Sunday VG Ads 11/4-11/10 - CC VF5 (360) $40, COD4 (360) w/free COD3 and more

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
im typing on my iphone so its tough to type everything but i just saw newxt weeks cc sales and i see virtuafighter 5 for 360 is listed at 39.99

It a good thing i waited

Tomb raider anniversary for 360 is 30

Very excited and freaked out

CheapyD's Picks
Best Buy
:360:Save $20 when you buy COD4 and the Wireless Headset
:360:F.E.A.R Files w/$10 gift card $49.99

Circuit City
:360:Virtua Fighter 5 $39.99
:360:Call of Duty 4 w/Free Call of Duty 3 $59.99
:360:Tomb Raider Anniversary $29.99
:360:Timeshift w/$10 gift card $59.99
:360:Wireless Controller $39.99 (Black, White)
:pc:Gears of War $39.99

Target
:360::ps3:Call of Duty 4 w/$5 gift card $59.99

[quote name='Jesu']Call of Duty 3: Gold Edition (Xbox 360)
UPC 047875820036

not in stock[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it got pulled in order to bundle it with CoD4. I mean, new copies of CoD2 are still floating around, it's hard to believe that there are NO more CoD3s.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']I don't know if this has been answered yet, but is the COD4 release at CC scheduled at 2PM or could I show up at opening and get the games then?[/quote]

Opening is what the lady on the phone told me. It can't hurt atleast.

Anyone know if I could somehow swing getting the PS3 version of CoD4 and the 360 version of CoD3? Like say, buying both 360 versions and exchanging the 360 version for the PS3 version?

Picked up VF5 at CC for $29.99 with the coupon, thanks OP!

Also picked up a Super Mario Galaxy Pre-Order at the TRU next door.

I'm going to go back to CC for the COD4 deal tomorrow, is anyone going to try to use the coupon with it (AND get the free COD3) or is that just asking to get shot down?

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Picked up VF5 at CC for $29.99 with the coupon, thanks OP!

Also picked up a Super Mario Galaxy Pre-Order at the TRU next door.

I'm going to go back to CC for the COD4 deal tomorrow, is anyone going to try to use the coupon with it (AND get the free COD3) or is that just asking to get shot down?[/quote]

Which coupon? The Burger King $10 gift card or is there a $10 off coupon?

I work at BB ...i asked my manager if they could price match the offer made by CC ..he said that they would ..so if no luck at CC i will heading to BB

Can't get COD3 online. Says all the stores are sold out (both gold and non gold). And, online is still listing COD4 as preorder only. Circuit City again has advertised something that wasn't available at the start of a sale. (2 for $20 1600 mp cards anyone?) I'm fed up with this store and their horrible bait and switch tactics. For once, I'd like to see a sale and participate in it, without putting my tail between my legs and begging some manager of another store to price match a sale which really never happened at CC in the first place.

We have known about this sales since last thursday, everyone knows that CC is trying to get rid of their CoD 3 supply. Did you ever think to do like the rest of us and purchase CoD 3 ahead of time? You need to read these boards daily to be on top of the best deals.

[quote name='jorgeed']We have known about this sales since last thursday, everyone knows that CC is trying to get rid of their CoD 3 supply. Did you ever think to do like the rest of us and purchase CoD 3 ahead of time? You need to read these boards daily to be on top of the best deals.[/quote]
I do read them daily, if not more. But, once again, why do I have to pay full price in advance, and have to drive to the store twice and deal with customer service in order to have them do a price adjustment? That's my point, Circuit City never has enough inventory to make their ad viable to those that want to walk in to the store (or go online) when a sale starts, buy the qualifying items and walk out...without involving a csr, or manager, or another store manager, etc.

I'm almost wondering what Black Friday is going to be like. Last year the trend was to wait in long lines (i.e. Wii and PS3) and as a result, people were at the stores 24 hours in advance waiting. With the trend towards sale=price match guarantee, is there even a point in going to the stores(unless to take a receipt to the CSR), as they most likely won't have any of the inventory. I know stores Price Guarantee is flaky when it comes to BF ads though. But that doesn't mean that there won't be any inventory because everyone bought up the stock days before and are now trying.

[quote name='jorgeed']We have known about this sales since last thursday, everyone knows that CC is trying to get rid of their CoD 3 supply. Did you ever think to do like the rest of us and purchase CoD 3 ahead of time? You need to read these boards daily to be on top of the best deals.[/QUOTE]

A couple things here.

1. Not everyone lives close enough to a CC to justify 2 trips there in order to get one decent game free. Driving to CC twice would cost me almost $15 in gas to say nothing for the near-hour drive each direction.

