Sunday vs. Magazine - 3D Manga fighter from Konami - Demon Eyes Kyo vs. Inuyasha!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
Sunday x Magazine: Shuuketsu! Choujou Daikessen!
Sundayxmagazinecover.jpg

Official Website
Konami announced Sunday x Magazine (Sunday cross Magazine) for the PSP. It's a 3D traditional fighting game featuring characters taken from manga series serialized in two publications: Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday and Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. This is the third crossover game announced to celebrate the 50th anniversary of both publications; the other two, a baseball game and a Detective Conan/Kindaichi Case Files crossover adventure, were announced for the DS. Most of the series featured in the game have been confirmed on the official web site, so you could have match-ups like Hajime no Ippo vs. Ashita no Joe, Air Gear vs. Cromartie High School, Inuyasha vs. Negima!, Cyborg 009 vs. Project ARMs, etc.
Promotional Trailer

Playable characters confirmed in the trailer (29 out of 30); taken from a post at GameFAQs:
Ippo Makunouchi - Hajime no Ippo
Mamoru Takamura - Hajime no Ippo
Ikki Minami - Air Gear
Ringo Noyamano (Croissant Mask) - Air Gear
Natsu Dragneel - Fairy Tail
Lucy Heartphilia - Fairy Tail
Yoshimori Sumimura - Kekkaishi
Tokine Yukimura - Kekkaishi
Kenichi Shirahama - History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi
Miu Furinji - History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi
Shinichi Mechazawa - Cromartie High School
Negi Springfield - Negima!: Magister Negi Magi
InuYasha - InuYasha
Hayate Ayasaki - Hayate the Combat Butler
Kaoru Akashi - Absolutely Lovely Children
R the Android - Kyukyoku Choujin-R
Ban Mido - GetBackers
Shindou Koutarou - Koutarou Makari-tooru!
Demon Eyes Kyo - Samurai Deeper Kyo
Kosuke Ueki - Law of Ueki
Noboru Takizawa - Blazing Transfer Student
Ryo Takatsuki - Project ARMS
Aotsuki Ushio and Tora - Ushio and Tora
Devilman - Devilman
Tiger Mask - Tiger Mask
Cyborg 009 - Cyborg 009
Recca Hanabishi - Flame of Recca
Yaiba Kurogane - Legend of the Swordmaster Yaiba
Joe Yabuki - Ashita no Joe

There's also a crowd of support characters in the trailer from both series that have or do not have playable characters. An example of the former would be Kagome, Sango, and Miroku from Inuyasha, and an example of the latter would be Nozomu Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei.

Other topics about this news:
Shoryuken
NeoGAF

Stores:
Play-Asia

http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_29435.html
Manga series confirmed to be in the game:
Air Gear
Fairy Tail
Hajime no Ippo
Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler)
Inuyasha
Kekkaishi
Kyukyoku Chojin-R
Mahou Sensei Negima
Sakigake!! Cromartie High School
Shijō Saikyō no Deshi Kenichi (Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple)
Zettai Karen Children

From Latest scan:
Getbackers
Law of Ueki
Honoo no Tenkosei (Blazing Transfer Student)
Kotaro Makaritoru! (Kotaro Breakthrough)
ARMS
Samurai Deeper Kyo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am actually very excited about Kindaichi vs. Detective Conan as I am a huge fan of both series. Too bad the game isnt import friendly.

Looks like a lot of fun, and I have an unexplainable and possibly unhealthy love of Air Gear, so any love that series gets is always a plus.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Looks like a lot of fun, and I have an unexplainable and possibly unhealthy love of Air Gear, so any love that series gets is always a plus.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I like Air Gear, too, though I imagine the manga is a lot better.

Quite a bit of new info lately:
1. The Official Website is up.
2. The release date has been pushed back slightly to March 26th.
3. A magazine scan appeared recently with info about more characters (009, Tiger Mask, Devilman, etc.), along with gameplay info such as boss battles. A promotional image confirmed that some series will have two playable characters representing them (Takamura & Ippo for Hajime no Ippo, Ikki & Croissant Mask from Air Gear).
4. Finally, a trailer has appeared, confirming 29 out of the possible 30 playable characters (Going by how many "character select screen" spaces there are; 5 columns, 6 rows). It also showcased a crowd of support characters; most of which I didn't recognize. Kagome, Miroku, and Sango from Inuyasha were clearly visible, along with Nozomu Itoshiki from Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei. A higher-quality version of the trailer is available at the official site, but it's also up on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_60Uuagz5A

Here's a post from GameFAQs that lists the 29 playable characters confirmed in the trailer:
Ippo Makunouchi - Hajime no Ippo
Mamoru Takamura - Hajime no Ippo
Ikki Minami - Air Gear
Ringo Noyamano (Croissant Mask) - Air Gear
Natsu Dragneel - Fairy Tail
Lucy Heartphilia - Fairy Tail
Yoshimori Sumimura - Kekkaishi
Tokine Yukimura - Kekkaishi
Kenichi Shirahama - History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi
Miu Furinji - History's Strongest Disciple: Kenichi
Shinichi Mechazawa - Cromartie High School
Negi Springfield - Negima!: Magister Negi Magi
InuYasha - InuYasha
Hayate Ayasaki - Hayate the Combat Butler
Kaoru Akashi - Absolutely Lovely Children
R the Android - Kyukyoku Choujin-R
Ban Mido - GetBackers
Shindou Koutarou - Koutarou Makari-tooru!
Demon Eyes Kyo - Samurai Deeper Kyo
Kosuke Ueki - Law of Ueki
Noboru Takizawa - Blazing Transfer Student
Ryo Takatsuki - Project ARMS
Aotsuki Ushio and Tora - Ushio and Tora
Devilman - Devilman
Tiger Mask - Tiger Mask
Cyborg 009 - Cyborg 009
Recca Hanabishi - Flame of Recca
Yaiba Kurogane - Legend of the Swordmaster Yaiba
Joe Yabuki - Ashita no Joe

Just as a reminder, the game releases in Japan this week. Also, they've been updating the official web site with info about the game's modes, characters, and supports.

[quote name='Gden']Hey, I like Air Gear, too, though I imagine the manga is a lot better.[/quote]

Nooo actually. At first it goes beyond the anime within reasonable limits, but then some wierd sht hits the fan and I lost all interest in reading latest. If anime was 50 eps it would've been spot-on.

Game isn't THAT great aside from fan service that it does. Engine is clunky as hell and its not worth the friggin $60. Fighting is very linear too- you either block a huge chain or you get hit by a huge chain(pvp, comps here aren't that smart). I suggest those w cfw procure this title and those without, get it.

bread's done
Back