Sum 41

kube00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Anyone own Sum 41 new cd? I listen to a few of the songs and compared to the last few albums I wasn't too impressed.

It seems like they have lost their touch, maybe the married life for Deryck has toned things down.

I mean I really like Half an Hour of power, its good alternative/skate punk music. Also Does this look infected to you was also prety good along the same lines. Chuck had an harder edge and got away from the I've been dumped/getting wasted and doing dumb stuff songs.

I'm not a fan of them but I do have the "All killer..." album. I never really followed them but I noticed that they seem to be aiming towards high schoolers again. I was in high school when All Killer came out and they were older then me and it was ok back then. Then each subsequent allbum since has at least led with a harder first single that wasn't high schoolish. Now I'm seeing this new single where they're in a high school and the album is called Upper Class Heroes or something. I don't really follow them but I could tell when they're trying to pander to a certain crowd. To me it seems that they got popular for the sound of the first single off the all killer album and that song they did for spider man but they're real sound was more of those past 3 albums but now they're trying to get back to that sound they first got popular for. I don't know though. I don't really follow them nor am I a fan. I can't even remember their first single. I can remember pain for pleasure though.

Their last album bombed so the label probably got on their case and said that they wanted a hit or they would get dropped.

Whoa, people still listed to Sum 41?

Here I thought they were a one hit wonder that everyone left behind when they left middle/high school.

sum 41 suffers from what alot of bands suffer from.....itallsoundsthesameitus. i really cant tell one band , group or singer from another till they say their name at the beginning or end of a song. rock bands dont rock anymore it all sounds so dull bland and washed out. not to mention none of them really have anything worth writing about. the last band that had a real message was rage against the machine and i wont lie most times i didnt know wtf they were raging about until they did an mtv interview or something or maybe during their videos.

Whoa! I love the new album! and their last one too. I guess I'm the minority :( I love The Jester, With Me, Walking Disaster, Speak of the Devil. Great songs!

...unreal how I was just playing Still Waiting by them

I like them and there last album Chuck was great but ever since then I haven't bought a single CD so i couldn't really talk about it..

I loved Chuck, All Killer No Filler, and Does This Look Infected. Heard the new single for the new album and didn't like it, haven't heard the rest of the cd though.

I actually saw Sum 41 in concert this summer. They were at a big festival with Queens of the Stone Age (the reason I went) and I actually ended up liking their performance. Then again, I hadn't listened to them for about six years, so my enjoyment may have just been nostalgia.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Whoa, people still listed to Sum 41?

Here I thought they were a one hit wonder that everyone left behind when they left middle/high school.[/quote]

Indeed, next thing you'll tell me people are still listening to Limp Bizkit.

bread's done
Back