Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (4/19/09-4/25/09)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Guitar Hero deals aplenty this week as Best Buy throws in a free Guitar Hero: Aerosmith game with Guitar Hero: Metallica and knocks $25 off Les Paul (360/PS3/Wii) and Kramer wireless guitars.

Toys R Us drops both DS Guitar Hero Bundles (On Tour & Decades) to $20 and has World Tour Guitar Bundles (PS3/360/Wii) for just $50. Those looking for a kinder, gentler music game can save $10 on Major Minor's Majestic March and Wii Music.

Lastly, Target kicks off a new pre-order program that nets you a $5 gift card when pre-order (and purchase) select games for $1.

Read on for the rest of this week's Sunday ad deals.[/preview]

I've stripped out all the MSRP items and have listed the most noteworthy items in bold.

Best Buy
(Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal- See MidnightMetal's post here

:360: Halo Wars $49.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $49.99
:360: Fable II $49.99
:360: Fallout 3 $49.99

:wii: Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar $9.99

:ps3: Fallout 3 $49.99

:psp: Resistance Retribution $29.99
:psp: Call of Duty: Roads to Victory $19.99
:psp: Scrabble $19.99
:psp: Rocketfish Starter Kit $19.99

iconbestbuy.gif
Free Guitar Hero: Aerosmith software with purchase of ANY platform of Guitar Hero: Metallica
iconbestbuy.gif
Les Paul Controller (360/PS3/Wii) $24.99
:ps2: Kramer Striker Controller $14.99
iconbestbuy.gif
Rock Band 2 (PS3/360) $49.99
iconbestbuy.gif
Rock Band 2 (Wii/PS2) $39.99

:pc: WoW Wrath of the Lich King $29.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, jp0213 - Prices valid 4/17-4/23

Trade-in offers
icontrade.gif
Save $70 with trade-in of a DS Lite toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi
icontrade.gif
Save $50 with trade-in of an Original DS toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi
icontrade.gif
Save $20 with trade-in of a GBA SP toward the purchase of a new Nintendo DSi

Price drops/promotions:
icongs_r1.gif
Game Days Sale continues

icongs_r1.gif
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY (PS3/360) $49.99
icongs_r1.gif
Lego Indiana Jones (360/PC/Wii/DS/PS2/PSP/PS3) $19.99
icongs_r1.gif
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (360/Wii/PS3) $169.99
:360: Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust $19.99
:ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit $159.99
:ds: Get $20 off new GTA: Chinatown Wars with your purchase of a Nintendo DSi

Used deals of the week:
:360: Timeshift $9.99
:ps2: Need for Speed: Underground 2 $4.99
:xbox: The Godfather $4.99

Pre-order bonuses:
icongs_r1.gif
Pre-order UFC Undisputed 2009 and receive a free Demo.
Pick up at time of reservation, while supplies last.
icongs_r1.gif
Pre-order Batman: Arkham Asylum and receive an exclusive in-game villain and challenge map.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Morgus- See Morgus's ad post here

icontarget.gif
New pre-order program:
Receive a $5 gift card when pre-order and purchase select games for $1. Current eligible titles include:
Punch-Out!, EA Sports Active, UFC 2009, inFamous, Ghostbusters, Batman Arkham Asylum, Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Petz Fashion Dogz & Catz

icontarget.gif
Buy 1, get 1 50% off:
Shaun White Snowboarding (PS3/360) $39.99
Star Wars: Force Unleashed (PS3/360) $59.99
Prince of Persia (PS3/360) $59.99

:wii: Hanna Montana $39.99
:ds: Hanna Montana $19.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, life.exe - See life.exe 's ad post here

:wii: Major Minor's Majestic March $29.99
:wii: Wii Music $39.99
:wii: Animal Crossing: City Folk $39.99

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii) $49.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $149.99 (PS2) $129.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Guitar Hero: World Tour Wireless Drum Kit Controller (PS3/360/Wii) $69.99

:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades Bundle $19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour Bundle $19.99
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades $17.49
:ds: Guitar Hero: On Tour $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the deals. Looks like I'll grab Resistance this week, think that's about it since Amazon put a dent in my wallet already. :)

doesnt best buy give you a price diff and extra 10% or something?Cause I just bought guitar hero World tour guitar bundle for 100 like 2 weeks ago on ps3.Now its one sale for 85 this week at toysrus and will be 50 next week.Can I match both times or should I wait for the 50 diff?Much Thanks.

Couldnt you just buy a new bundle from Toys R Us, then return it to BestBuy with your BB receipt and get the money back?

[quote name='Got_Wii']Couldnt you just buy a new bundle from Toys R Us, then return it to BestBuy with your BB receipt and get the money back?[/quote]

Dang Best Buy only matches their prices.I think?But thats a good idea can I do that?Anybody that knows?Thanks.

I still have the $20 TRU gift card from RE5 burning a hole in my pocket (needs to be spent by the 30th too), so I may just have to pickup a GH:WT Guitar Bundle.

Reserve cards act as giftcards towards the game purchase, so the dollar you spend reserving isn't lost.

