Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this confirmed to include PC games? Looking to get NFS MW PC tomorrow with some other games. Not interested if PC does not work.

[quote name='g13']Can anyone confirm that Dishonored is not sold in stores? That would ruin my b2g1.[/QUOTE]

I went yesterday to pick up dishonored, forza horizon, and NBA 2k13. My store had dishonored in stock but was out of forza.

[quote name='Chin35char']Thanks for the responses! 1 more, do you think Walmart will PM this deal?[/QUOTE]

Walmart doesn't price-match buy 2 get 1 free deals, or rather, they aren't supposed to.

But that's so YMMV (My store was doing it even though it was against company policy...then we abruptly stopped doing it.)

[quote name='DarkTower80']I went yesterday to pick up dishonored, forza horizon, and NBA 2k13. My store had dishonored in stock but was out of forza.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thank you.

Question. Do system bundles ever count towards the game count, especially BB. I plan on getting the ACIII PS3 bundle tomorrow and was wondering if I could PM this promo to pick up 2 games with it. I was wondering if it was even worth attempting as my local BB is pretty flexible when it comes to PMing

[quote name='Havok83']Question. Do system bundles ever count towards the game count, especially BB. I plan on getting the ACIII PS3 bundle tomorrow and was wondering if I could PM this promo to pick up 2 games with it. I was wondering if it was even worth attempting as my local BB is pretty flexible when it comes to PMing[/QUOTE]

I would say no way.

You are not purchasing a game, you are buying a bundle.
The game doesn't show up in the receipt.

[quote name='Zimmy']I would say no way.

You are not purchasing a game, you are buying a bundle.
The game doesn't show up in the receipt.[/QUOTE]
technically it comes up as Assassins Creed III bundle on the reciept. I figured it would be YMMV since it would require an override to get the PMing done anyway. I think I might attempt it tomorrow when I go in

I work at K-mart and i'm hopping all over this. $49.99 AC3, plus $10 game card, PLUS 5,000 SYWR points ($5) for spending over $50 in electronics, PLUS my employee discount. Its like getting the game new on release day for $32... how i think of it anyways. NOTE: (You CANT use that $10 game card or the points you get during the transaction on the game, but its still CAG-money in the bank).

[quote name='plutoknight']Walmart doesn't price-match buy 2 get 1 free deals, or rather, they aren't supposed to.

But that's so YMMV (My store was doing it even though it was against company policy...then we abruptly stopped doing it.)[/QUOTE]

Correct, Walmart doesn't price match any buy X get X free if there's no specific prices listed. :(

From http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee:

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given​

Just picked up this week's local K-Mart ad booklet and the fine print on the AC3 (and W13, NFS) says "Valid 11/04/12 thru 11/21/12. Emphasis added so be aware YMMV.

[quote name='spachi12']Just picked up this week's local K-Mart ad booklet and the fine print on the AC3 (and W13, NFS) says "Valid 11/04/12 thru 11/21/12. Emphasis added so be aware YMMV.[/QUOTE]

The coupon that you receive is valid from 11/4-11/21, not the deal itself.

I like Target, but man they have one of the worst sites ever to navigate through. It's hard to find what you are looking for shy of just searching for it solely.

Good deal though...I just bought AC3 through NewEgg and I wanted to get Forza Horizon...It's a shame that this isn't going on when Black Ops & Halo come out, but there is surely a reason for that.

[quote name='makenocent']btw, I also found a coupon on the target website that will sweeten your deal. You get a free 12 pack dr. pepper with purchase of AC3.

http://www.target.com/c/assassin-s-...382_null&lnk=AdSyndication_SearchResult_Left|

It's under the screenshots, click "get coupon". So cheers to whoever is picking up assassin's creed 3 tmr.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Free Dr. Pepper 12-pk Soda when you buy Assassin's Creed 3 PS3/Xbox 360 game with Target coupon.

http://coupons.target.com/electronics-coupons[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba'] I'm a pepper video[/QUOTE] Thanks again

Did anyone notice on the Dr Pepper coupons it shows the PS3 version for the 360 coupon and the 360 version for the PS3 coupon?

[quote name='Havok83']technically it comes up as Assassins Creed III bundle on the reciept. I figured it would be YMMV since it would require an override to get the PMing done anyway. I think I might attempt it tomorrow when I go in[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. Tons of people would be buying 2 bundles and getting 1 free.

