Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/20/10 to 6/26/10)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Blur is $39.99 at Best Buy and Kmart, but you may be able to get it for $10 at Best Buy if you follow the instructions here. Best Buy also has Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Alan Wake for $39.99 each and is throwing in a $30 gift card with Xbox 360 Arcade Consoles Spring Bundles, now priced at $149.99.

Target has a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select games, read on for the eligible games and the rest of this week's deals.[/preview]

All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, JDUB X - See post here

:360: Xbox 360 Arcade Spring Bundle (Banjo & Viva Pinata) w/free $30 gift card $149.99
:360::ps3: Blur $39.99
:360::ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 $39.99
:360:
Alan Wake $39.99
:360: 12 months of Xbox Live $39.99

:ds: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge $24.99
:wii: Buy both Just Dance and Dance on Broadway at $39.99 each and save $20
:wii::ds: Get $5 in concession cash with purchase of Toy Story 3: The Video Game for Wii or DS $49.99/$29.99
:ds: Purchase DSi XL $189.99 and Travel case $14.99 and get a car charger adapter free

iconbestbuy.gif
Rewardzone Gamer Club pre-order bonus 500 points ($10 value) when you preorder:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty Black Ops
Madden NFL 11
Halo Reach

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, jp0213 - See post here
Offers valid 6/18 - 6/24

Coupon of the week:
:360::ps3: 25% off any 1 pre-owned game when you buy Transformers: War for Cybertron

Price drops/promotions:
icontrade.gif
Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded (except PSPgo)
:psp: PSP Road Gear Kit $14.99
:ps3: PS3 Blu-ray Media Remote $24.99
:ds: Naruto Shippoden: Ninja Destiny 2 $19.99
:wii: Naruto Shippoden: Clash of Ninja 3 $29.99
:360::ps3: Split Second $49.99
:ds::wii::360: Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers $19.99

Used deals of the week:
:360: Call of Duty 4 $14.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $14.99
:360: Halo 3 $14.99

Bonus offers:
:360::ps3: Kane & Lynch 2 $59.99 Available 8/24/10
Reserve Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days and receive the GameStop-exclusive Greed, Betrayal, and Revenge Multi-player Pack! Betrayal, greed, and dirty money feature prominently as you play the Radio Tower Map across all 4 multi-player modes. As an added bonus you’ll receive three exclusive multi-player weapons: the Doretta handgun with silencer, the US-standard Steel 780 shotgun, and the TOQ SBR submachine gun.
Available online and in-store while supplies last.

:360::ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle $99.99 Available 9/28/10
Purchase Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and receive GameStop exclusive Battle Axe guitar wings. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, endl3ss & SHC-Gamer- See post here

:360::ps3: Blur $39.99
:360::ps3: Buy Transformers: Cybertron, get a $10 gaming coupon on next gaming purchase
"Limited Edition Transformers Cybertron comic book Free with purchase 360, PS3 or Wii ver."
:ps3: Free DualShock 3 when you buy a PS3 120GB system and ModNation Racers
:ds: Save $15 when you buy Transformers Cybertron Decepticons and Autobots at $29.99 each

Target (Ad)
Thanks, limelight022 - See post here

icontarget.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. Choose from over 40 games
(Titles shown below and selected others. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.
50% off game must be equal to or lesser than the value of the full-price game.)

$19.99:

iconds.gif
100 Classic Books

$29.99:
iconds.gif
Transformers War for Cybertron (available Tuesday)
iconds.gif
Club Penguin
iconds.gif
Super Mario 64 DS
iconds.gif
Zhu Zhu Pets
iconds.gif
Iron Man 2
iconwii.gif
Tetris Party

$39.99:
iconwii.gif
Dance on Broadway
iconwii.gif
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
iconwii.gif
Just Dance
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Call of Duty World at War
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Borderlands
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassin's Creed II
iconxbox360.gif
Mass Effect II

$49.99:
iconwii.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconwii.gif
Wii Sports Resort

$59.99:
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Final Fantasy XIII
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Just Cause II
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Aliens Vs. Predator

Toys R Us (Ad)

:ds: Save $25 on Toy Story 3 DSi System Value Bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. Choose from over 40 games.
(Titles shown below and selected others. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.
50% off game must be equal to or lesser than the value of the full-price game.)

