Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/1/12 to 1/7/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy is throwing in $75 gift card with an Xbox 360 250 GB Kinect bundle. The Nyko Zoom drops to $19.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart knocks 20% off Sony Move accessories.

icontarget.gif
Target drops Kinect to $99.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us is holding a 20% off sale on all clearance video games and accessories and a 50% off sale on all video game storage items. Modern Warfare 3 is $44.99.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks,Gamer SDP - See post here

:360: Xbox 360 250GB Console w/Kinect + $75 gift card $399.99
:360: Kinect Sensor (with Kinect Adventures) $119.99
:360: Nyko Zoom $19.99
:360: 320GB Media HD (includes Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars) $129.99

:360: Jillian Fitness Adventures $19.99
:360: Motorsports Play For Real
:360: Kinect Sports Season Two $29.99
:360: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 $29.99
:360: UFC Trainer $29.99
:360: Zumba fitness $29.99
:360: Motorsports Adrenaline $39.99
:360: Rabbids Alive & Kicking $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Save 20% when buying 2+ pre-owned games
iconbestbuy.gif
50% extra trade-in credit when you trade in any game

GameStop (Ad)
Valid until 1/3

:360: Xbox 360 250GB console + $75 gift card $299.99
:360: Kinect $129.99
50% bonus trade-in credit when used toward used items
and more

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

Save 20% on Sony Move accessories. Prices shown after discount:
:ps3: Move Navigation controller $23.99
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter $31.99
:ps3: Move controller $39.99
:ps3: Playstation Move bundle (Deadmund's Quest & Sports Champions) $79.99

:wii: Just Dance Kids $19.99
:wii::360: Just Dance Kids 2 $19.99
:wii: The Smurfs Dance Party $19.99

:wii: ABBA You Can Dance $29.99
:wii: Just Dance $29.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $29.99
:wii::360: Michael Jackson The Experience $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness $29.99
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29.99
:wii::360: Just Dance 3 $29.99

:wii::360: The Black Eyed Peas Experience $39.99
:360: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 $39.99
:360: Jillian Michaels Fitness Adventure $39.99

:wii: Wii Fit Plus $84.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Kinect sensor $99

:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $29
:360::wii: Just Dance 3 $29
:wii: Zumba Fitness 2 $29

:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe $39
:360: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012 $39

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $49
:360::ps3: WWE 12 $49

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
20% off all clearance video games and accessories.
icontoysrus_r1.gif
50% off all video game storage.
icontoysrus_r1.gif
All Skylanders figures: buy 2 for $15.

:3ds: Buy a 3DS for $169.99, get a DS Element Game Tray and a $10 Toys R Us gift card for free.

"Save up to $20 on these games, offer valid on :360::ps3::wii:"
:360::wii: Minute To Win It $19.99
:ps3::wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Cars 2 $19.99
:360::ps3::wii: Disney Universe $29.99
:360::ps3::wii: Modern Warfare 3 $44.99
:360::ps3: Saint's Row: The Third $49.99
:360::ps3: WWE 12 $49.99
:360::ps3::wii: Skylanders Starter Pack $54.99

:ds: Wappydog with toy dog $29.99

:wii: Lego Play & Build Remote $19.99
:360::ps3: Air Flo wired controller $24.99
:wii: Power A Pro Pack Mini $24.99
:360: Batarang wired controller $34.99
:ps3: Batarang wireless controller $34.99
:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 gaming headset $39.99
:ps3::pc: Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 gaming headset $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']:lol:

This made me think of a storage center I drove by a few days ago...
1zqehpk.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:lol:When I was a youngin we used to re-arrange the letters on the one sign in front of a restaurant around here every night. Eventually they put wire over top of the sign on both sides so we couldn't mess with it anymore.:cry:

Anyway, I tried my luck with the $20 off headset coupon. As expected, it didn't work, but I kept insisting that the @Gamer coupon should stack since it's supposed to stack with sale prices and so on and so forth. They tried telling me it was a limited quantity sale and as such excluded, but I insisted again very politely and they brought over a second manager who approved it. He marked it $.01 and the cashier paid it from change on the top of the register. I also picked up :ps3:Medal Of Honor for $5 in a seperate transaction.

