Suikoden IV $29.99

oddjob93

CAGiversary!
Did a Quick search and didnt see it posted So here you go
Cheap ass link
Note: the price becomes $29.99 when you add it to your cart, so dont bitch about it saying $34.99 and please remember to select ground shipping.
Enjoy

might seen it 50 times so far but that little free truck thing still makes me laugh. I would buy it but Hated the demo i played in store

[quote name='jimbodan']I'd get it for that price if it came with the art book[/quote]

It's nothing special, just has two pages on the runes and a paragraph about them. Then it has artwork for every single star in the game, including Ted. But price wise I bet the artbook goes for $20-$30 a year from now since It's not for re-sale and was supposed to only come with pre-orders, and some people didn't even get their artbook with their pre-orders.

Be careful when checking out, they make the default shipping second day for $8, but ground is indeed free.

[quote name='shrike4242']Metacritic tossed it a 64:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/suikoden4

Gamerankings gave it a 64 as well:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/918886.asp

Anything not 75 or better, with a few exceptions in my book, waits until it's $20 or less.[/quote]

i dont pay attention to reviews, usually games i find amazing get 7's and 8's from most places (culdcept, acr the lad)

suikoden isnt a huge name in the gaming world, and (im sure) 4 isnt some innovative masterpiece. but i loved the first 2, picked up 3 the first day and havent played it since that first day. it just felt wrong. hopefully with 2 years they had, they made a good game. the reviews i read didnt like it, but said the battles were faster, more frequent, and not in pairs, which were my 3 main problems with 3, so i think it might be good. at 30 bucks, if i hate it, im sure i can sell it for 30 on ebay, no harm no foul ^^

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='jimbodan']I'd get it for that price if it came with the art book[/quote]

It's nothing special, just has two pages on the runes and a paragraph about them. Then it has artwork for every single star in the game, including Ted. But price wise I bet the artbook goes for $20-$30 a year from now since It's not for re-sale and was supposed to only come with pre-orders, and some people didn't even get their artbook with their pre-orders.[/quote]

my store got zero! i was so mad

great price

i was thinking of buying it from outpost at 34.99 but the bad reviews turned me away.

dunno if 29.99 will get me to buy it or not. but thx for the heads up.

no tax and free shipping is nice too. love outpost.

[quote name='Romeo']Unless I'm losing it, the game says it's $29.99 normally and ground shipping is $4.xx.[/quote]

It'll zero itself out when you're at the end of the order, where there will be a credit equal to the shipping charge on the order. Doesn't show up until right at the end.

Picked it up B&M. Can't wait to play it. Have been a fan since I found the first one as a new release on the PS1... Oh the memories.

But first.... must beat:
ToS
Baten Kaitos
Shadow Hearts Cov.
Disgaea triology...
Dang it's gonna be a long year.... =D

[quote name='Ivanhoe']great price

i was thinking of buying it from outpost at 34.99 but the bad reviews turned me away.

dunno if 29.99 will get me to buy it or not. but thx for the heads up.

no tax and free shipping is nice too. love outpost.[/quote]
Yeah, Outpost kicks ass!!

got mine from gamestop in the mail-they are not shipping the art book with the game. it's being sent through media mail. bastards!

This game is a big maybe for me. I have I, II and III. I love the series but II and III became extremely hard to find (Remember III was going for $70 until the re-release.) so do I get this now? Or hope it's still around to hit $20. Plus the reviews really suck.

Oh man, it's hard to be a Suikoden fan sometimes.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='jimbodan']I'd get it for that price if it came with the art book[/quote]

I bet the artbook goes for $20-$30 a year from now.[/quote]

Lol, which is why I want it. If the game truely sucks I can probably sell the game and artbook and end up turning a slight profit.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='jimbodan']I'd get it for that price if it came with the art book[/quote]

I bet the artbook goes for $20-$30 a year from now.[/quote]

Lol, which is why I want it. If the game truely sucks I can probably sell the game and artbook and end up turning a slight profit.[/quote]

