Suggestions on selling a Laptop?

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I currently have the Qosmio X305-Q701, and I am looking to sell it and get a desktop. I definitely do not want to list it on ebay, and honestly I am uncomfortable selling it to another person in general, as I would hate to sell it then have them come up with some kind of issue and demand money back or some other such thing. I would much prefer selling it to a store that deals with used laptops or something like that, but the problem is I have no idea where to look or if such stores even exist. I also don't really care about getting the absolute top dollar, as long as I get a fair price that I can put towards the desktop.

With that said, I figured I would post here and see if anyone had any recommendations on how or where I should go to sell the laptop. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Buy has a trade in program http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/?logout=1

I got a quote for my laptop (bought in early 2008) and they offered $50 for it, lol. You're obviously going to get a better price selling it to someone directly. I'm going to be trying notebookreview.com's forums first then if that doesn't work, go craigslist, then ebay.

Lol, well that is something at least! For all my stuff (extra battery/power cord) they offered $268, and I'd definitely want more than that heh.

Honestly, you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. Computers get outdated so fast, and the market for a 17" notebook will be tiny. At best you will probably only get 400-500 dollars even if you paid 1500 dollars for it.

[quote name='Thongsy']Honestly, you shouldn't get your hopes up too much. Computers get outdated so fast, and the market for a 17" notebook will be tiny. At best you will probably only get 400-500 dollars even if you paid 1500 dollars for it.[/QUOTE]

550-700 is what I was hoping for, depending on if the place takes the extra battery/powercord and the install discs; certainly not expecting anything more than that. Last time I checked ebay they were going for ~750 with none of the extras, but I'm not sure how relevant that price is going to be since I do not want to sell on ebay. I found some site called cashforlaptops which offered me ~550 with none of the extras, but that sounds like a terrible site, not to mention I don't really trust them enough to ship a laptop to them. Maybe if MC Hammer and Ed McMahon were hawking the site.....

bread's done
Back