I also used up my B2G1 pre-owned coupon from the @Gamer welcome package(which did scan in, even though it expired yesterday). However, it gave me the 20% off when buying 2 or more games AND my 10% for Gamer's Club Unlocked but NO B2G1.

From that I ended up grabbing:

:ps3:Rage-$44.99, discounted down to $27.99
:ps2:Mortal Kombat Deception(wanna play the story mode on this again)-$7.99, discounted to $5.59
:ps2:Tetris Worlds-$7.99, discounted down to $5.59 as well

[quote name='squijee']Play it for a bit see if you like it first[/QUOTE]
I second this

LA Noire is kind of a love it or hate it game.

I personally loved it, but I know plenty of people who didn't like it at all.

In my county retail stores like best buy are closed on sundays. So I went to the only bestbuy near me to see if I could get la noire.

Called the store before I went to check that they had it for ps3, and the girl said yes, we have it.

I go to the games section, to a register with a big "trade in your games" sign behind it, and when I tell the girl working there that I want to trade in 2 games and get la noire, she gets extremely confused.

She said "we don't have that game" and she also could not understand what I meant when I said that I wanted to trade in two of my games. She didn't understand that I didnt buy them at bestbuy, and she thought I wanted to exchange them or return them. (it's great that the employee in the video game section doesn't understand the store's trade in policy)

So I waited around to ask someone else, and said the same thing to a guy. He said, "sure, come over here to the register and we'll do the trade in". I ask him again about la noire, and he says "we have 2 copies in our system, but we don't know where they are. No one can find them in the warehouse or this section"

I just gave up and left. Some employee probably hid the games so he could buy them at closing. What a waste of gas.

Now here's my question. LA Noire was only $10 on 1.1.2012. But if the stores in my county aren't open on Sundays, does the deal carry over and is available tomorrow on Monday??

[quote name='b1rdman']Now here's my question. LA Noire was only $10 on 1.1.2012. But if the stores in my county aren't open on Sundays, does the deal carry over and is available tomorrow on Monday??[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately this deal is for today only. :whistle2:(

That's what I figured. I'm just annoyed because I wasted time and gas for nothing, and had to deal with idiots working at the store too.

Life goes on though, I won't die if I don't get la noire right now.

Thanks for posting the link I didn't get the ad in the paper today.
I'm really annoyed at TRU for not letting me use my R Us $ on anything videogames related. I bought a 3DS, Kirby, Top Shot Arcade and 2 copies of Rumble Blast and earned $27, $15 for the first 2 weeks and $12 the next 2. The other coupons for spending over $200 aren't at all interesting, diapers and dolls. I still have a $25 Gc for SM3DL but not sure what I'll do with the rest, maybe AA batteries.

Can anyone confirm this for me. I bought the headset today and was trying to connect it to my PS3. I wanted to walk around the house and play music. Is this headset able to do that or does it only do gaming chat? If not is there any headsets that will at a reasonable price that someone can suggest.

[quote name='Mike360']What kind of area do businesses close on Sunday? I thought only Chick-fil-A did that.[/QUOTE]

local laws. it's fairly common.

Chickfila closes for religious reasons. I hate when I can't get my chickfila fix on a Sunday.

[quote name='confoosious']local laws. it's fairly common.

Chickfila closes for religious reasons. I hate when I can't get my chickfila fix on a Sunday.[/QUOTE]

lol these chickfila receipts crack me up, and im asian. i don'tlike it when they're closed on sunday either.
back on topic, im about to head to best buy, anyone need a copy of la noire?

46830cf92f2de545314976378715337d.jpg

Ugh. Got denied on the headset for free. Tried to tell them coupons stack, told them.the BBY forums say they stack and they still refused. They tried to tell me the coupon wasn't for the $10 headset. But whatever I only tried cause I was in there flipping games, so I still win.

Picked up UFC Trainer my local store. It wouldnt let me order it last night cor some reason but it seems i can now. Oh well been looking to pick this up so im glad it went on sale.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol these chickfila receipts crack me up, and im asian. i don'tlike it when they're closed on sunday either.
back on topic, im about to head to best buy, anyone need a copy of la noire?

