Suggestions for a Second Job

WinnieThePujols

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I kind of want to get a second job. I'd like the secondary income to go completely towards my new computer funds.

I'm in college, so I can't work mid-afternoon (or morning, for that matter); I currently work at Menards (which is a hardware store) and get about 25-30 hours a week, but I really can't get much more than that. Plus, with it being really slow like it is during this time of year, I get sent home frequently so I can't even rely on the hours I'm scheduled.

Any ideas? I just kind of want to work another 10 hours a week somewhere or something. Any advice on a place that would be flexible with hours that wouldn't need me to put in any hours at all?

Or can you think of any ideas for some secondary income (and no, selling drugs or prostituting myself are not viable options).

how about getting a better FIRST job. Get a full 40 hour job, it'll be tons easier than trying to juggle 2 jobs plus school, at different pay rates in different places for the same amount of hours.

[quote name='Hex']Or yourself? :lol:[/quote]
He already said that wasn't viable. =P

Mugging? Capital is fairly small as you only have to invest in a mask. You can use any blunt objects you find near your soon to be victim.

Its practically all profit.

[quote name='Kayden']He already said that wasn't viable. =P

Mugging? Capital is fairly small as you only have to invest in a mask. You can use any blunt objects you find near your soon to be victim.

Its practically all profit.[/quote]

Shit, I didn't notice. :lol:

[quote name='bobomallone']how about getting a better FIRST job. Get a full 40 hour job, it'll be tons easier than trying to juggle 2 jobs plus school, at different pay rates in different places for the same amount of hours.[/QUOTE]

Because like I said, I can't get more hours at this job. I cap off where I'm at now (25-30), and those hours aren't even guaranteed because I get sent home early a lot during this time of the year.

Now I could scrap this job completely, but I get paid $8.25 and more importantly, $10.75 on weekends; plus, I'm due like $0.60 in raises in the next couple months here. I don't know where people on this board live, but wages like that dwarf any other college jobs that I'm aware of (around here, anyway).

I made 8.50 sitting on my ass watching my college's computer lab.

Now I make 15.50 building computers...

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']Because like I said, I can't get more hours at this job. I cap off where I'm at now (25-30), and those hours aren't even guaranteed because I get sent home early a lot during this time of the year.

Now I could scrap this job completely, but I get paid $8.25 and more importantly, $10.75 on weekends; plus, I'm due like $0.60 in raises in the next couple months here. I don't know where people on this board live, but wages like that dwarf any other college jobs that I'm aware of (around here, anyway).[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']I made 8.50 sitting on my ass watching my college's computer lab.

Now I make 15.50 building computers...[/QUOTE]

It all depends on location though. Sounds like he has a pretty good job for his demograph. Where I am, that is sorta average.

Have you tried looking on campus? Generally those jobs are pretty flexible in their hours and it would be much easier to travel to.

[quote name='dpatel']Have you tried looking on campus? Generally those jobs are pretty flexible in their hours and it would be much easier to travel to.[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. Unlike Kayden, though, I won't be getting paid $8.50 to do it... campus jobs where I live pay usually right around $6.00 per hour.

i worked with a guy that delivered newspapers as a second job. he had to get up pretty early every morning but he also was pulling in several hundred extra bucks a month.

bread's done
Back