Suikoden II for $105. Do I bite?

Adilink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
156 (99%)
I found a guy selling a copy of Suikoden II for $105 shipped. He says it's complete and in "impeccable" condition. While I certainly could afford it, I'm just wondering if it's worth it.

Also, I get the feeling that the second I Paypal this guy, Sony and Konami are going to announce a PSN release, a PSP port or something along those lines...

[quote name='Adilink']I found a guy selling a copy of Suikoden II for $105 shipped. He says it's complete and in "impeccable" condition. While I certainly could afford it, I'm just wondering if it's worth it.

Also, I get the feeling that the second I Paypal this guy, Sony and Konami are going to announce a PSN release, a PSP port or something along those lines...[/QUOTE]

Isn't it slated for a PSN release? I'm certainly not sure, but I can't imagine the gameplay is worth that much. I'd personally buy 5-10 really good cheap games and save your money until you've found one at a flea market or something. It's not THAT rare, I've personally had at least 5 copies over the last few years.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Isn't it slated for a PSN release? I'm certainly not sure, but I can't imagine the gameplay is worth that much. I'd personally buy 5-10 really good cheap games and save your money until you've found one at a flea market or something. It's not THAT rare, I've personally had at least 5 copies over the last few years.[/quote]This. If you aren't in dire need to play it right now, just wait. I've found two copies for under 10 bucks each in the last year.

Honestly, it has to be something truly fucking EPIC for me to spend $105 on it, and I mean it needs to be more than just a one-disc game... I expect more. At least a giant controller, steel battalion style.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Suikoden II, but games aren't stocks/mutual funds/etc. you shouldn't invest that much in em.

I wouldn't- just a brief runthrough of recent Ebay auctions shows most copies selling for only $20 or so more, and several under $100. Waiting would likely land you a better deal, or that really-very-likely PSN release will happen.

Unless you're dying for it, I'd skip it.

(On the same note, I'd be much obliged if anyone passed along offerings spotted for the case/case insert. I just need that back liner paper!)

Suikoden 2 usually goes for about a 100 dollars for a regular decent copy so a perfect copy i would bite. It's also hands down probably the best PSX RPG game. If you don't bite. I know others will.

I saw the ebay auction. It does have a tiny hairline mark on it so it's not perfect.

So far, there is no plans for a rerelease yet.

You can purchase it, play through it, re-sell it and lose no money in the process.

[quote name='Rozz']You can purchase it, play through it, re-sell it and lose no money in the process.[/quote]

This is a very good strategy.

bread's done
Back