Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/28/12 to 11/3/12) Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Target

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy discounts the Nintendo 3DS by $10. The 100% bonus on trade-ins continues.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop offers the Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle for $49.99.

kmart.gif
Kmart advertises Assassins Creed 3 for $49.99 + $10 gaming coupon. WWE 13 and NFS: Most Wanted $59.99 both come with a $15 gaming coupon. SYWR members get a $5 reward card when they spend $50.

icontarget.gif
Target is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all games. The Wii Sports bundle drops to $119 and the Nintendo 3DS is $145.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us has no ad this week.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, coopscohen - See post here

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
:3ds: Nintendo 3DS $159.99 after $10 savings

GameStop (Ad)

Valid until 10/30

:360::ps3: Resident Evil: ORC $19.99
:360::ps3: Mass Effect 3 $19.99
:ps3::psp: Street Fighter x Tekken PS3/Vita bundle $49.99
:360: Witcher 2 $29.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition $19.99
:360::ps3: SSX $19.99
:360::ps3: Lollipop Chainsaw $19.99
:360::ps3: Batman AA GOTY $14.99
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham City GOTY $29.99
:ds: Lego Batman 2 $14.99
:360::ps3: 30% TIV Credit towards Assassins Creed 3

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, htz- See post here

iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassins Creed 3 $49.99 with $10 gaming coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
My Target was extremely picked through. Empty display slots everywhere. Luckily the clerk was friendly, had to go to the back of the store to find Uncharted 3 GOTY and Ratchet Collection.

Didn't see Ragnarok Odyssey.

Was able to get my local BB to pm Target's Buy 2 Get 1, got Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Assassin's Creed 3. Still able to get my $20 rz credit for AC3 this way too, win win.

Was also able to get my BB to PM. Got ACIII, Dishonored, and NFSMW, and I got to keep the $20RZ for ACIII. A great day all around.

Didn't want to mess with K-Mart since I don't think the $15 gaming certificate would work on MSP. Took a chance and took the ad to Best Buy since I had to pick up my Assassin's Creed 3 anyway. They took $10 off my Assassin's Creed preorder and gave me a $15 gift card with WWE 13'. Good deal, and I didn't walk out of the store smelling like cat pee like I do when shopping at K-Mart.

Just pm AC III at best buy with kmart ad.. they took 20$ off. Total was down to $39.99 without tax... used $20 cert and end up paying 16.36 =D

Not bad for release date purchased! Needed manager override by the way. :cool:

My Target was extremely busy, but I still managed to walk out with WWE 13, Assassin's Creed III, and Need for Speed: Most Wanted, plus a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper, for a grand total of $85 (had a gift card).

Awesome day! Price matched assassins creed 3 at best buy at midnight with kmart and then at target as well with B2G1 (bought with dishonored and liberation) woo

Thinking about having Best Buy match. I see in this week's BB ad that WWE 13 comes with a free WWE DVD...I wonder if they will deny the DVD if they match Target? Will the price of the DVD be automatically deducted by their system?

I would love to get a Vita trio with the Target deal.... AC:Liberation, NFS:MW, and Ragnarok Odyssey. Apparently, RO isn't at any targets though :(

Don't know what to get...

"Need For Speed: Most Wanted" just came out, but all the NFS games released at this time as far back as I can remember are cheaper and always $29.99 just 2 weeks later around Black Friday.

"Assassin's Creed III" is going to cost me more money since Ubisoft is now implementing in game currency as their currency for you to purchase, ugh. Plus all those pre order DLC spread across 5 retailers with little or no chance of being available in the marketplace (Ubisoft's track record) makes this an incomplete game. Wii U details still coming.

Ugh... may just end up saving my money for now.

[quote name='Deathdenial']Just pm AC III at best buy with kmart ad.. they took 20$ off. Total was down to $39.99 without tax... used $20 cert and end up paying 16.36 =D

Not bad for release date purchased! Needed manager override by the way. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I worked this sort of deal for FIFA with a TRU GC ad. Hope I can get it again, but this post is giving me hope!

[quote name='lakers2008']what are the odds all the 4 targets around me sell out of AC3 and WWE 13 before 5pm? Is target holding down the only 1 same title limit???[/QUOTE]

Let me get my crystal ball...

Couple people have said they got more than 1 copy. Probably YMMV.

Is the ACIII sku the same for all stores? JW because the Wal-Mart copy has an "only at Wal-Mart" label on the boxart. Can anyone confirm?

PS3 VERSION: 008888377238

Waiting for amazons buy2get1. There are actually 3 vita games i want, but target not selling zero escape in store. And online its not part of there deal. Why cant they just say every game $59.99 and under?

[quote name='JMD3']Is the ACIII sku the same for all stores? JW because the Wal-Mart copy has an "only at Wal-Mart" label on the boxart. Can anyone confirm?