$19.99:

iconds.gif
100 Classic Books

$29.99:
iconds.gif
Transformers War for Cybertron (available Tuesday)
iconds.gif
Club Penguin
iconds.gif
Super Mario 64 DS
iconds.gif
Zhu Zhu Pets
iconds.gif
Iron Man 2
iconwii.gif
Tetris Party

$39.99:
iconwii.gif
Dance on Broadway
iconwii.gif
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
iconwii.gif
Just Dance
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Call of Duty World at War
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Borderlands
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassin's Creed II
iconxbox360.gif
Mass Effect II

$49.99:
iconwii.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconwii.gif
Wii Sports Resort

$59.99:
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Final Fantasy XIII
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Just Cause II
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Aliens Vs. Predator

(I'll be on vacation next week so i wont be posting that ad.)

@skatera: yeah kmart's been on the ball lately. TRU had some good deals towards late 09 / early 10 but then seemed to stop trying. I forget if Kmart is doing $10 game credit in addition to comic.

I'm guessing Transformers for 360 and PS3 isn't part of the "selected others" in the buy 1 get 1 50% off?

@dnez Yeah, K-Mart is doing a $10 game credit also on TF. I'll probably just get mine at Wal-Mart at midnight if nothing else better comes up.

[quote name='dnez']@skatera: yeah kmart's been on the ball lately. TRU had some good deals towards late 09 / early 10 but then seemed to stop trying. I forget if Kmart is doing $10 game credit in addition to comic.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I never receive the TRU ad in the mail...:???:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']For some reason I never receive the TRU ad in the mail...:???:[/QUOTE]

I get one in my paper maybe 20% of the time.

Is it wrong that I now look for this thread each week just to see what of subtitle the OP will pick. Maybe next week we can have the "We built this city on rock and roll" thread. :)

[quote name='rant']Is it wrong that I now look for this thread each week just to see what of subtitle the OP will pick. Maybe next week we can have the "We built this city on rock and roll" thread. :)[/QUOTE]

Or the "Gitchy gitchy yaya dada" edition.

[quote name='rant']Is it wrong that I now look for this thread each week just to see what of subtitle the OP will pick. Maybe next week we can have the "We built this city on rock and roll" thread. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. I've always loved a good music reference.

It was always burning
Since the world's been turning

Meh, going to pass on target. Waiting out a price drop is just as cheap.

6 years later & Super Mario 64 DS is still selling for the same goddamn price as when it was released.

Jesus christ, Nintendo. Or whoever is in charge of pricing...Regardless, nothing interests me here & that popped out at me.

Not only are these deals lame but all the Targets around me and dropped their clearance deals considerably.

I have had a Target gift card for a long time now and it's sad that this has been the best deal they've had since. :[

If MH3 is on their selected list, I might bite though.

[quote name='Shale']Wish there were more 360 options, but ME2 and Borderlands for $60 total sounds good to me.[/QUOTE]

Um, if Im not mistaken...ME2 is $20 right now at KMart...

It's apparently in-store only, which is fine if there's a K-Mart anywhere near you, but I don't have one.

:ps3:Free DualShock 3 when you buy a PS3 120GB system and modNation Racers for PS3

:360::ps3: Buy Transformers: Cybertron Get a $10 Gaming Coupon on next gaming purchase
"Limited Edition Transformers Cybertron comic book Free with purchase 360, PS3 or Wii ver."

:ds:Save $15 when you buy Transformers Cybertron Decepticons and Autobots "29.99 each"

:360::ps3: Save $20 on Blur $39.99

Blur for $20 would be awesome. But are you saying we'd have to get a PM at Best Buy to get the $20 off $40, or could it be possible to do at K-Mart? Thanks for the heads-up!

Blur will be $40 at Best Buy as well. No need for a pm. So it's $20 at both stores with the manufacturer coupon.

[quote name='dino88']Blur will be $40 at Best Buy as well. No need for a pm. So it's $20 at both stores with the manufacturer coupon.[/QUOTE]

How do you know BB has $40 as well?? Instore or online??