2. CAG isn't really that big. There's no way that we should be able to deplete a major retail chain's stock of games in a matter of three or four days. Like the earlier poster said, Circuit City has quite the history of doing things like this.

I agree with most of your points and CC is definitely the worst retailer out there. Knowing that, anytime CC has a deal like this, you need to expect to do a price adjustment or talk to a CSR. Its just the way it works with CC. I think your expectations of them are too high.

[quote name='Halo05']A couple things here.

1. Not everyone lives close enough to a CC to justify 2 trips there in order to get one decent game free. Driving to CC twice would cost me almost $15 in gas to say nothing for the near-hour drive each direction.

2. CAG isn't really that big. There's no way that we should be able to deplete a major retail chain's stock of games in a matter of three or four days. Like the earlier poster said, Circuit City has quite the history of doing things like this.[/quote]Both very valid points. Not everyone has CC's/BB's right in their backyard. I'm lucky enough to have a BB & CC within 2-3 miles of my house, as well as 2 BB's and 1 CC within 3-5 miles of my main north-south work commute. That makes it easy to buy games in advance. Not everyone has such luck, as you stated.

[quote name='jorgeed']We have known about this sales since last thursday, everyone knows that CC is trying to get rid of their CoD 3 supply. Did you ever think to do like the rest of us and purchase CoD 3 ahead of time? You need to read these boards daily to be on top of the best deals.[/quote]Sometimes, it's not worth the time/money/gas to try and pull one of those situations off. I used to drive all over my area to try and get the advanced jump on some deals or pick up lots of games in clearance situations, though gas and time are too precious these days. Don't assume the way it is for you is the way it is for everyone.

[quote name='jorgeed']I agree with most of your points and CC is definitely the worst retailer out there. Knowing that, anytime CC has a deal like this, you need to expect to do a price adjustment or talk to a CSR. Its just the way it works with CC. I think your expectations of them are too high.[/QUOTE]

Oh believe me, I'm girding myself for a battle if my preorder bundle of CoD3 & 4 arrives at my house without CoD3.

CC - If you're reading this, I'll accept a $20 discount on CoD4 in lieu of CoD3.

Probably an obvious answer.. but does anyone know if Target will have COD4 out at store opening today? I've resolved to never shop my local Circuit City again. It's the worst store in this city and I've had it with them. I hope other's follow suit. :bomb:

[quote name='Halo05']Oh believe me, I'm girding myself for a battle if my preorder bundle of CoD3 & 4 arrives at my house without CoD3.

CC - If you're reading this, I'll accept a $20 discount on CoD4 in lieu of CoD3.[/quote]
you can preorder COD4 with COD3 online at CC now ..but no store pick up !!

but wait ..now it says that they are both out of stock !! fuck CC !! why don`t they just have store pick up ....

I also called and they said they couldnt sell them till 2p.

Seemed like they had them there.

I just don't want to go over there and not be any COD 3's

yea CC is notorious for holding stuff. like they had Wiis last yr & held them like almost a week to put w/ their Ads. then made changes in the ad that same morrning while people were in line. saying it was a misprint.

i ended up getting...
CC.. VF5=$40, plus $10 free giftcard, while ended up getting charged for.
BB.. VF5=pricematched,plus 10%, plus $5 coupon=$32.99.
ended up returning stuff to CC, since they always give me a problem on everything, i rather spend my money @ BB

I called BB to price match and no dice cause its a "package" deal.

Either way I'll be at CC promptly at 2p....hopefully I don't get screwed

Can someone explain this Burger King coupon to me? I stopped by my local BK and they had never heard of it (not even the manager) and there was nothing on the counter..

[quote name='Miken21']My cc just called me and said I can pick it up.[/quote]
i called mine ..the dude said they don`t have it yet :bomb:

Greeville, SC.

Went to the CC on Woodruff. There was a sign "Sorry, we did not get any Call of Duty 3 or 4 in today". I spoke to an associate and they said it would be Thursday. He suggested Gamestop but I explained that I wanted their deal and otherwise I could just wait on the game

Went to the CC near Haywood Mall. They had tons of COD4 but no COD3's, did not offer anything in exchange, just "Sorry!" so I passed.

Went to my local CC and they of course were out of stock on COD3. I decided to take a chance and PM at BB. Paid off. Not only was I able to PM and get my COD 3 also, I noticed when I got home that they made the wrong game free so I got COD 3 and COD 4 for $32!

