Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/16/12 to 9/22/12)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]
iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy throws in a $10 gift card with NBA Baller Beats and is holding a buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is $39.99.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop is promoting a Top 100 under $10 Sale on PC downloads.

kmart.gif
Kmart offers a $15 gaming coupon with a Borderlands 2 purchase. Mario Kart 7 and Mario Tennis Open are $29.99 each.

icontarget.gif
Target discounts Just Dance 3 to $18, Just Dance Kids 2 to $14, and includes a $20 gift card with the Wii console bundle. All Call of Duty games are 20% off.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us is holding a buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games. Borderlands 2 comes with a $10 gift card, the Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect comes with a $25 gift card, and a 3DS or 3DS XL purchase nets a $20 gift card. Buy Kirby's Dream Collection, get a $20 or less Wii game for 50% off.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, MidnightMetal - See post here

:360: NBA Baller Beats + $10 gift card $59.99
:360: Xbox 360 250Gb + free Gamers Club Unlocked & 50% off 3 months XBL (with any 360 console purchase) $299.99
:360: Kinect Sensor $99.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 $39.99

iconbestbuy.gif
100% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game (ends 10/6)
iconbestbuy.gif
Buy 2 Get 3rd FREE on ALL Pre-Owned Games

:360::ps3::pc: Borderlands 2 + 15% off game guide with purchase + Limited Edition Art Print when you attend midnight opening to pick up the game $59.99

:wii::3ds: Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games $29.99

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

Valid until 9/18 unless otherwise noted

:360::ps3: Street Fighter x Tekken - $19.99
:360::ps3: Risen 2: Dark Waters - $49.99
:360::ps3: Spec Ops: The Line - $39.99 (New Low Price)

B2G1 Free Skylanders figures

Extra 30% trade-in credit when put towards Borderlands 2

:pc: Top 100 under $10 Sale http://www.impulsedriven.com/id/collection/top100.html (downloads)

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, JP73 - See post here

:ps3::360: Borderlands 2 $59.99 + $15 Gaming Coupon With Purchase
:360::ps3::wii::3ds: Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99
:3ds: Mario Kart 7 $29.99
:3ds: Mario Tennis Open $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, litepink - See post here

:360::ps3::wii: Just Dance 3 - $18
:360::wii: Just Dance Kids 2 - $14
:wii: Wii Console Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. - $149.99+Free $20 Gift Card

:360::ps3::wii::ds::pc: All Call of Duty games - 20% off

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, detectiveconan16 - See post here

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free on all under $20 games

apple.png
iPod Touch 32GB + $50 gift card $299.99

:360: Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect + $25 gift card $299.99

:360::ps3: Borderlands 2 + $10 gift card $59.99

:3ds: 3DS or 3DS XL + $20 gift cardwith purchase of 3DS or 3DS XL

icontoysrus_r1.gif
25% off Skylanders Starter Pack when you reserve Skylander Giants Portal Owner Pack for $5

:wii: Buy Kirby's Anniversary Collection at $40, get 1 $20 or less Wii game for 1/2 off.

icontoysrus_r1.gif
MEEP kids Tablet $149.99
icontoysrus_r1.gif
30% off MEEP tablet accesories

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jigsaw918']not even advertising borderlands 2?! fail target, never bought a game from you, never will at this rate.[/QUOTE]

:-({|= It's called deals not full price sh*t

[quote name='litepink']I usually don't report MSRP listings; I was always under the impression that people were annoyed by that. This is also why I put "that's it for the sales this week". Borderlands 2 is indeed in this week's ad.

Seems to cause confusion among people when I omit them. I see no point in stating the obvious, but I'll probably start listing these full price games anyways for complete clarity. I guess it's good for new releases --then everyone knows that there's no sale/offer.[/QUOTE]

Pls keep doing so everyone obviously knows target has BL2, thats a no brainer. But the deals report is incredibly useful. Thank you for your time.:applause:

[quote name='karkyco']If you have a Fry's near you, their online ad has it at $29.96.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think about them as the closest is at a good 6+ hours away. I'll have to see if they ship up to PA, so thanks.

I would be down for getting Borderlands 2 as the coupon deal is nice, but unfortunately the coupon train is all but dead. As others said, games that come with it are few and far between. Then regulars games take so long to drop at Kmart, and the clearance has long been ramsacked after they started to officially advertise the drops :whistle2:#. Kmartgamer must be turning in his hopefully unoccupied grave.

[quote name='sylveranking']I am a bit concerned about the print run. I have heard from several gamestops that they are only getting 1-2 copies per store.[/QUOTE]

^ They might be overhyping the limited nature of this game. If each Gamestop was only getting 1-2 then I'd have to believe someplace like Amazon who is allowing 5 per order per account would have been sold out by now (if not sooner).

