Suikoden II

I've seen it drop as low as $80 during the summer months; you could probably advertise a buy price of $120 shipped and get one in better condition from a CAG.

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm just waiting for the PSN to get this. Then all the collector's will cry ;)[/QUOTE]

And that is why I like digital re-release. The psychical copies can stay with collectors and those who want to play it can at a reasonable price.

I was lucky enough to get this game from a fellow CAG for like 70 - 80 a few months ago, in mint condition and complete. If you have patience maybe you'll find a good deal for this game below the 100+, because in my honest opinion I don't think this game is worth that much money especially a used one.

Thank god I bought this at walmart long ago...they had several copies for 20 bucks when they started phasing the PS1 games out..I should have bought a couple when I had the chance...

Check Craiglists or drop by your local thrift store. Last year, I was luckily enough to find two complete copies of Suikoden II at GoodWill for $6 each.

[quote name='killa5k7']Thank god I bought this at walmart long ago...they had several copies for 20 bucks when they started phasing the PS1 games out..I should have bought a couple when I had the chance...[/QUOTE]

Should've bought the lot :lol:

[quote name='Josh5890']I'm just waiting for the PSN to get this. Then all the collector's will cry ;)[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, I want this game to be available for download on PSN so more people can play it, collector's be damned. Although I still feel that disc copies would still hold their value based on their limited print run anyway.

I don't really see why collectors would have to worry about a digital version. It doesn't change the fact that we still have original copies of the game; they don't magically become less exclusive. If anything, collectors benefit because they can then play the digital version and keep their disc in pristine condition. Not that I personally care, though; I just think it's a damn good game and I have no intention of trying to make money off of it.

[quote name='postaboy']Check Craiglists or drop by your local thrift store. Last year, I was luckily enough to find two complete copies of Suikoden II at GoodWill for $6 each.[/QUOTE]

The prices on Craigslist for my area go between $110 and $170.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zionoverfire']No, it's not even the best game in the series.[/QUOTE]

agreed, the first and third in the series are far better. I would wait until the game shows up on psn, i am sure it will eventually

Hi all, I thought I'd ask my question here.

Tomorrow, I plan on picking up Suikoden 1-6 for $150. Part 3 comes with a worn guide. And parts 2,4,5 and tactics are complete. Part one has case and game, but no manual.

The price for all is $150. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on this tomorrow, but am hesitating because it is an hour drive. The seller sent me a pic and everything. Thoughts?

[quote name='EvilChamp']Hi all, I thought I'd ask my question here.

Tomorrow, I plan on picking up Suikoden 1-6 for $150. Part 3 comes with a worn guide. And parts 2,4,5 and tactics are complete. Part one has case and game, but no manual.

The price for all is $150. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on this tomorrow, but am hesitating because it is an hour drive. The seller sent me a pic and everything. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

You should go and take $300+ with you, since there's a good chance if somebody is unloading a set like that they have other quality titles in the woodwork. You can already see that they're willing to give you a good rate, and sometimes if you spend enough and ask for more you start getting free stuff.

Also check for anime boxsets and pc games. Jump into as many areas as possible. See what they want to clear out :)

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']You should go and take $300+ with you, since there's a good chance if somebody is unloading a set like that they have other quality titles in the woodwork. You can already see that they're willing to give you a good rate, and sometimes if you spend enough and ask for more you start getting free stuff.

Also check for anime boxsets and pc games. Jump into as many areas as possible. See what they want to clear out :)[/QUOTE]

Much thanks for the tip. I didn't think of that at all. I'm going tomorrow so I'll be sure to post here if I get anything else. Thanks!

[quote name='ctrek3']agreed, the first and third in the series are far better. I would wait until the game shows up on psn, i am sure it will eventually[/QUOTE]

If I had a PS3 and if it were released on PSN, I would buy it. Unfortunately I don't, that's why I'm looking for a physical copy.

[quote name='Meremare']If I had a PS3 and if it were released on PSN, I would buy it. Unfortunately I don't, that's why I'm looking for a physical copy.[/QUOTE]

ahh, well that does make sense. it really is a shame that 2 goes for so much, i really felt that the first one was better. good luck in finding a good copy for a decent price.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']You should go and take $300+ with you, since there's a good chance if somebody is unloading a set like that they have other quality titles in the woodwork. You can already see that they're willing to give you a good rate, and sometimes if you spend enough and ask for more you start getting free stuff.

Also check for anime boxsets and pc games. Jump into as many areas as possible. See what they want to clear out :)[/QUOTE]

Good call!

Yeah, the $150 for that set is a steal considering what it's all currently worth. You could probably get your money back selling 2 (if you wanted) and have all the rest of it for nothing!

I personally played through 1 and 2 and started 3. Overall I thought 2 was the among the top RPGs of that generation, but had a sloppy translation. 1 was also great, but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it as much if I played it today.

MjC

[quote name='ZombieToast']Let us know how that goes, EvilChamp. If the guy is legit, then that's a fantastic deal.[/QUOTE]

So, I ended asking him if he had anything else to unload and he said he could also get rid of Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue. That's a total of 8 discs!

He didn't have the case or manual, all the discs were loose, but in good condition. I offered him $30 and he took it.

All in all, I spent $180 and got Suikoden 1-6 and both Lunar games for PS1.

All Suikoden games were complete except for 1, which was missing the manual. Part two, which was the reason I was there, was in terrific condition.

I would post an image or a link of the find, but I can't yet ....

Thanks for the tips guys! :D

That's one of the best deals I've seen in a long time! Hell, that'd be a good deal even if some of these games weren't so hard to come by.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Good call!

Yeah, the $150 for that set is a steal considering what it's all currently worth. You could probably get your money back selling 2 (if you wanted) and have all the rest of it for nothing!

I personally played through 1 and 2 and started 3. Overall I thought 2 was the among the top RPGs of that generation, but had a sloppy translation. 1 was also great, but I'm not sure I'd appreciate it as much if I played it today.

MjC[/QUOTE]

3 was the first one I really got into / completed, 2 looked decent (though I'll be flipping it rather than playing it unless I get one on the cheap). 1 seems a little dated in my opinion (granted I never got attached when it was first released).

Just an update here. Started playing part 1 first ... and coming from someone that is an avid SNES RPG enthusiast, this game was slooooow. It gave me a headache several times. IMO, it was maybe meant to be a 16bit game, but was rushed at last minute to PS1.

Now, playing part two is a SERIOUS upgrade. The graphics are a lot smoother, everything looks cleaner and it feels like a next gen (for its time) game. Probably won't play the first one again and start from the second. So far I'm enjoying the hunt for all 108 toons.

Quick side note, does Suikoden mean "108" in another language? What does it mean? lol

*Edited ... spelled "serious" wrong. =P

I saw an add locally selling it for $45 (disc only) was gone within 48 hours.(I was just checking to see if still there, was going to offer to get it for someone here they just gotta pay for it and my gas money to get it)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I saw an add locally selling it for $45 (disc only) was gone within 48 hours.(I was just checking to see if still there, was going to offer to get it for someone here they just gotta pay for it and my gas money to get it)[/QUOTE]

Craigslist, right? That's an awesome price. I snagged one over at gametz for $110 shipped (I know it's more than I was hoping to pay).

[quote name='Meremare']Craigslist, right? That's an awesome price. I snagged one over at gametz for $110 shipped (I know it's more than I was hoping to pay).[/QUOTE]

Yeah. If I didn't already have it, I would have jumped on it.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Yeah. If I didn't already have it, I would have jumped on it.[/QUOTE]

If you spot any more for sale, I wouldn't mind getting a 2nd copy.

bread's done
Back