Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/20/10 to 6/26/10)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Blur is $39.99 at Best Buy and Kmart, but you may be able to get it for $10 at Best Buy if you follow the instructions here. Best Buy also has Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Alan Wake for $39.99 each and is throwing in a $30 gift card with Xbox 360 Arcade Consoles Spring Bundles, now priced at $149.99.

Target has a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select games, read on for the eligible games and the rest of this week's deals.[/preview]

All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, JDUB X - See post here

:360: Xbox 360 Arcade Spring Bundle (Banjo & Viva Pinata) w/free $30 gift card $149.99
:360::ps3: Blur $39.99
:360::ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 $39.99
:360:
Alan Wake $39.99
:360: 12 months of Xbox Live $39.99

:ds: Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force: Herbert's Revenge $24.99
:wii: Buy both Just Dance and Dance on Broadway at $39.99 each and save $20
:wii::ds: Get $5 in concession cash with purchase of Toy Story 3: The Video Game for Wii or DS $49.99/$29.99
:ds: Purchase DSi XL $189.99 and Travel case $14.99 and get a car charger adapter free

iconbestbuy.gif
Rewardzone Gamer Club pre-order bonus 500 points ($10 value) when you preorder:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty Black Ops
Madden NFL 11
Halo Reach

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, jp0213 - See post here
Offers valid 6/18 - 6/24

Coupon of the week:
:360::ps3: 25% off any 1 pre-owned game when you buy Transformers: War for Cybertron

Price drops/promotions:
icontrade.gif
Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded (except PSPgo)
:psp: PSP Road Gear Kit $14.99
:ps3: PS3 Blu-ray Media Remote $24.99
:ds: Naruto Shippoden: Ninja Destiny 2 $19.99
:wii: Naruto Shippoden: Clash of Ninja 3 $29.99
:360::ps3: Split Second $49.99
:ds::wii::360: Backyard Sports: Sandlot Sluggers $19.99

Used deals of the week:
:360: Call of Duty 4 $14.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $14.99
:360: Halo 3 $14.99

Bonus offers:
:360::ps3: Kane & Lynch 2 $59.99 Available 8/24/10
Reserve Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days and receive the GameStop-exclusive Greed, Betrayal, and Revenge Multi-player Pack! Betrayal, greed, and dirty money feature prominently as you play the Radio Tower Map across all 4 multi-player modes. As an added bonus you’ll receive three exclusive multi-player weapons: the Doretta handgun with silencer, the US-standard Steel 780 shotgun, and the TOQ SBR submachine gun.
Available online and in-store while supplies last.

:360::ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Guitar Bundle $99.99 Available 9/28/10
Purchase Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and receive GameStop exclusive Battle Axe guitar wings. Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, endl3ss & SHC-Gamer- See post here

:360::ps3: Blur $39.99
:360::ps3: Buy Transformers: Cybertron, get a $10 gaming coupon on next gaming purchase
"Limited Edition Transformers Cybertron comic book Free with purchase 360, PS3 or Wii ver."
:ps3: Free DualShock 3 when you buy a PS3 120GB system and ModNation Racers
:ds: Save $15 when you buy Transformers Cybertron Decepticons and Autobots at $29.99 each

Target (Ad)
Thanks, limelight022 - See post here

icontarget.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. Choose from over 40 games
(Titles shown below and selected others. Quantities limited, no rainchecks.
50% off game must be equal to or lesser than the value of the full-price game.)

$19.99:

iconds.gif
100 Classic Books

$29.99:
iconds.gif
Transformers War for Cybertron (available Tuesday)
iconds.gif
Club Penguin
iconds.gif
Super Mario 64 DS
iconds.gif
Zhu Zhu Pets
iconds.gif
Iron Man 2
iconwii.gif
Tetris Party

$39.99:
iconwii.gif
Dance on Broadway
iconwii.gif
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
iconwii.gif
Just Dance
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Call of Duty World at War
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Borderlands
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Assassin's Creed II
iconxbox360.gif
Mass Effect II

$49.99:
iconwii.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconwii.gif
Wii Sports Resort

$59.99:
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Final Fantasy XIII
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Just Cause II
iconxbox360.gif
iconps3.gif
Aliens Vs. Predator

Toys R Us (Ad)

:ds: Save $25 on Toy Story 3 DSi System Value Bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dino88']Blur will be $40 at Best Buy as well. No need for a pm. So it's $20 at both stores with the manufacturer coupon.[/QUOTE]

its $40 for Reward Zone members, so not good for those who isn't a RZ member. I think I'll be picking this up at kmart.

[quote name='nixmahn']Also, possible 10 off RZ stackable @BB YMMV

TIV @ amazon is over 27, lock in now.[/QUOTE]
Good advice, because I locked mine in at $32.50 and not two hours later it tanked by $5. Expect the TIV to nosedive very quickly.

Man, I bought Alan Wake at launch for $60 and then used the $20 coupon on Blur when it was $40. I could have just waited and used the manufacturers coupon and got both for $60. Deals are way too crazy these days. First it was sales, then it was preorder/new release gift cards, then it was recently released games on sale that include gift cards/coupons, now its manufacturer coupons for use with games on sale.

[quote name='Estebon']In the fairness of full disclosure, Kmart does have a rewards program as well. However, it sucks. You get back $.50 cents on a purchase of $50.00 bucks. I could be wrong, it might be just $.05 cents. While if you're smart and sign up for the BB gamerz club, you'll be 1/3 of the way towards a $10 GC with your $50.00 gaming purchase.[/QUOTE]

Kmart gives you 2% back on all purchases so its not 5 cents but a dollar still not much.