PS3 VERSION: 008888377238[/QUOTE]

They're different. I have the Target version. Which is 008888387237.

There's an 8 and a 7 flipped around there.

Has anyone tried PMing the Target B2G1 at BB and then later returning two of the games unopened? I was thinking this might be a way to get AC:III for $39.99 since there aren't any K-Marts in the Dallas area to PM.

[quote name='foster_work']Has anyone tried PMing the Target B2G1 at BB and then later returning two of the games unopened? I was thinking this might be a way to get AC:III for $39.99 since there aren't any K-Marts in the Dallas area to PM.[/QUOTE]

They won't PM the deal so each ring up at $40. You'll pay full price for 2 and then get one free. Assuming you can even get them to PM it.

Man there's no Ragnarok anywhere to be found. Tried two targets, one Walmart and two bestbuys trying to pm this deal. Finally gave up on b2g1 and went to two gamestops to buy RO but neither of them had a copy in stock and the closest one that did was 70 miles away. Might just give up and download it off psn

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Man there's no Ragnarok anywhere to be found. Tried two targets, one Walmart and two bestbuys trying to pm this deal. Finally gave up on b2g1 and went to two gamestops to buy RO but neither of them had a copy in stock and the closest one that did was 70 miles away. Might just give up and download it off psn[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no one seems to carry this or Zero Escape. Just have to wait for Amazon.

What is Target's return policy on games? I thought it was 90 days but the Target employee told me 30 days. Did that change? I ended up buying 3 games and holding off on opening them in case they drop so I can do a price adjustment

BTW do WWE '13 and Need for Speed have different UPCs at different stores for the PS3?

[quote name='lakers2008']what are the odds all the 4 targets around me sell out of AC3 and WWE 13 before 5pm? Is target holding down the only 1 same title limit???[/QUOTE]

Target usually carries a minimum of 4 copies of each title. So I assume all the Targets you went to only had 4 copies. I assume its the Target employees that buys the games early when they are on their break. Also, there's a chance where Target employees also stash a copy or two in the back for their friends. I know somebody that offered to do this for me, but I refused as I want people to have a equal chance of getting one.

[quote name='merlin803']Thinking about having Best Buy match. I see in this week's BB ad that WWE 13 comes with a free WWE DVD...I wonder if they will deny the DVD if they match Target? Will the price of the DVD be automatically deducted by their system?[/QUOTE]

I got the PS3 version and it came with the DX bluray. I had to pull the blu off the shelf, they didn't have it up front or anything. When she scanned it and hit total, the price automatically changed to $0. Whether they deny the price match and bluray together is YMMV.

my target had over 50 AC3's the manager told me they have a lot in the back.
just because they only have a few on the shelf doesn't mean they don't have a lot in the back.

They also had 3 of the limited edition Assassin's Creed's out so I decided to see if the b2g1 free would work. I'm glad I waited to get it now instead of deciding to preorder it.

2lifw49.jpg

for those that PM to BB, how does it show up on the reciept? Lets say a better price comes within the next 30 days, would these be eligible for a price adjustment or not?

Was there at BB when they opened this morning to PM Kmart's deal on AC3. The manager (I'm guessing) was giving me a hard time over it, but I sweet-talked him into it. With the $5 reservation (I got for free), price went down to $35. ;)

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my target had over 50 AC3's the manager told me they have a lot in the back.
just because they only have a few on the shelf doesn't mean they don't have a lot in the back.

They also had 3 of the limited edition Assassin's Creed's out so I decided to see if the b2g1 free would work. I'm glad I waited to get it now instead of deciding to preorder it.

2lifw49.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice Grab.

My best buy doesn't get a lot of CE's (except for those that are tied to preorders) but they had dozens of the AC3 Limited Edition's and I'm guessing they'll go the way of the AC Bortherhood CE and be down to 33%+ off in no time.

My local Target didn't have anything in stock, but the Best Buy closest to it price matched me. I got AC3:L, NFS Vita, and ZoE HD Collection for $108.

YMMV, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I had bestbuy price match Target b2g1, I picked up professor layton 3DS, NFS MW (vita) and smart as... (Vita) I also got bestbuy to PM professor layton (3ds) from the Sears $20 deal, (with the b2g1) I traded sleeping dogs for $20 credit, so it ran me about $54 after my $20 credit from sleeping dogs. I also picked up assassins creed vita from Target (store credit).

Not only did BB match, they let me include Halo. AC3 & Need for Speed at $30 each, paid off preorder of Halo $60. There was a regular customer who heard my deal and got in on his version (AC3, WWE, Halo 4)

Target had a kiosk full of Assassin Creed 3 games in Austin Texas. Picked it up with Need for Speed and got Dance Central for the wife so she wouldnt complain.