NICE i will be taking that manufactures coupon to Kmart and getting it for $20! Unless the previous poster is right about it being the same price at Best Buy.

[quote name='FL1PSID3']How do you know BB has $40 as well?? Instore or online??[/QUOTE]
It's in their store ad for next week. :ps3::360:Blur, :ps3::360:Bad Company 2, and :360:Alan Wake are all $40.

[quote name='dino88']Blur will be $40 at Best Buy as well. No need for a pm. So it's $20 at both stores with the manufacturer coupon.[/QUOTE]

Also, possible 10 off RZ stackable @BB YMMV

TIV @ amazon is over 27, lock in now.

[quote name='FL1PSID3']I have a RZ card at BB but I really don't use it. What are the perks of using it anyway??[/QUOTE]

You spend $4000 and they give you a $5 gift card. (slight exaggeration...slight)

They actually offer some good coupons to RZ members. Here's the thread for this month's deals.

[quote name='nixmahn']Also, possible 10 off RZ stackable @BB YMMV

TIV @ amazon is over 27, lock in now.[/QUOTE]

How does that 10 off RZ work?

[quote name='thegame85']I just bought Alan wake at best buy for $54....ugh. And I dont have the receipt anymore.[/QUOTE]

If you used a RZ card, you can give them your phone number and they can look it up for you.

Actually, RZ at Best Buy is wonderful, especially for gamers. You get a $5 certificate for every $250 spent (not much, but it's a F-R-E-E membership), and if you're in the Gamer's Club (once again: F-R-E-E), you get $10 for every $150 spent on video games (be it games, hardware, or accessories). Typically, too, there are special offers for pre-ordering big-name titles, usually 500 bonus points ($10). It adds up quite nicely. Every month I rack up around $10-$20 in rewards from just purchasing a few games and DVDs...and if you have friends who intend to make big purchases but don't frequent BBY, let them use your RZ membership to net you the rewards.

Also, there's the RZ Gamer's Club offers every month. This month, Blur is among them. Starting on 6/20, you can print off a coupon for $10 off Blur. I purchased the game at normal price (which at Best Buy, included a limited-time promotion for a $10 VISA gas card which will be sent to me by mail), and plan to return this Sunday to price match not only the price drop to $40 (if the ad rumor is true), but to also get an additional $10 off with the RZ coupon and another $20 off with the manufacturer coupon. So, I will be pocketing $50 off my initial investment in a $60 game this Sunday. Then, when my $10 VISA gas card arrives, it'll be like I got the game (which is kickass, btw) for free...

As someone who worked for Best Buy and got royally screwed over by corrupt management, I still love the store. Great customer service, a wonderful price-matching policy, and the RZ program is perfect for gamers like myself.

I actually headed outside and into my garbage bag and fished out the receipt..had to do it right now cuz tomorrow is trash day. Guess ill be doing a return/rebuy on Alan Wake.

I couldn't make up my mind between Split/Second and Blur. This makes it easy.

I don't think I have used a coupon to purchase a game since I bought Super Mario RPG on the SNES lol.

Will try both coupons at BB. If both won't work I'll give by business to SHC-Gamer with the MFG coupon even though I'm premier silver. He's worked hard to bring out some great deals!

Both coupons should work as long as the BB one works since it's a sale priced item.

In the fairness of full disclosure, Kmart does have a rewards program as well. However, it sucks. You get back $.50 cents on a purchase of $50.00 bucks. I could be wrong, it might be just $.05 cents. While if you're smart and sign up for the BB gamerz club, you'll be 1/3 of the way towards a $10 GC with your $50.00 gaming purchase.

[quote name='sdcranford']Will try both coupons at BB. If both won't work I'll give by business to SHC-Gamer with the MFG coupon even though I'm premier silver. He's worked hard to bring out some great deals!

Both coupons should work as long as the BB one works since it's a sale priced item.[/QUOTE]

lol

@Shale: Get ME2 at Kmart for 20, and get Borderlands from amazon in like 4 hrs at 6am for 27 shipped! That's how you do it!

I just sent a tweet to SHC-Gamer to see if he can verify that the $20 coupon will work in stores with the $39.99 sale price. Will post again when he replies (unless he comes here personally and replies first :p ).

bread's done
Back