[quote name='Morgus']Reserve cards act as giftcards towards the game purchase, so the dollar you spend reserving isn't lost.[/quote]
I know that's how it's always worked before, but my god this ad is ambiguous. I'd probably ask at the store before buying anything just to be sure. Nothing in the ad I feel the need to preorder though.

[quote name='MXMayne']Dang Best Buy only matches their prices.I think?But thats a good idea can I do that?Anybody that knows?Thanks.[/QUOTE]

BestBuy matches other store's prices if you've already bought an item. Just make sure depending on how anal your BB is that they may call the other retailer to confirm the item is in stock.

[quote name='xbox_mole']BestBuy matches other store's prices if you've already bought an item. Just make sure depending on how anal your BB is that they may call the other retailer to confirm the item is in stock.[/quote]

Ah my friend thanks reread online and they do!im gonna pick up a newspaper sun morning and head there asap.Much Thanks.

I think I can answer why there is so much GH stuff. A lot of people found out that they DON'T need to buy new peripherals so they just bought the game disc and played with their old guitars and drums. On top of that the economy started to bottom out so people decided to play their old stuff a lot more so stores just had STACKS of game bundles thinking that the new versions would be as popular as the old ones. Wrong again. This is just a textbook case of bad management (but then again when has anyone had a good manager:D).

The same thing with the DS versions. Not too many folks had a DS and if they did it was a good bet that they already had some kinda system to play on.

Aerosmith obviously only catered to fans, the same is gonna happen with Metallica. Not so sure with the Beatles version though...they kinda cross time and space with popularity but it remains to be seen what they all include like original songs or covers. personally I'm waiting for Splatterhouse and Modern Warfare 2 and that is pretty much it until God of War 3 releases. my poor wallet can't take much more.

I might get the GH bundle from walmart though...at a much later time. not exactly in a rush here since my latest round of classes just hit and they are beasts this time around.

[quote name='xbox_mole']BestBuy matches other store's prices if you've already bought an item. Just make sure depending on how anal your BB is that they may call the other retailer to confirm the item is in stock.[/quote]
They have become more strict, before they would call just for a price check. Now you have to bring in an ad. The BB I go to is pretty laid back....I have never had them call to see if something is in stock. I've been there right when they open and nobody is in the store; still no call to other places to verify stock. If anyone is considered, they should go when the store is packed (esp at Customer Service). They will just pm, instead of wasting time for a couple of bucks.

there is a nice package dsi bundle at toys'r'us this week [4-19-2009] as it includes soul bubbles and a cleaning/protection kit for the regular price of a dsi, 169.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing for me this week, which is good cause I have time to recover from my vacation! Plus, I still have RE5 and SF IV that I bought a week or so ago and I finally get to play them.

Thanks anyways, OP!

Think I might jump on Resistance for PSP, although I just picked up FFTactics at the Gamestop sale a couple weeks ago so I'm not sure I'll have time for another PSP game to play...we'll see.

[quote name='xrayzwei']Cheapy

FFVII Crisis Core for 19.99 was left out of your OP. I think it worth editing[/quote]

Isn't that the new MSRP?

[quote name='WhytePanther']I know that's how it's always worked before, but my god this ad is ambiguous. I'd probably ask at the store before buying anything just to be sure. Nothing in the ad I feel the need to preorder though.[/quote]
The $1 you pay does not go towards the game. Kotaku contacted Target:
Update: Target has confirmed that the initial $1 reserves the game but does not count towards the game's purchase. This means you will be paying $1 for the collectible reservation card, then paying full price for the game when you pick it up, receiving a $5 gift card as long as the game is purchased within seven days of release. Still not a bad deal, but that $5 gift card might as well be a $4 one. http://kotaku.com/5214494/target-pays-you-to-reserve-games

no one mentioned the lowly Kmart ad which has a listing inside for games saying 20-70% off regular prices so maybe some of these KMarts will be up to par with clearance prices.

[quote name='Derrick1979']no one mentioned the lowly Kmart ad which has a listing inside for games saying 20-70% off regular prices so maybe some of these KMarts will be up to par with clearance prices.[/quote]

Dude where? I just checked the ad for out here in CA but there's nothing about that....I think that may be YMMV

I think I'm skipping anything this week. I don't really play GH all that much and while the GHWT guitar bundle IS pretty nice I'd bet that it'll drop to that price for retail after the Beatles version comes out. I'm just saving now for MW2 and might get some old PSX games from ebay...nothing interesting right now

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']Dude where? I just checked the ad for out here in CA but there's nothing about that....I think that may be YMMV

I think I'm skipping anything this week. I don't really play GH all that much and while the GHWT guitar bundle IS pretty nice I'd bet that it'll drop to that price for retail after the Beatles version comes out. I'm just saving now for MW2 and might get some old PSX games from ebay...nothing interesting right now[/quote]

I forget sometimes these ads are printed out regionally... If someone else has the paper and would like to confirm as well in my ad it is int he back by an ad saying "free $10 GC for opening a new account with Kmart Pharmacy"

Has anyone tried getting the DSi and GTA deal from Gamestop at say Target or Bestbuy? I'm not a fan of GS, plus I could use the reward zone points :p

i wish we could freakmojo as I too could use A) A $10 Reward Cert for BB, and $25 giftcard to Target B) The reward zone points

bread's done
Back