The manufacturer coupon should work at BB no problem. The issue is the $10 RZ coupon since most RZ coupons don't stack with sale prices. I'll try at BB but if it doesn't, I'll give Kmart my business since they're trying harder to win it than BB is.

I already have a sealed copy of Blur, but I will do this as well for another copy for $20 if it proves to work. Good birthday present for the nephews.

[quote name='polo14player']what's everybody talking about alan wake?? i don't see a deal for it in the op?[/QUOTE]

$40 @ BB next week, since this is a Kmart thread, that might be where you got confused ;)

Blur for $19.99 Confirmed. From my Twitter:

@sybaritictrance Yes indeed! #blur

@KmartGamer Will the $20.00 Blur coupon be good toward the $39.99 sale price in store at Kmart next week? :D

[quote name='GreyFox787']Actually, RZ at Best Buy is wonderful, especially for gamers. You get a $5 certificate for every $250 spent (not much, but it's a F-R-E-E membership), and if you're in the Gamer's Club (once again: F-R-E-E), you get $10 for every $150 spent on video games (be it games, hardware, or accessories). Typically, too, there are special offers for pre-ordering big-name titles, usually 500 bonus points ($10). It adds up quite nicely. Every month I rack up around $10-$20 in rewards from just purchasing a few games and DVDs...and if you have friends who intend to make big purchases but don't frequent BBY, let them use your RZ membership to net you the rewards.

Also, there's the RZ Gamer's Club offers every month. This month, Blur is among them. Starting on 6/20, you can print off a coupon for $10 off Blur. I purchased the game at normal price (which at Best Buy, included a limited-time promotion for a $10 VISA gas card which will be sent to me by mail), and plan to return this Sunday to price match not only the price drop to $40 (if the ad rumor is true), but to also get an additional $10 off with the RZ coupon and another $20 off with the manufacturer coupon. So, I will be pocketing $50 off my initial investment in a $60 game this Sunday. Then, when my $10 VISA gas card arrives, it'll be like I got the game (which is kickass, btw) for free...

As someone who worked for Best Buy and got royally screwed over by corrupt management, I still love the store. Great customer service, a wonderful price-matching policy, and the RZ program is perfect for gamers like myself.[/QUOTE]

Hardware doesn't count towards the $150 video game purchases, only video game and accessories. However hardware still counts towards the normal $250.

here's a question. i noticed that next week's BB RZ deals lists Blur under "Save $10". would that mean $40 - $10(RZ promo) - $20(mftr coupon) = $10 for the game?

[quote name='thegame85']I just bought Alan wake at best buy for $54....ugh. And I dont have the receipt anymore.[/QUOTE]
If you used a credit/debit card, they can look up the receipt for you.

[quote name='rjbooth']Kmart gives you 2% back on all purchases so its not 5 cents but a dollar still not much.[/QUOTE]

Get the most from Shop Your Way Rewards

• Earn 1% back in Rewards on qualifying purchases

Noo! I bought Blur last week at K-Mart for $40. Shucks, if only I'd been a little more patient! Waiting a week would've saved me $20... Oh well I guess..

[quote name='tardoman']Noo! I bought Blur last week at K-Mart for $40. Shucks, if only I'd been a little more patient! Waiting a week would've saved me $20... Oh well I guess..[/QUOTE]
Buy one this week for $20 and return it with the $40 receipt. Enjoy!

[quote name='cheeky']What's up with the Billy Joel reference in the title?[/QUOTE]

I wanna know the same thing

[quote name='kataztrophik']Um, if Im not mistaken...ME2 is $20 right now at KMart...[/QUOTE]
Sure is. Got mine a few days back. My Kmart had tons of them in stock.

does anyone know if ME2 will still be $20 on sunday? I got a Kmart somewhat near me but can only go sunday...

[quote name='AAdvance']Borderlands might be worth it @ that price, but until I know what their "selecteds" are I'll pass...[/QUOTE]

I thought that until I played it. Now I'm pissed I didn't buy it day one.
The best 62 hours I've had in one game so far. Not perfect but damn this game was fun!

thanks for the info anyways! i missed it but thats ok I haven't played ME1 yet lol. I just got the new xbox :p

[quote name='confoosious']so how exactly are we supposed to determine the "other titles"? there's no complete list even in the actual ad.[/QUOTE]

Probably just whatever the store decides to tag as part of the deal, so it could be a YMMV?

I tried to print out the manufacture coupon and it's just taking me back to the the main page for the game. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='kodave']Probably just whatever the store decides to tag as part of the deal, so it could be a YMMV?[/QUOTE]

It won't be YMMV. There will be a special sale sign on all applicable games, most likely. The only YMMV part may come from any confusion on the deal and a manager offers to the buy one get one half off for all games.

Was on the kmart site a couple minutes ago, and noticed that the game comes with a DLC code for a chrome BMW. As far as I can tell, BB doesn't have it, so if that strikes your fancy...

[quote name='Zimmy']Not only are these deals lame but all the Targets around me and dropped their clearance deals considerably.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

I now troll their clearance section out of habit; it has been a bad investment recently...

yeah the store I was at today to get the 360 arcade deal had NO clearance section. the cashier said they haven't had one for a while.

What am I gonna spend the gift card on then.

Yep, just got back from the nearest Kmart (Jefferson City, MO), my girlfriend and I each got a copy of Blur for $21.54 after the coupons! The cashier called the manager to check on the coupon but apparently the manager was well aware of it, so no problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was almost going to try the borderlands and assassin's creed 2, but it looks like amazon is cheaper after target adds tax.

Fail, at the Kmart in Richmond, Michigan. The clerk called the manager over, and she told me that they aren't allowed to take anymore online coupons from anywere besides Kmart.

This is why they shouldn't have 60 year old women work in the electronics department.

bread's done
Back