Well just got back from best buy they would only pm the 49.99 on ac3, not the $10 gaming credit, and I got the strategy guide for $20.99 pm from amazon. Took for ever tho the one clerk after I got it pm couldn't ring that up with the pre order, then when they did he didn't do it right and missed my pre order bonus, so then I had to do it again to get the pre order bonus but all straightened out now. Great deal since I bought it all with gift cards from a good trade in deal anyway. Thanks CAG!!!
I might try after I get paid on friday to get 3 vita games pm for b2g1 free or just go to target first and save the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone actually found need for speed for the vita in stock at target? I don't see any stock number for it online and every store' is clueless

[quote name='mgford11']Has anyone actually found need for speed for the vita in stock at target? I don't see any stock number for it online and every store' is clueless[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw a few at my local Target (Sacramento).

I called my local BB they said they were not going to price match the b2g1. I'm still tempted to pick up ACIII but I don't really want/need any other games.

[quote name='blume3']I called my local BB they said they were not going to price match the b2g1. I'm still tempted to pick up ACIII but I don't really want/need any other games.[/QUOTE]

Can't you buy three games and return two of them for $40 each?

Just picked up AC3, Borderlands 2, and NFS: Most Wanted. I'm disappointed that Most Wanted on PS3 doesn't have cross buy with the Vita version, since it's supposedly the same game as the PS3 one, but oh well. Still a great haul. Just Halo 4 next week, and a handful of Vita games and I'll be set for the year. Oh and Black Ops 2 probably...

[quote name='mgford11']Has anyone actually found need for speed for the vita in stock at target? I don't see any stock number for it online and every store' is clueless[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this, too. Does anyone who bought NFS:MW for the Vita have the DCPI number? It would definitely make it easier for those of us who want it to track a copy down.

Just got Dishonored, RE6 and AC3 for PS3. Wasnt really wanting AC3, but i noticed after i bought the games.. Target receipt says refund value $40! So that's pretty sweet.. Taking it back this week.. So nice score for $80.

Today went smooth for me. Stopped by at 9:30 in the morning and picked up AC3, wwe 13, and Dishonored for $111.04 after tax, my employee discount, and Redcard. Also scored a free 12 pk of Cherry Dr Pepper with that AC3 coupon

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, I saw a few at my local Target (Sacramento).[/QUOTE]

Very curious where @. No dice in Roseville (both), Citrus Heights, and Lincoln. :(

[quote name='Dranakin']Yeah, no one seems to carry this or Zero Escape. Just have to wait for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I think GameStop is the only major retailer that carries Zero Escape in stores.

Shame about Ragnarok Odyssey- was really hoping I'd be able to get it with AC:L and NFS:MW for the B2G1 deal. Even if the deal worked online though, it still wouldn't work, because the Vita version of NFS is not listed on the website. What the frick Target?

[quote name='Havok83']What is Target's return policy on games? I thought it was 90 days but the Target employee told me 30 days. Did that change? I ended up buying 3 games and holding off on opening them in case they drop so I can do a price adjustment

BTW do WWE '13 and Need for Speed have different UPCs at different stores for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

90, otherwise it's 15 days for gaming hardware

[quote name='bmachine']I was wondering about this, too. Does anyone who bought NFS:MW for the Vita have the DCPI number? It would definitely make it easier for those of us who want it to track a copy down.[/QUOTE]

I found it at my target.. it wasn't with the "popular" games like AC Vita and the newer ones, it was with the discount vita titles.

I purchased AC vita, need for speed:MW vita and professor layton miracle mask 3ds.

Is the DCPI number the number on the receipt? If so it is either: 207200760 or 20700707 one is AC vita the other NFSMW vita

I think it's 207200760

[quote name='mgford11']Very curious where @. No dice in Roseville (both), Citrus Heights, and Lincoln. :([/QUOTE]

Haha, didn't realize you're in the area. I saw about six copies earlier today at the Natomas store.

are the UPC codes the same? was planning on seeing if games I got go cheaper on black friday that way I can buy them at amazon or best buy and return them to target and get back my $130? I get to enjoy the games now and if games are cheaper I return them to target and save 20-30 bucks. Will that work or will Target not recognize them as their own games???

[quote name='Dranakin']Haha, didn't realize you're in the area. I saw about six copies earlier today at the Natomas store.[/QUOTE]

I'll hit it up in the am hopefully. Thanks!

[quote name='CaoPi']90, otherwise it's 15 days for gaming hardware[/QUOTE]

It is 30 days for video game hardware.

According to the Target return policy:
The following items must be returned within 30 days: netbooks, laptops, eReaders, tablets, cameras, camcorders, digital audio players, GPS systems, video game hardware, personal DVD players, and no-contract cell phones.

bread's done
Back