Here is an artbook going for $17.49 with a little under a day left. I figure I might just ebay mine and cut the game cost in half.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='shrike4242']Metacritic tossed it a 64:

Anything not 75 or better, with a few exceptions in my book, waits until it's $20 or less.[/quote]

i dont pay attention to reviews, usually games i find amazing get 7's and 8's from most places (culdcept, acr the lad)

suikoden isnt a huge name in the gaming world, and (im sure) 4 isnt some innovative masterpiece. but i loved the first 2, picked up 3 the first day and havent played it since that first day. it just felt wrong. hopefully with 2 years they had, they made a good game. the reviews i read didnt like it, but said the battles were faster, more frequent, and not in pairs, which were my 3 main problems with 3, so i think it might be good. at 30 bucks, if i hate it, im sure i can sell it for 30 on ebay, no harm no foul ^^[/quote]

Well It's still 3d, and there are HUGE load times(atleast for a primary xbox playah, 5 seconds going into seperate TOWN areas, and four seconds before each battle). Other then that they fixed the battles (back to second 1 and 2 easyness when it comes to fighting) and story seems interesting, and theres voice acting! The story starts off very slow/boring but it picks up after about two hours. So far I would give it a 8/10, but nothing higher then that. Konami looks like they are getting the series on the right track again.

[quote name='Max Spider X']When I am at the step right before submit, it still says $6 for ground shipping. How did you get the free shipping?[/quote]
It should be subtracted right before you complete the order. If there are any problems once the order has been placed, call outpost. They will take care of it.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='shrike4242']Metacritic tossed it a 64:

suikoden isnt a huge name in the gaming world, and (im sure) 4 isnt some innovative masterpiece. but i loved the first 2, picked up 3 the first day and havent played it since that first day. it just felt wrong. hopefully with 2 years they had, they made a good game. the reviews i read didnt like it, but said the battles were faster, more frequent, and not in pairs, which were my 3 main problems with 3, so i think it might be good. at 30 bucks, if i hate it, im sure i can sell it for 30 on ebay, no harm no foul ^^[/quote]

Ironically enough, most Suikoden fans agree (myself included) but most media outlets hates 1 and 2 ( and consequently, 4) but loved 3.

[quote name='RichD1']
Ironically enough, most Suikoden fans agree (myself included) but most media outlets hates 1 and 2 ( and consequently, 4) but loved 3.[/quote]

they wont admit it now tho! suiko1 got mid 70's and 2 got the same, but now that people actully took the time to pick up the controllers and find out what awesome games they are, everyone loves them.

thats why i hate reviewers. i wish there was a site that just told you the facts straight and not weather a game was good or bad (like a well written report on a game rather than "this is t3h suck")

btw, my order shipped today XoD

Bastards, they took off the free ship tag! I called this morning and the guy said he doesn't see free shipping. And I told him the tag was there when I placed the order last night. He will email the dept and then see if they can do the adjustment for me. Damn, hope that's not too late before I cancel the order.

Those goddamn bastards! I have emailed them 4 times and got no response. Today they just shipped my order and charged $36.49. Goddamn! Anyone know if I can do a credit card chargeback?

[quote name='Max Spider X']Those goddamn bastards! I have emailed them 4 times and got no response. Today they just shipped my order and charged $36.49. Goddamn! Anyone know if I can do a credit card chargeback?[/quote]

I had the same problem, but then I called them and they took off the shipping charge for me. Mine still hasn't shipped yet though.

I badly want to get the game for that price, but I really don't want to order online. I'm just going to go get it at EB today for normal price since I want it that badly. I was hoping Meijer would stock the game, but I guess not.:(

Very odd.

Zelda and RE0 are both in my cart at the old prices from back when I didn't order them the first time.

But Suikoden 4 is 40 bucks in my cart. No free shipping option it seems.

[quote name='GSJaia']Very odd.

Zelda and RE0 are both in my cart at the old prices from back when I didn't order them the first time.

But Suikoden 4 is 40 bucks in my cart. No free shipping option it seems.[/quote]

They took off the free shipping sometime last week.

bread's done
Back