Summer Plans?

[quote name='depascal22']Sounds like some NASA type shit. Just make sure you don't tell the computer to play Thermonuclear Global War.[/quote]

lmao.

- spending 8 weeks in Sydney starting May 26th
- riding my motorcycle when I get back
- moving into a new apartment August 1st
- working on my tan
- finishing my embarrassing backlog of 360 games
- un-singling myself :lol:

[quote name='HotShotX']Researching the behavior of liquids in zero gravity, and developing a computational fluid dynamics model capable of predicting this behavior over a wide variety of fuel tank sizes, geometries, and baffle configurations.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Sweet.

[quote name='urzishra14']

Flogging Molly July 19th
Less Than Jake/Goldfinger July 21st
[/quote]
Nice! I'm going to these same concerts! Did you see Flogging molly when they were at the U of U a few years ago? That was one of the best concerts I have ever been to!:applause:

In between fresh/soph years of college and choosing between menial easy to get to jobs that pay well, and not so well paying jobs that are a commute but give me experience and a resume builder.
Also, GTA4

I'm going to China for like 10 days (before Olympics). After that I begin my internship at Standard and Poors. Meanwhile I'll be seeing Kanye West's concert and DJ Tiesto's concert (yay for him touring America). And then I return in August for Sophomore year of ugrad.

- Take some time off work.
- Going to to Japan and Philippines for a few weeks.
- San Diego Comic Con International
- Anime Expo
- Padres Games
- EVOLUTION 2008 in Las Vegas, NV

1. Continue working at my shitty job for the "experience"
2. Move into a new place
3. Get a new job that will use more of my brain
4. Vegas in August to lose my brain.

Taking some classes I need in order to graduate on time, and working on my senior game project. Also have a gym membership now, so I'm working to get in better shape.

Besides the normal work and little league stuff.
August will be fun
Aug 1 - DMB @ Slugger Field (Willie Nelson opening....interesting)
Aug 8 - Family Reunion
Aug 30 - Yanks vs. Jays (1st/last trip to the house that Ruth built)

I'm going to be ecstatic that I will not have to grade another paper for 11 weeks and I'm going to stay up until 2 or 3 every night catching up on videogaming, take my two kids to museums, White Sox games, etc...

See REM at the United Center, Go to a Sox/Cubs game at Wrigley and shout awful, terrible, frightening things to the Cubs and their pathetic fans...

and not think about school/work/teaching for three beautiful months.

- Two Summer Classes
- August Graduation
- Look for New Job or Hope a Position Opens Up at Diamond, so I can move up
- Re-Learn Guitar
- Otakon
- Virgin Festival with STP, NIN, and Kanye West
- Game

Taking the GREs on the 30th (140 fucking dollars man, 140. I could get rock band with that money).

And then I have 6-7 months to

1. Figure out what I'm doing with my life
2. Get a job/jobs that will get me some income for the next year and a half
3. Apply to some graduate schools
4. Get accepted to a graduate school

Hopefully that'll work out...I need to study for the GREs so I don't have to pay another fucking $140.

So when I'm not working on/worrying about all that shit I'll be playing video games and learning guitar.

[quote name='SpazX']
And then I have 6-7 months to

1. Figure out what I'm doing with my life
2. Get a job/jobs that will get me some income for the next year and a half
3. Apply to some graduate schools
4. Get accepted to a graduate school
[/QUOTE]I'm pretty much in the same situation, although I gotta decide between Grad School or Job.

Just accepted a job in the oil and gas industry, so I'll be moving for the second time in a year. I worked as a math teacher at a private high school for the last year--it was my first year of teaching.

After moving: work, golf, and prepare for the upcoming NFL season.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm pretty much in the same situation, although I gotta decide between Grad School or Job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm graduating next year and I need to decide if I want to get a Masters of Accounting degree (which is only a 1 year degree instead of 2 years for an MBA) or start working. Time moves by so fast, the time for my final decision will be here before I know it.

[quote name='Midnite']
- Otakon
[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend is on Otakon staff. I don't think I'll be going though because of my internship.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, I'm graduating next year and I need to decide if I want to get a Masters of Accounting degree (which is only a 1 year degree instead of 2 years for an MBA) or start working. Time moves by so fast, the time for my final decision will be here before I know it.

My boyfriend is on Otakon staff. I don't think I'll be going though because of my internship.[/quote]

Get the MBA. You'll have more options.

[quote name='depascal22']Get the MBA. You'll have more options.[/QUOTE]

Oh, for sure, but I would be getting an MBA AFTER working for several years. Isn't that preferred? No reason to not get both a MAcc and an MBA if that's the case.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm pretty much in the same situation, although I gotta decide between Grad School or Job.[/quote]

Yeah that was my dilemma before, but I think I'm pretty much settled on going to grad school. I mostly want to do research.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah that was my dilemma before, but I think I'm pretty much settled on going to grad school. I mostly want to do research.[/QUOTE]What's keeping me away from Grad School is having too little money and not really sure how I will pay for it (My Dad won't cover me this time). If I could become a Grad TA that would help. To an extent, I'm just tired of school after going for over 20 years.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, I'm graduating next year and I need to decide if I want to get a Masters of Accounting degree (which is only a 1 year degree instead of 2 years for an MBA) or start working. Time moves by so fast, the time for my final decision will be here before I know it.

My boyfriend is on Otakon staff. I don't think I'll be going though because of my internship.[/QUOTE]Yeah, time goes fast. I had no idea what I was going to do for Senior Design, and it came quicker than I expected. Eventually I found out what I wanted to do and eventually finished. I just graduated college and remember graduating H.S. 6 years ago.

bread's done
Back