46830cf92f2de545314976378715337d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I do! Can u please pick one up for me?? I want the ps3 version. Thanks

They had a ton of the $10 headset at my Murfreesboro TN store. Several LA "Snore" also.
I bought 2 of the headsets and Gears 3 with the $20 coupon. $39 out the door. Great deal if the headsets don't suck.

Question. If I don't like the head set does Games Stop take trade in on them?

yeah I went to walmart to price match LA Noire and went to best buy for the headset went to the game section girl says If they are not on the table they are out. I walked over to the cellphone section and asked if they had anyone and guy said sure let me go get that for you. I told him the game section was out he was like O and goes to the counter and finds one and tells me it's the last one.

[quote name='waltercartman']Went to walmart and they price matched. Oh and It was the complete collection :)[/QUOTE]

Same here! I had to argue a little but the manager agreed with me!

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']Same here! I had to argue a little but the manager agreed with me![/QUOTE]

you argued that the complete edition was the same as the regular edition? congrats on starting the year off douchey.

Just visited 2 stores and both had Rayman Origins for $35 as a temporary price cut. Maybe that helps someone? Also Lego Pirates of the Carribean for $19.99

I guess people are getting incompetent Walmart managers to ok the PM. the BB ad doesn't mention Complete Edition (obviously) and also has the regular $39.99 price.

with that said can anyone get me a sealed complete edition (any ver) for under $20 shipped ;)

[quote name='confoosious']you argued that the complete edition was the same as the regular edition? congrats on starting the year off douchey.[/QUOTE]

Not my fault that the largest retailer in the world doesn't have the regular edition.

[quote name='confoosious']you argued that the complete edition was the same as the regular edition? Congrats on starting the year off douchey.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']Not my fault that the largest retailer in the world doesn't have the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

You're digging a hole.

rocketfish headphones arent really good. work at bestbuy....manager tells us to puch headphones cause of hight markup....quality similar to chinese no brand/bootleg found on ebay

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']Not my fault that the largest retailer in the world doesn't have the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Was it theirs? They weren't advertising to sell the regular edition. You should see what else you can price match at Walmart with ads for products they don't have in stock? Maybe find a gamestop ad for a PS2 and see if Walmart will give you a PS3 because they don't have PS2's in stock.

On an unrelated note, reading this thread has made me hungry for Chick Fil A. One's by us, have gone buy 1 get 1 free on the calendars. We bit, in fact, we now have 17 calendars. Seems a bit much, but the coupons never expire, and you can use 3 per person, so we'll be eating at Chick Fil A a lot on the cheap.

I'm actually excited to see the 50% off gaming storage.

I need a new ottoman, and I mise well get one that can hold my extra stuff in it with the trays

[quote name='lostfan']Was it theirs? They weren't advertising to sell the regular edition. You should see what else you can price match at Walmart with ads for products they don't have in stock? Maybe find a gamestop ad for a PS2 and see if Walmart will give you a PS3 because they don't have PS2's in stock.

On an unrelated note, reading this thread has made me hungry for Chick Fil A. One's by us, have gone buy 1 get 1 free on the calendars. We bit, in fact, we now have 17 calendars. Seems a bit much, but the coupons never expire, and you can use 3 per person, so we'll be eating at Chick Fil A a lot on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

Lucky sob. I got 2 $10 gift cards and calendar for Christmas, which is enough to last me...this week. And I have my receipts from last week's free receipt day. Man CFA is so amazing....

On a slightly more on-topic note, an fyi- la noire complete edition won't recognize the vanilla's saves. Found that out the hard way when BB ran it for $20. :cry:

[quote name='javaid64']rocketfish headphones arent really good. work at bestbuy....manager tells us to puch headphones cause of hight markup....quality similar to chinese no brand/bootleg found on ebay[/QUOTE]

for those that don't know, Rocketfish is Best Buy's brand...which is why they advertise a lot of their Rocketfish products as "exclusively" at Best Buy. Not knocking it or promoting it, just saying.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Yep, just went today to pick up the game which they had plenty of in stock but yeah they were completely out of figures. They did have a couple of the Darklight Crypt sets though.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting cause both of the Toys R Us stores near me are cleaned out of Skylanders figures.

That is BS that they jacked up the price to $10 because at that price with the 2 for $15, you're only really saving $1 compared to BB/Wal-Mart/Target.

