PC's running Windows 7 64-bit, and having my computer sit idly isn't a huge problem since I kind of like having the "screen" be a minimizable window in case I need to quickly look up a FAQ or something.

I mention Windows 7 because I actually already own a gamebridge. Unfortunately there's no way of getting it to work on Win7 64-bit without using a virtual machine. As far as I can tell, a dedicated tv tuner card with no hardware mpeg-2 processing would be the best input lag-free solution as well as give a clearer picture compared to gamebridge/dazzle.

So I suppose more specifically what I'm looking for is recommendations on a tv capture card with s-video input that has drivers compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. No hardware mpeg-2 encoding or the option to turn it off would also be great since that's ideal for gaming.

bread's done
Back