Sumary of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Deals and Promo

62t

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Here's a quick summary of all the The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass deals and promo

TRU
- Free Prima game guide
http://server6.pictiger.com/img/667778/picture-hosting/zelda.php

www.walmart.com
- Free stylus and DS skin
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7694902&sourceid=14767619212900929156
0078033209672_215X215.jpg

Circuit City
- Zelda Pen, Headphones and screenwipe
zelda.jpg

GAMESTOP
- Free art cell if you buy the game with the system
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020275Z
b020275zb.jpg

Canada Best Buy
- free hourglass
http://www.bestbuy.ca/marketing/weeklyad/EN/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN

Go there, type in T4B 3E6 in the Postal Code area. Then when the Ad comes up, go to page 12 and you will see the bonus.

Family Video has the best price - $25.98 (or $27.98) shipped
http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150349

As much as I hate Wal-Mart (and paying $10 over the cheapest price), that skin is really excellent, I've got to get it.

Rumor's floating about the Nintendo's going to hold a registration prize like a few recent games where all you do is register your game online and receive a free gift. Apparently word's floating about if one is to be done, it'd be a stylus shaped as one of those feather pens.

Wow, you have to spend $170 at GameStop to get a free art cell? Those people are just begging us to "Stop" shopping there.

I think the free Prima guide is the best deal but Wal-Marts skins are extremely sick!!! It's almost tempting to pre-order at both and sell the extra copy to hopefully get a cheap-o guide off that bat ;)

[quote name='Tsukento']Rumor's floating about the Nintendo's going to hold a registration prize like a few recent games where all you do is register your game online and receive a free gift. Apparently word's floating about if one is to be done, it'd be a stylus shaped as one of those feather pens.[/quote]

Sounds good actually. I'm quite happy with the stylus set that I recieved for registering Brain Age.

If I was inclined to get it at launch, I'd get it at FamilyVideo since $10 of the guide is factored into the TRU MSRP price.

Gamestop's promo is non-existent if you already have a DS.

[quote name='rarebucky']Or you can always buy the DSL with Zelda at GS, keep the Zelda and art cell, and return the system.[/quote]
That in itself is a fucking hassle for that kind of money.

I think I'll go with the Walmart deal for the skins. The stylus could easily be replaced with the quill pen stylus. :applause:

Yeah, quill stylus if you register.

I already ordered at FV a few weeks ago, but TRU has a nice deal with that free guide. I like free stuff, but I don't need a stylus that's boring, a pen, or a skin I'll never use.

Nice stuff, but I want this game ASAP; fully-paid pre-order at Game Crazy and my local one gets games at around 1 PM. If I could wait, I would've ordered from Family Video and saved me some $$$.

I don't like the prima guides or guides for zelda in general.. maybe wal-mart ftw? is that online only?

The Toys R Us birthday celebration offers a $5 off DS game with the Pokemon character download, that is good for a day or two.

1. Do you think you have to download the pokemon character to get the coupon?
2. Do you think they would let you use the coupon to preorder Zelda, in store or online? $5 off with the free strategy guide would rock.

I'll probably be getting this at TRU for free guide hopefully they get them in on the 2 I can't wait to play this game.

Too bad there's no more nintendo guides it seems.. =\

I might do the TRU deal being that I have a 10% off coupon from the scratch and win game they are doing. $34 for the game and the guide after tax aint to shabby. The other stuff looks cool but nothing that would force me to get it somewhere else.

Is the free Prima Guide at TRU the regular Prima Guide or is it some little booklet or somthing.

I went to Gamestop today to pick up Soul Nomad, and I ended up walking out with one of the LoZ Art Cels.

The manager gave me one of the cels with my preorder of Phantom Hourglass without having to buy a DS. I'm sure this is pretty YMMV since it specifically states on the print that you must purchase LoZ:pH and a DS to get it.

Apparently, each cel is number out of 50,000 so it is actually a limited edition promo. It isn't extremely limited as you can see, but I know some people here can't help themselves when it comes to "limited" video game swag.

I saw the Prima guide and also the Pen, Headphone and Screen-Wipe combo-packs out at CC already today. The guide is full size, retails for $20 and and has a full, pull out map of the ocean (at least that's what it said on the back) I couldn' t tell because it was sealed. The headphone, pen and screenwipe pack looked pretty cheap, though.

[quote name='JDUB X']Is the free Prima Guide at TRU the regular Prima Guide or is it some little booklet or somthing.[/QUOTE]

It's the full-sized prima guide. The TRU ad lists it as a $19.99 value. Good deal.