[quote name='Faulkjr22']Just called BestBuy, and they said they would definitely be price matching this deal from Target. This was Erie, PA and of course, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. I can't get my BB to PM anything with a print ad in their hands (and would normally be valid under their PM corporate policy).

Does anyone know if Target has the God of War Saga + Dualshock 3 pack? I've only seen it on Amazon and Gamestop :( UGH this would be perfect if they did so I can get WWE 13+GoW

I notice for the Target B2G1 it says it must be different titles. Is that just 'store policy' or will the games not actually ring up the same?

I was planning on picking up ACIII, WWE13, and my friend wants a copy of WWE13 and will pay me for it. Will the register not let me do this? Or is it just I have to convince the cashier to sell me two?

Hmm, I have a question. I was looking to pick up WWE 13' and AC3 and another game of equal price. Would they allow me to return the other game I get unopened and exchange it for Halo 4 when it releases?

I just read their return policy and it seems like I can, but I'm not sure if it differs for B2g1 deals.

Are there any target employees in this thread?

I was wondering if Target was going to carry the following games in store:

Ragnarok Odyssey (Vita)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Vita)

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360)

I doubt they'll carry Ragnarok Odyssey but I don't see why they wouldn't carry NFS: MW (Vita) or Zone of the Enders. I just need to find this out so I know if I should cancel amazon and order with Newegg using the $10 off coupon or if Target is going to carry them I'll just get them there with the B2G1.

I called my store earlier and was on hold and then the electronics employee lied (I"m assuming) and said they don't know what new release games they have until they are on the floor (Tuesday).

[quote name='Cheako']Hmm, I have a question. I was looking to pick up WWE 13' and AC3 and another game of equal price. Would they allow me to return the other game I get unopened and exchange it for Halo 4 when it releases?

I just read their return policy and it seems like I can, but I'm not sure if it differs for B2g1 deals.[/QUOTE]
Sure but you'd have to fork an extra $20 for Halo. The game you try and exchange is only valued at $40

[quote name='Havok83']Sure but you'd have to fork an extra $20 for Halo. The game you try and exchange is only valued at $40[/QUOTE]

Well....shit!

Thanks for the quick response though.

[quote name='GBAstar']Are there any target employees in this thread?

[/QUOTE]

This, please. I'm wondering the same thing. I'm hoping to get the new Professor Layton, AC: Liberation, and NFS:MW but only the first two show up on the website.

Anyone able to get an order on Target.com for AC3? It says unavailable- is that because it's sold out online or because it's not 10/30?

Just curious.
M

[quote name='emperordahc']Correct, Walmart doesn't price match any buy X get X free if there's no specific prices listed. :(

From http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee:

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given​
[/QUOTE]

Definitely going to be a YMMV issue.

However, I'm still giving it a shot, ACIII and NFS:MW have prices listed in the ad and while WWE '13 might not I'll call them out on the "no price" BS when they know full well what the price is if they try it because the price can be determined. Other issue I know is going to be the fact that MW isn't shown with the other games on the front page so I got a feeling I'm going to have to work around that. Another issue is going to be that the ad also only shows the XB360 version of WWE '13 along with no price but that shouldn't matter because it can be treated as the "free game" so the price really shouldn't matter. I know what the policy says about "internet pricing" but I'm going to use WWE '13 and MW's pages on Target.com as reference (for WWE '13's price along with the PS3 version being in the deal along with MW2012) anyway if I have to argue.

If it all fails I'll just buy NFS:MW and then go to Target later and get the games and return that copy of NFS:MW. >_>

Either way I'll report back in about six hours.

[quote name='Zhane']I notice for the Target B2G1 it says it must be different titles. Is that just 'store policy' or will the games not actually ring up the same?

I was planning on picking up ACIII, WWE13, and my friend wants a copy of WWE13 and will pay me for it. Will the register not let me do this? Or is it just I have to convince the cashier to sell me two?[/QUOTE]
Was planning on buying 2 AC3's, hopefully I can still get away with it.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows, if I buy the Ultimate Action Bundle for PS3 (Binary Domain + Yakuza: Dead Souls) would it be consider as two games or just one game for the deal?

[quote name='GBAstar']it would definitely could as one game. One barcode = one game[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, That's makes sense. Thanks.

