Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/6 - 10/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy knocks off $50 when purchasing both the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition & Beyond Two Souls.

18_t.gif
GameStop discounts Rayman Legends, MLB 2k3, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist by $20.

kmart.gif
Kmart lists The Last of Us and NCAA 14 at $39.99 each.

icontarget.gif
Target includes a $10 gift card with the purchase of Just Dance 2014 and a 8.75-9.75 oz bag of Cheetos.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us promotes Disney Infinity Starter Packs for $59.99 seach, a buy 1, get 1 40% off sale on all 3DS and Wii U games. Save $10 on 1, or $40 on two of these titles: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NHL 14, NCAA Football 14.

The rest of the deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post

:ps3: Save $50 when Purchasing both Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition & Beyond Two Souls

:ps3: Save $10 off 12 Month PS+ subscription with purchase of Bundle*

:ps3: Dualshock 3 wireless controllers $44.99 each, choose from Black, Red or Urban Camo

:360: :ps3: Madden 25 $49.99

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row IV $44.99

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix $34.99

:360: :ps3: Dead Pool $29.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Trade in 3 or more select titles, receive $10 bonus credit, over 1,000 titles*

GameStop (Ad)
Ends 10/8
18_t.gif
$20 off Rayman Legends, MLB 2k3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist
:360: XBox 360 E 250 GB system $250
:wii: :ds: Used Wii or DS Lite $49.99 each

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, MasterX - See original post

:ds: Nintendo 2DS $129.99 (Out 10/12)
:ps3: Last of Us $39.99
:360: :ps3: NCAA 14 $39.99
:ps3: Ps3 12gig $199.99
:ps3: PS3 Controller $44.99
Turtle Beach PLa set $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, chatgirl4 - See original post
:360: :ps3: :wiiu: $10 Target Gift Card with purchase of Just Dance 2014 $39.99/$49.99 + bag of Cheetos 8.75-9.75 oz

:360: :ps3: :pc: Far Cry 3  $19.99

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache @ BR.com

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, FrontBurnrhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=359308 & hiamiyumi - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
DISNEY INFINITY Starter Pack $59.99 (Save $15)

:3ds:wiiu: Buy 1 Get 1 40%OFF Any 3DS or Wii U game

:360:ps3: SAVE $10 on ONE,SAVE $40 on TWO ($59.99 each):

• MADDEN NFL 25
  • FIFA 14
  • NHL 14
  • NCAA FOOTBALL 14

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want Pokemon digitally for the convenience but this is tempting.
I'm in the same boat. I'm not a huge fan of digital downloads, but with games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing it just makes sense for convenience.

Also, ugh, I've waited weeks just to get the physical copy of WWHD...now there's this deal tempting me to wait another week. Dang it.

I'm buying my son Y for his birthday. as much as I want this I want that timeline poster from GameStop. I'm sucker for time line posters :(
Maybe you can buy from both places then return the ones from Gamestop after 2-3 days? I doubt they'd ask for your poster back since I'd imagine they'll just hand out posters without scanning them in. At least, that's what I'm gonna try to do :X.

Haha thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to give this a try. Whats the worse that could happen.. The manager might say wait a minute and cancel the promo stack. Win or lose its definitely worth a shot.

PM'ing may work. Generally Best Buy's POS will look for two SKU's and apply a package promo after the CSR totals out the transaction, which is why it was possible to PM games to Amazon and still receive a $50 GC during the "Buy Two Qualifying Games, Receive $50 GC" promo a few months back.

Since this is a discount rather than a GC offer, it may work differently. But it's worth trying. Definitely YMMV since manager not be willing to PM and let the promo stack.

[I recommend PM'ing the Elites first and hoping the manager walks off after approving override, doesn't see the promos stack. In my experience, CSR's usually don't care and just say "wow, what a deal!" while managers get all huffy about double dipping.]

But Mega fucking Charizard X>Tri-wing falcon/hawk/birdthing > rainbow-antlered deer.

You will never win this battle my friend.
*buys both*

I win.

You can trade the Mega Charizard X item over to Y and have it there, though. Easier than catching a legendary.

Yeah, I kind of agree. Was really hyped, especially after last years awesome deal. I love those coins and have them sitting next to my Ruby's Groudon coin

Then again unless someone else announces something last minute, only other deal we got is Gamestop's posters lol. So I can't complain
I think we can blame GS' rash of taking exclusives from Nintendo. Those things seem to only go to one store at a time.

No, if you preorder and pick up with the card you get 5$ gift card plus 55 off with target red card.
Do you know if there's any chance I could pick up Pokemon X even though I pre-ordered Pokemon Y? I kinda just pre-ordered, a few months back, without thinking about it and now I rather have X.

Anyone here play the games without abusing action replay? Trying to find friends to trade and battle with who don't cheat their way to perfection then use smogon cookie cutter movesets.

While I absolutely would much rather have the X Charizard, the X and Y variants actually have different stats and abilities and I would rather have Y for the stats but X looks so good...

Got 32 bucks on Pokemon X and 5 on Pokemon Y at GS. Guess I have til next Saturday to figure out if I want to stick with Gamestop or if I want to pick up Pokemon Y and Wonderful 101 at TRU.

Anyone here play the games without abusing action replay? Trying to find friends to trade and battle with who don't cheat their way to perfection then use smogon cookie cutter movesets.
I always do, cheating ruins the fun, along with playing with the exact team everyone else uses.

On Soul Silver I had about 15 fully ev trained Pokemon that I interchanged.