[quote name='trunks982']is someone going to try getting the ps3 version of COD4?[/quote]

I tried. I gave CC a call hoping to get some ammo for when I went in and the girl on the phone said the PS3 version was included in the deal. I went in about an hour later, grabbed the PS3 version of CoD3 brought it up front and played dumb saying "I guess this is free with CoD4" and she went and grabbed the 360 version. I told her I wanted the PS3 version and she grabbed it but had trouble at the register so she called in the reinforcements. I told the manager that I was told over the phone that the PS3 version qualified and that's why I came in hoping they would let me get away with it but no dice.

I didn't think I would get it so I had a back up plan. I had the 10% GS coupon with me and showed that to them saying if they couldn't PM it I'd go across the street. They did so I got it for $54.

It didn't save any more money than I would have at GS but I do get the 30 price guarantee and what I think is a superior poster. They couldn't find the poster though so I have to go back for it later but I'm happy.

Holy crap does my CC suck. I get there at 1:55ish and there are only 4 people in front of me waiting for COD4. One of the 4 has a copy of COD 3 and says that is the only one on the shelf. So while we wait, one of the employees goes in the back to see if they have any more COD3s and they end up not having any left at all, and wouldnt even have a rain check because they said they dont have any online or some bs like that.

So needless to say I just left and went to wal mart to see if they would "pricematch" the deal. They dont as I figured, so I decided I'll just wait for christmas and get it then.

Cant believe you have a advertisment for something and only have 1 god damn copy of it. Pathetic.

[quote name='Soul DragooN']Holy crap does my CC suck. I get there at 1:55ish and there are only 4 people in front of me waiting for COD4. One of the 4 has a copy of COD 3 and says that is the only one on the shelf. So while we wait, one of the employees goes in the back to see if they have any more COD3s and they end up not having any left at all, and wouldnt even have a rain check because they said they dont have any online or some bs like that.

So needless to say I just left and went to wal mart to see if they would "pricematch" the deal. They dont as I figured, so I decided I'll just wait for christmas and get it then.

Cant believe you have a advertisment for something and only have 1 god damn copy of it. Pathetic.[/quote]

Agreed. I went to my local CC, and even though I was getting the PS3 version, I saw tons of 360 copies being sold around me. Each of them was asking for the free COD3, and they were all being told there weren't any. One guy was complaining, and the manager even offered him a free copy of COD2! He turned it down though (what an idiot). Every customer service rep was calling all the other CC's around the area asking how many they had, and no one seemed to know what the fuck was going on. I couldn't believe what a clusterfuck it was. You would think that they would brief their people, considering there were tons of customers in the store buying the game. It saddened me that I was the only one buying the PS3 version, though. Oh, well.

Went in to CC and to my dismay they had no copies of COD3 and I was like: Fudge this I'm gonna try PMing at BB. I was 90% sure it wouldn't work but I went up and ask the cashier and he's like "Yeah we can do that" So since BB was also giving out Behind Enemy Lines with the game, I got CoD 4 (new), CoD3 (new), and Behind Enemy Lines for 63.89.

I also got the COD3/4 deal price matched at Best Buy. They called CC to see if it was in stock and it wasn't but I had been very nice to the guy and he said since he was in such a good mood he'd hook me up.

My experience was not the greatest either, I went to a Circuit City in Mesa at 1:00p and I got there they were selling the last copy of COD3 and had plenty of COD4 left, I said can you check the store in Chandler, he said yeah and said they have 6 copies of COD3, I was like cool, race down there, get there at about 1:20p, and turns out the reason they had 6 is they were hiding them in customer service until 2p. So me and 5 others wait around the video games section until 2p and no employee or anyone mentions you have to go to customer service, I thought they were going to wheel them to the 360 section, nah instead they were directing people who were just walking in to customer service. So we go over there, luckily one of the guys who was waiting with me in the 360 section let me in front of him cause he was like "you were here before me so go ahead" and I got the last copy of COD3, and not the gold edition, but I felt bad cause the guy was cool and got screwed. Anyway when paying I tried to use the 10 BK coupon, they were cool with it except one problem, to fix the glitch they were charging 30.00 for COD3 and 29.99 for COD4, well this meant neither game was 39.99 or higher so I couldn't use the coupon, on top of that I gave the guy $70 and with all the coupon BS and that he forgot to give me my change and I didn't realize til I was down the road. Anyway because they charged me $30 for COD3 and I already own the non gold edition I think I'm going to try and return it for Tomb Raider Anniversary. Ugh horrible day.

As I was typing this I remembered the customer service were asking people if they wanted the COD3 (seemed weird to me that they would ask if people wanted a free item), I wonder if they are just charging 29.99 for COD4 since that's how its priced in their system.. hrmm, has anyone tried just purchasing COD4?

all the stores in sacramento were sold out at 2pm. lines of people waiting @ roseville and Sunrise. CoD4 isn't ringing up @ 29.99, its a SKU package.