[quote name='jab1']anyone got tracking info with express shipping on their halo 4 order?[/QUOTE]

I didn't pay for express shipping but I had a tracking number for Halo 4 and Forza this morning. According to the target.com email, it was scheduled to be here by the 11/1. This afternoon, the UPS page says the package has been recalled by the shipper and it's headed back to them. So I guess I won't be getting to play Halo 4 a week early. Oh well. I am bummed that it delays the arrival of Forza though.

So I can go buy WWE 13 and two other $60 games and then turn around to CS and return the two other games and get $80 back, thus paying $40 for WWE, right?

[quote name='GBAstar']Are there any target employees in this thread?

Ragnarok Odyssey (Vita)

Zone of the Enders HD Collection (PS3/360)

I doubt they'll carry Ragnarok Odyssey but I don't see why they wouldn't carry NFS: MW (Vita) or Zone of the Enders. I just need to find this out so I know if I should cancel amazon and order with Newegg using the $10 off coupon or if Target is going to carry them I'll just get them there with the B2G1.

I called my store earlier and was on hold and then the electronics employee lied (I"m assuming) and said they don't know what new release games they have until they are on the floor (Tuesday).[/QUOTE]

The electronics employees usually wont know what they do and don't have in stock. Its the flow team (the people that works in the mornings) that knows what they have in stock. Being part of the flow team myself, I have yet to see any of the three games you pointed out. It could be a YMMV, but at my store, there are none. Which kind of sucks because I wanted to get the NFS game as part of the B2G1 deal. I noticed we had the AC3 limited edition for the PS3/360. Which I thought was weird.

Went in to Best Buy and they said they would price match Target's B2G1 as long as Target had it in stock. Going to call my Walmart and ask..

I have a couple targets in my area and the games I want are split up between two of them.(one has two games I want, the other has one) you guys think they'll Let me do a return and rebuy at the other store with the placeholder game I get at one store?

I'm sorry but I'm not very impressed with Target; it's dropped a few notches on my list of retailers of choice. I went to grab a few non gaming related items and asked two employees and both employees stated if the games aren't in the flyer then they aren't going to be stocking them (umm.. how about you stop being fucking lazy and giving me BS answers and ask someone who would know?). Hell another employee told me that between now and Christmas most games they'll be carrying are either Halloween on X-mas themed???

Either way they had a God awful selection right on par with Kmart and to make it worse they don't carry Doom 3: BFG edition for any system (PC/PS3/360). I mean even Kmart got stock of Doom 3. I also could find other games I was potentionally interested in (PES 2013; F1: 2012)

This B2G1 sale is a bust for me on the $39.99 games now that I can't find Doom 3 and doubt they'll be stocking Zone of the Enders and the third game I wanted (God of War Saga is completely out of stock at my local store).

I still might grab AC3 and two other $59.99 titles (or try squeaking in a second copy and see if they'll allow it) but I am really disappointed.

I'm going to try my best to get Best Buy or Walmart to match the B2G1; at least they make an effort to carry and stock games.

Uh online at target.com

the PS3 version of AC3 is a different cover and doesn't say exclusive content
the PS3 version of NFSMW is a different cover and has MOVE over and doesnt say limited edition...

Has anyone got these yet are they all the same?

I want quite a few titles but I'm weary of the inevitable "complete editions" that will come 9 months from now. Don't want to buy RE6 or Borderlands 2 because I know this is going to happen and I hate owning inferior versions of games.

Anyone think Darksiders 2 will release a GOTY version? Has THQ ever done that before?

[quote name='JoshTX']I want quite a few titles but I'm weary of the inevitable "complete editions" that will come 9 months from now. Don't want to buy RE6 or Borderlands 2 because I know this is going to happen and I hate owning inferior versions of games.

Anyone think Darksiders 2 will release a GOTY version? Has THQ ever done that before?[/QUOTE]
I think Homefront has a "complete" edition.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I think Homefront has a "complete" edition.[/QUOTE]

Saint's Row The Third is also getting a complete edition.

[quote name='DS9']Uh online at target.com

the PS3 version of AC3 is a different cover and doesn't say exclusive content
the PS3 version of NFSMW is a different cover and has MOVE over and doesnt say limited edition...

Has anyone got these yet are they all the same?[/QUOTE]

Covers are out of date, that's all. All stores are getting both. AC3 in the store ad shows the PS3 exclusive content.

And away I go in about 20 minutes.... Should be a fun 50+ mile round trip with winds gusting over 30MPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back