[quote name='garfep']YMMV, but the GS here said the cell will be for anyone who pre-orders the game, with no mention of the system.[/quote]

I heard the same thing

Well, I cancelled my FV order (well, emailed to cancel) after realizing the Prima guide is $20 and not $15. That's too good of a value on a guide I'll most likely want to buy later down the line. I'll be there Tuesday to grab 'em both.

I considered cancelling my FamilyVideo preorder, but I decided against it. For one, the guide is Prima, not Nintendo. I only buy the official Nintendo guides if/when I buy a guide at all. Also, I used the $5.00 new member discount for FV. I doubt I would be able to reuse it if I cancelled my order.

I'm not in any rush to get the game.... I have so many other games I haven't played much or even touched at all. Hell, I haven't even beat Windwaker, and I have had that since when it first came out.

Oh, jeez. I was going to try and hold off on getting this game for a while because my backlog of games is getting ridiculous. Now, between the free guide at TRU and the quill pen when you register I'm going to have to pick this game up next week.

I hope that one of these days CAG is going to save me some money instead of making me spend more of it.

Man.. tough one to call...

I'll check Gamestop and see if I can get the LE cell/art. If not, I'll avail TRU's deal..

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I'm not in any rush to get the game.... I have so many other games I haven't played much or even touched at all. Hell, I haven't even beat Windwaker, and I have had that since when it first came out.[/quote]

Just a heads up: If you wanna get the game ASAP on Monday night/Tuesday morning but still keep your online preorder, you can pick up the game early Tuesday morning and when your online order comes take that sealed game and return it using your Tuesday morning receipt. So you get the benefit of the cheap online price and you get to the play the game as soon as its released.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I'm not in any rush to get the game.... I have so many other games I haven't played much or even touched at all. Hell, I haven't even beat Windwaker, and I have had that since when it first came out.[/quote]

Just a heads up: If you wanna get the game ASAP on Monday night/Tuesday morning but still keep your online preorder, you can pick up the game early Tuesday morning and when your online order comes take that sealed game and return it using your Tuesday morning receipt. So you get the benefit of the cheap online price and you get to the play the game as soon as its released.

[quote name='Nugzy']Just a heads up: If you wanna get the game ASAP on Monday night/Tuesday morning but still keep your online preorder, you can pick up the game early Tuesday morning and when your online order comes take that sealed game and return it using your Tuesday morning receipt. So you get the benefit of the cheap online price and you get to the play the game as soon as its released.[/quote]

Wow, that is pretty clever! Thanks. If I get the urge to play thte game, I'll do that.

fine print: in store 10/2 by 5pm

but i would bet sometime between 11am and 2pm would be when it comes in, just gonna have to call your local toys r us

thanks frotchy... that's next Tuesday, the $5 off $25 coupon is still good, so if the 10% scratchy card works on top of that, it will be $27 not including tax, not bad for the game and guide.

[quote name='Nugzy']Just a heads up: If you wanna get the game ASAP on Monday night/Tuesday morning but still keep your online preorder, you can pick up the game early Tuesday morning and when your online order comes take that sealed game and return it using your Tuesday morning receipt. So you get the benefit of the cheap online price and you get to the play the game as soon as its released.[/quote]Assuming they don't charge you for any bonus items that come with the game, and deduct those costs from the cost of your game. This especially applies for the TRU "free guide with purchase" promotion.

Check your receipt to see for certain.

[quote name='Serpentor']thanks frotchy... that's next Tuesday, the $5 off $25 coupon is still good, so if the 10% scratchy card works on top of that, it will be $27 not including tax, not bad for the game and guide.[/QUOTE]

What TRU coupon are you referring to? All the ones I can find are EXPIRED.

[quote name='shrike4242']Assuming they don't charge you for any bonus items that come with the game, and deduct those costs from the cost of your game. This especially applies for the TRU "free guide with purchase" promotion.

Check your receipt to see for certain.[/quote]

I think he means return it to the original store that you bought the first copy at.

What I've read on the net at different sites is that the hourglass is sent to the media getting review copies of the game. This isn't a pre-order goody.

[quote name='62t']looks like best buy has the best bonus now
phglass_2.jpg
[/quote]

That would kick so much ass but there was no mention of it on the weekly ad threads so I'm not keeping my hopes up.

[quote name='GT']What TRU coupon are you referring to? All the ones I can find are EXPIRED.[/quote]

The b'day ones that i got from the mail.

I'm going to have to seriously weigh these pre-order options.

By the way, does anyone know if the free styluses for registering BA2 is still going on?

bread's done
Back