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']So what happens if you get Kirby and 3 $20 games? One free and one for $10, or would the half off apply and then you just get that one free effectively making the Kirby deal pointless?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but it's prime for one of their infamous glitches where it works better than it should.

[quote name='momouchi']Bought my first 360, so I'll have to stock up on some games from the B2G1. It works online as well as in store right?[/QUOTE]
Yup

ooh, I've got $12 on a leftover GC and I've got some other games to trade in, anybody got any suggestions for the B2G2 free? I'm gonna get LA Noire for sure but not sure on the other 2 to match it up with.

[quote name='JStryke']What's the chance the Kirby Anniversary Edition is going to be cheaper by Christmas? Not sure what to get my sister, and that would be pretty good I think.[/QUOTE]
Assuming this isn't only a one print run, I'm almost certain the price will be halved or less by Xmas. I haven't seen one person defend (price is outrageous for what you are getting after all), or even show interest in this collection outside of GoNintendo.

Funny story, my local Gamestop set up a special shelf on the wall for "gaming collections", the manager said he did it to show off just how great of a deal Kirby was. This collection is sitting next to $40 Metal Gear Solid, $40 God of War, $20 Sonic Genesis Collection, and several others. He said he hasn't sold a single copy yet (I assume he meant pre-orders unless he is breaking street date but he does have the game case sitting there, I have no interest in this collection so I didn't ask). Very well played.

Last edited:
I am interested in the Kirby Collection, I think it's much better than the Mario One, but I'm a little hesitant at $40. I paid $20 for the Mario one when TRU had it for sale.

[quote name='diplo']Booo!! I was hoping they would have the LBP Vita Bundle deal that Madden had[/QUOTE]

yeah, me too. very disappointed here. hopefully they'll have a kickass bundle this holiday season then. :whistle2:k

Thanks for posting this early!

Does the 100% trade work for people without the rewards card thingy?

Is the b2g1 online also?

Is anyone else having an issue getting the discount to apply? I've added/removed 3 valid games from my shopping cart several times now. Does the discount just not show up until later?

[quote name='MykonosFan']Kinda hoping the Kirby collection goes on sale somewhere...I'll probably wind up getting it anyway but anything less than 39.99 would be great. (in before someone responds to this with Amazon's 39.96 saying it's technically cheaper... :v )[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elyfant422']If you have one in your area Fry's will have it for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking the Fry's ad in tomorrow's paper to my local Best Buy for a price match! :)

[quote name='litepink'] That’s all the sales for this week =)[/QUOTE]Thanx OP but you missed the "20% off all COD games" sans BO2

Those prices are crazy my daughter will love them. Thanks!!
crazy

[quote name='Sway']Got this in an email this morning:

http://view.ed4.net/v/OEKWLU/LQ1QTH/CDNUR9R/R1LS57/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this as well. Seems if you buy the game in store on 9/18 only you get an additional $10 gift card making this $20 in gift card total. This puts Toys R Us as the best deal if you're not unlocked at Best Buy, or even ahead of it depending on if you'd rather have $20 credit at Toys R Us instead of Best Buy (I'm sure a lot of you are parents out there and this is one way to justify buying this game to the wife/girlfriend/mistress.)

I'm still sticking with Best Buy since I also get a 30 day window to price match.

[quote name='thegame85']I must be getting old. The thought of a Midnight release on a Tuesday just makes me feel exhausted :x

Edit: none in my area. I live in the fucking Silicon Valley and they don't have one opening on my side of the Bay. At least it makes my decision easy[/QUOTE]

There probably actually is one in your area. I'm on Ohio and it only shows like 5 stores on the site which I didn't believe made sense so I called the main store in my area to ask. The lady said yeah they were having one and she wasn't sure why it wasn't on the site :D

So yeah I'm getting my Borderlands 2 at midnight and so should you. :bouncy:

Not that I expect anyone to have trouble PMing Frys for Kirby's Dream Collection, but I was able to PM without any trouble at all.

Well I was about to go to gamestop and pre order Borderlands 2, but just saw the email. Id much rather have $20 gift card than to get it at midnight. Guess I will be there as soon as they open.

If I JUST bought MGS4 preowned on Friday, will I be able to somehow get in on the B2G1 preowned deal if I still have the receipt or something?

I might join the Gamers Unlocked club so I can get the B2G1 coupon. Since it's only $15 it seems worth it, but are any of the other perks worth the price of admission?

[quote name='ziphifi']I might join the Gamers Unlocked club so I can get the B2G1 coupon. Since it's only $15 it seems worth it, but are any of the other perks worth the price of admission?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the B2G1 promo is for everyone, not just GCU members

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I'm pretty sure the B2G1 promo is for everyone, not just GCU members[/QUOTE]
Maybe he's speaking of the B2G1 New $39.99 and under from the GCU welcome packet.