Yep, typical Circuit City bait and switch for me too. I got there a few minutes before 2 and when I asked for COD3/4 the sales guy went to the back and brought up COD4 and said they didn't have any copies of COD3 and there weren't any in corporate inventory so no more would be coming in.

I complained that this was false advertising to the manager and he stubbornly insisted that the ad said "while supplies last". He didn't seem to get the point that I was the first customer there and there were no supplies to begin with which is false advertising. This is why I hate buying anything from CC.

In my local store (Nashville/Franklin-TN), Turns out that they only had ONE COPY of COD3 so lucky me.. The wife was the first person in line at 1:50, so I got the only deal at this store.

She said there were alot of unhappy people in that place. I'm not surprised at all. CC sucks! Just glad they sucked today to everyone but me.

I checked the receipt when she got home and looks like they just tossed COD3 in the bag and never rang it up. What a screwed up retailer.

went to CC today after 2 and was told there was some problem with UPS and they didn't have COD 4 so i went to the game section spotted the 3 COD3s they had and hide one behind some random games. Going back tommorrow, thought about doing that if they don't have the game at 2 you get a gift card, but didn't see it in the ad and didn't want to bring it up and be "that customer"

I went to the CC in Hilltop and I too found they had no copies of CoD3. But when I went up to the service desk, the girl there gave me a rain check because she claimed that they didn't even send any copies of CoD3 in the first place. They also were out of posters, but I bought CoD4 anyways and I should hopefully get a call soon about CoD3.

First location, no COD3 left, they claimed (supposedly they had some at 2:00) but they gave me COD2 free.

Second location, they said they had no COD3 left, either, but I found one on the shelf. They said they had 3 to begin with. No way to run a nationally advertised promo, I'd think they'd have at least 15-20 per store, if not more. They're not laptops, after all.

Anyway:
COD4, COD3, and COD2 for $20 each
or
COD4 and COD2 for $15 each

Which would you do? Is COD3 worth $30?

Man, I just got back from CC and they truly are The Shitty. They actually started the sell a little early at about 1:40pm, but there were like 20-30 ppl there wanting CoD4 already and it literally took them 45 minutes to get them to sell me a copy of CoD3 and 4 due to problems they had with the registers. I think the clerks were either complete idiots or they were already aware of The Glitch (see another thread) and were trying to figure out some way to ring us up for both games @ $60. Only 14 customers got either the Gold or GH version of CoD3 and the rest were given rainchecks. There was even some confusion that the managers might give out giftcards in lieu of the game, but that didn't pan out.

Anyway, I got lucky and was given one of the last copies of CoD3, but the girl at the register couldn't cash me out for some reason and sent me to a different register where I waited in another long, slow line. I ended up going through 3 different registers and the last guy ended up charging me a penny for CoD3, just to get a manual transaction to work! I'm not really pissed about paying a penny so much as the principle of it and the fact that I blew my whole lunch hour away due to CC's terrible service. Serves me right for going there, I guess. :p

Such a mess for me as well... went during my break... first there was a line of about 5 of us, so i was like ok, enough CoD to go around. Then the first guy couldnt get the deal to ring up so they ended up taking 15 off each game so it rang as one game. (COD 3 was ringing up as 30). Anyways, the kids in front of the line pick up 3 copies each. I'm like well.. thanks.. so we get so I'm next in line... I hear.. sorry out of COD3.. so i rush back to the games section.... find a copy behind Fantastic 4... and rush back and get it. Whole ordeal took 40 minutes..... pain in the sas. :p

It was another Super Paper Mario SNAFU at my local CC. Plenty of COD4, no COD3. Wasn't worth the effort or gas to try the other CC's in area. Went across the street to Target for the gift card.

"Five bucks? Where'd you get five bucks? I want five bucks!" -Lisa Simpson

It seems like that for the money CC spent on the 1 sqare inch of advertising space that it would mean "something" to them .. ie.. ROI. Which brings me to the point.. I wonder if there is actually ANYONE in the corporate management chain with CC that really gives a rat's-ass what the perception of this store really is. I'm not a kid who buys a game every few months.. I have quite an annual electronic expenditure for my household. Everytime I go to a CC, it's PAINFULL! For crying out loud... are they intentionally "Trying" to go bankrupt? I can't imagine running a business like these monkeys do.

aarrggg!

I am lucky to have a CC nearby and got CoD3 Gold on Friday. Got there around 2:15 the clerk actually knew what she was doing. That was a surprise!! I was price adjusted and on my way in about 10 min. Keep the deals coming CC.

bread's done
Back