So does TRU do in-store preorders? How much do you have to put down? Can you pre-order for in-store online? Or should I just head on down there on Saturday if I want a copy of both Pokemon X and Y?

I had been planning on picking up a copy of Wind Waker anyway. And I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal on Fire Emblem: Awakening. My brother loves the Fire Emblem series and his birthday is right around the corner. Fire Emblem almost never goes on sale, the lowest I've seen it since launch is $30. I'm thinking I'll take advantage of this sale to pick up Wind Waker and get a discounted Fire Emblem as a bonus.

I might come back later in the week to pick up a copy of Pokemon as well. There are plenty of holes in my 3DS collection that could use filling.

Nintendo 2DS $129.99 (Out 10/12)
Last of Us $39.99
NCAA 14 $39.99
Ps3 12gig $199.99
Beyond Two Souls $59.99
PS3 Controller $44.99
Turtle Beach PLa set $29.99
Just Dance 2014 $39.99

So does TRU do in-store preorders? How much do you have to put down? Can you pre-order for in-store online? Or should I just head on down there on Saturday if I want a copy of both Pokemon X and Y?
You should definitely pre order. It only costs $1. Will post more details about pre order bonus in the main tru thread later.

Last of Us for $40....hmmm, I think I may have to bite.  Been narrowly avoiding spoilers for months, don't want to risk it much longer.

Does best buy price match the b1g1 40% off? I want to grab Pokemon X and Y but the closest ToyRus is a good 30 min drive >.

Does best buy price match the b1g1 40% off? I want to grab Pokemon X and Y but the closest ToyRus is a good 30 min drive >.<.

Thanks!
stores usually only price match. Sales like this and bonuses like giftcards usually aren't acknowledged. Its that YMMV crap. I live in NY so YMMV doesn't seem to exist here. But if you're at a BESTBUY in like.. Nebraska.. they'll probably match the promotion.. usually if the person behind the counter is a total idiot.

Can I get this offer online for Pokemon X and Y? I have a preorder at Newegg when they had the 33$ price, but I heard that their shipping takes forever. 

stores usually only price match. Sales like this and bonuses like giftcards usually aren't acknowledged. Its that YMMV crap. I live in NY so YMMV doesn't seem to exist here. But if you're at a BESTBUY in like.. Nebraska.. they'll probably match the promotion.. usually if the person behind the counter is a total idiot.
glad I'm not from Nebraska after that comment

One more deal in the ad not mentioned here:

Buy Just Dance 2014, get any video game priced at $19.99 or under for free.

Nitpick: Just Dance 2014 for $39.99 is the Wii version in the ad. WillU version will be $49.99, while the rest will be $39.99

Question, if I buy 4 games(Wonderful 101, scribblenauts DC Comics, Zelda Wind Maker, and Mario Dream team..would I be saving 40 percent on two games since I am buying them all together or would I have to buy them separately to see the savings?

Was going to get Wonderful 101 and Pokemon Y, but if my math is right it'll come out to about 89.62 after tax.  OR I could order them off Amazon w/ no tax and free shipping for 89.86...  Gonna cost more than 20 cents to drive out to a TRU.

Much better deal if you have 2 identically priced items and/or you want to mix but are in a state Amazon taxes.

Remember when people online threw around insults online that always dealt with another person being overweight and marathon snacking on cheetos? That was like.. man.. early 2000s

Remember when people online threw around insults online that always dealt with another person being overweight and marathon snacking on cheetos? That was like.. man.. early 2000s
Tubby hungry!

Nowadays, it just has to do with saying sexist/racist stuff or hooking up with victim's mom. So much better. LOL

I might go to Toys R Us and see If I can find someone else to go half and half on an order. Its either that or im pay full price regardless.

Guys this might be weird but I need some advice... Should I get Wonderful 101 and Pokemon x or just get Pokemon from Walmart with a $5 gift card? I ask because Wonderful is the only other game I would want and I've heard platinum games always plummet in price. Are there any other great 3ds/Wii U games I should look at or just go with the Walmart deal?
Platinum games do usually go down in price, however, Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo published game. So you may not see a reduced msrp for a few years.

wonderful 101 is a great game. Got it when targets b2g1 free deal happened last week. Think I'm going for pikman 3 and zombie u this week

Platinum games do usually go down in price, however, Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo published game. So you may not see a reduced msrp for a few years.
lol...unless it tanks. Regardless of who publishes it, if it's an utter failure, it will be reduced in price (e.g. see Fortune Street). Msrp may remain the same, but retailers/distributors will use their discretion to sell what they have.

I went into my toys r us today and tried to pre order pokemon and they told me they werent doing pre orders... Has anyone else actually been able to pre order in a store?

I went into my toys r us today and tried to pre order pokemon and they told me they werent doing pre orders... Has anyone else actually been able to pre order in a store?
Yes, it was $1 per reserve and at the bottom of the preorder card on the backside is the fine print for the coupon offer. The cards were located next to the register.

I really want to see Toys R' Us ad for the following week. I think we could see X and Y deals next sunday. A lot of the stock will sell on saturday but I wouldnt be shocked if the deals are coming the next day. I think ill wait a day if I can get it $5 cheaper.

I really want to see Toys R' Us ad for the following week. I think we could see X and Y deals next sunday. A lot of the stock will sell on saturday but I wouldnt be shocked if the deals are coming the next day. I think ill wait a day if I can get it $5 cheaper.
Not a chance--prim4444 (who's working with Josh/FrontBurnr) already revealed the following week's deal: B1G1 40% off on all games plus some Skylanders deal, so there's no positive side to waiting another day.

bread's done
Back