[quote name='derkduck']Well I was about to go to gamestop and pre order Borderlands 2, but just saw the email. Id much rather have $20 gift card than to get it at midnight. Guess I will be there as soon as they open.[/QUOTE]

But you don't get the preorder bonus at TRU. I'm getting mine through Amazon. Preorder bonus + $10 credit (but I have to wait for it to ship).

[quote name='voidedx']But you don't get the preorder bonus at TRU. I'm getting mine through Amazon. Preorder bonus + $10 credit (but I have to wait for it to ship).[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm one of the few who rarely care for the preorder bonus. Yeah the free character would be cool, but Id rather get $20 gift card since my live is up and now Ill be able to get it 20 dollars cheaper.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Man, I know TRU charges high shipping but $15 to ship 3 games? That's just unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sale kills the free shipping minimum price. If you're willing to buy six games that are the same price, you'd get two freebies and free shipping.

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']So what happens if you get Kirby and 3 $20 games? One free and one for $10, or would the half off apply and then you just get that one free effectively making the Kirby deal pointless?[/QUOTE]

I was able to do this online:
Kirby Collection $39.99
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99 $9.99
Alien Infestation $19.99
Prof. Layton Specter $19.99 $0.00

[quote name='hellboypi']I was able to do this online:
Kirby Collection $39.99
Mario Strikers Charged $19.99 $9.99
Alien Infestation $19.99
Prof. Layton Specter $19.99 $0.00[/QUOTE]

Be very cautious about ordering from TRU. Rule of thumb: if they can fit the items in a bubble mailer they will ship them in a bubble mailer...

and TRU has HUGE bubblemailers; during previous clearance and B2G1 free sales I've gotten as many as 10 games mailed in the same bubblemailer.

^ Of course this only matters if you care about the condition of your games

[quote name='GBAstar']Be very cautious about ordering from TRU. Rule of thumb: if they can fit the items in a bubble mailer they will ship them in a bubble mailer...

and TRU has HUGE bubblemailers; during previous clearance and B2G1 free sales I've gotten as many as 10 games mailed in the same bubblemailer.

^ Of course this only matters if you care about the condition of your games[/QUOTE]

I've never once had a problem with a bubble mailer and games... and I've been shipping and receiving games for a while.

[quote name='GBAstar']Be very cautious about ordering from TRU. Rule of thumb: if they can fit the items in a bubble mailer they will ship them in a bubble mailer...

^ Of course this only matters if you care about the condition of your games[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment because when they ran the NSMB2 deal a few weeks back I received it along with Pikmin 2 and some boxed Playmobil figures all in one big bubble mailer.
The Playmobil boxes were pretty much flattened and the corner of Pikmin rubbed it's way through the mailer and was scuffed up.

I wrote TRU a letter of complaint and didn't hear a word back from them.

Quick question that I doubt anyone has the answer to, but i'll try anyway. What's the chances if I go to TRU tomorrow and take advantage of the 2 $10 gift cards, that my game will contain the Premeire Club. I know it's only for "pre orders" but I highly doubt TRU got pre order copies and retail copies, any input is appreciated...

[quote name='pat87']I've never once had a problem with a bubble mailer and games... and I've been shipping and receiving games for a while.[/QUOTE]

It's physics. I handle lots of games (I'm not going to put my business out there) and receive UPS/USPS/FedEx shipments every day.

If you throw multiple games in oversize bubble mailers they are going to move around. Discs are going to become loose. Shrinkwrap is going to tear. Cases are going to crack.

If you use a form fitting bubble mailer or fold over the excess you'll be fine. The bubble mailers TRU use are like bubble bags. They are huge. They'll throw multiple games in and just seal the top (not fold it over). This means the games move around. I have had multiple problems with them.

[quote name='Sway']Not that I expect anyone to have trouble PMing Frys for Kirby's Dream Collection, but I was able to PM without any trouble at all.[/QUOTE]
I did. The cashier gave me trouble because I printed a copy of the ad (I don't get a newspaper and didn't want to go to the store for an actual copy of the ad, so I found one online and printed it. I did call customer service before and asked if it was acceptable and was told that as long as the offer was for in-store prices it'd be fine), he then called the manager over who said that the printed ad was fine. He then gave me a pretty annoying lecture that they normally didn't price-match from Fry's because there wasn't one in a 25 mile radius :roll:.

Anyways they sold it to me for $30 so at least they honored the deal this time, very surprised since I've been unable to get them to honor their own sales prices or Gamer Mag coupons before. That 25 mile radius rule seems pretty lame, if BB can't price match it because the closest store few miles outside the store's radius maybe Fry's should look into expanding a bit :lol:.

bread's done
Back