I'm still freaking elated that I got the Whirlwind figure from Target when I saw her cause I haven't seen it since.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That's interesting cause both of the Toys R Us stores near me are cleaned out of Skylanders figures.

That is BS that they jacked up the price to $10 because at that price with the 2 for $15, you're only really saving $1 compared to BB/Wal-Mart/Target.

I'm still freaking elated that I got the Whirlwind figure from Target when I saw her cause I haven't seen it since.[/QUOTE]

They also raised the price on the adventure sets also up to $24.99 when they're $19.99 everywhere else.

Thanks OP. I tried to buy that little "Game Depot" shelf for $7.50, but the estimated shipping price is $11.99, so I bought it from Amazon shipped for $12.00.

I've been using my ps3 a lot and it's been sounding like a jet engine. Lately I think it's been staying on the highest fan setting for too long for comfort. Hopefully this little shelf gets some air flowing underneath it.

Here's the product. Anyone own this already? The Amazon reviews seem pretty decent.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11768591

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I'm still freaking elated that I got the Whirlwind figure from Target when I saw her cause I haven't seen it since.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't done so already, humor yourself and check out how much Whirlwind is going for on eBay. You won't believe it. I was shocked to have found a Drill Sargent at WM last night. It must have been a return because the shelves were completely empty except for this lone figure. If only I could find Whirlwind under the same circumstance. I can't believe how ravished all the stores' Skylanders sections are.

Considering Target, WM, and Best Buy are all out of Skylanders figures at the moment, I suppose the 2 for $15 deal is worth it. My wife really wants Hex and I suppose I should get it to make up for not picking up Whirlwind the numerous times I had the chance before it got discontinued. She's never going to let me live that down.

[quote name='metallicoholic']If you haven't done so already, humor yourself and check out how much Whirlwind is going for on eBay. You won't believe it. I was shocked to have found a Drill Sargent at WM last night. It must have been a return because the shelves were completely empty except for this lone figure. If only I could find Whirlwind under the same circumstance. I can't believe how ravished all the stores' Skylanders sections are.

Considering Target, WM, and Best Buy are all out of Skylanders figures at the moment, I suppose the 2 for $15 deal is worth it. My wife really wants Hex and I suppose I should get it to make up for not picking up Whirlwind the numerous times I had the chance before it got discontinued. She's never going to let me live that down.[/QUOTE]
I am not sure they are discontinued permanently. I believe the retailer exclusives are timed and will eventually be released everywhere. I dont remember where I read that though so I could be completely wrong. I googled it and really can't find much info on it so maybe someone else here has a link or knows if that's true.

[quote name='metallicoholic']If you haven't done so already, humor yourself and check out how much Whirlwind is going for on eBay. You won't believe it. I was shocked to have found a Drill Sargent at WM last night. It must have been a return because the shelves were completely empty except for this lone figure. If only I could find Whirlwind under the same circumstance. I can't believe how ravished all the stores' Skylanders sections are.

Considering Target, WM, and Best Buy are all out of Skylanders figures at the moment, I suppose the 2 for $15 deal is worth it. My wife really wants Hex and I suppose I should get it to make up for not picking up Whirlwind the numerous times I had the chance before it got discontinued. She's never going to let me live that down.[/QUOTE]

I want to check this out. Sounds intriguing. I wish I would've known about these characters selling for so much. I would've made a killing by now.

That's the thing though. They have Skylanders in the ad at Toysrus but they don't have any in stock to sell you. I asked the guy when buying the game and he said they hadn't had stock in weeks. I checked the inventory of the 4 other stores within 50 miles and none of them had stock either.

And I really hope nobody pays these ebay prices for them because they have already said they will be re-releasing more of these. They didn't expect it to be as popular as it was so they didn't make as many.

[quote name='BFox549']I wish it were eligible for in-store pick up though.. maybe my TRU will price match online.....[/QUOTE]
They will. Just take the controller to the CS counter and tell them it's $25 on their website.

I went to get some Skylanders today at TRU and the signs posted in the electronics section said the figures were 2 for $10. Could this be a mistake in the ad or in the store? Unfortunately they only had one figure left so I couldn't purchase anything to be sure.

I wouldnt mind getting some figures since I have some GCs from their latest promos, last time I checked though they were wiped clean from Christmas. I suppose I could check again.

bread's done
Back