7. DANDESCHAIN - Shadow Of The Colossus PS2
21. sonicdescent - PSYCHONAUTS XBOX
8. CROWBB - Lord of The Rings The Third Age Gamecube
11. SONDERIAOM - Culdcept PS2
3. FLIPSIDE - Children of Mana DS
12. OUTRAGE - Fire Emblem I GBA
9. tnote827 - Touch Detective DS
19. MGRIFF - Mark Ecko's Getting Up LE Ps2

The Winners will be contacting each of you shortly to let you know where to send their games. Congrats again to the big winners!!!
------------------------------------------
HIGH STAKES POOL:

First Quarter - Desiboi1992
Halftime - Desiboi1992
Third Quarter - Kell
FINAL SCORE - Prepster

----------------------------------------------
THE POOLS ARE NOW CLOSED!!! ALL DRAWS HAVE BEEN POSTED! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING!!!

9:34 PM 02/01/07
- NOTICE To keep everything on the up and up, this will be the last edit of the OP, it will under no circumstances be edited further. Prizes and spots are now locked in! Have fun watching the game, i hope we have lots of winners!
---------------------------------------------
TRADE POOL OVERVIEW:

We will have a standard 25 slot pool as such (Numbers and slots will be randomized):

.......................................COLTS.........................................
__________[1,8]__
______[3,6]_________[9,2]_________[4,7]_________[5,0]_______
B_[9,4]__|____________|___________
|____________|_____X______|____________|
E_[6,0]__|____________|___________|____________|____________|____________|
A_[2,7]__|____________|___________|____________|____________|____________|
R_[1,5]__|____________|___________|____________|____________|____________|
S_[3,8]__|____________|___________|____________|____________|____________|

In this kind of pool, you have to match up the last digit of each team's score on the grid.

So let's say that the score was Colts 17 Bears 14, You would look on the grid for 7 on the colts side and 4 on the bears side, the space where those two numbers meet would be the winning space and if your name is in that space, you win! I've put an X in that space for reference.

But instead of playing for cash, we play for games.

To get a slot on the board, you have to pledge a game to the overall prize pool.

For example, If I were to pledge a copy of God of War, I would get a random spot on the grid, and then my game would go into the prize pool.

We'd wait for all the prizes to be pledged, and then draw for spots.

Watch the game, and then winners would be decided by the score of the actual game at the end of each quarter and the final score.

The prizes would then be given out as follows(EDITED 1/27):

Final Score Winner - 10 picks from the pool
Third Quarter Winner - 5 picks
Halftime Winner - 5 picks
First Quarter Winner - 5 picks

The FINAL SCORE WINNER WOULD GET THE FIRST FIVE PICKS FROM THE PRIZE POOL. After those picks are determined, the other prizes will be awarded in a draft style format:

Overall Winner_____1st Quarter Winner____HalfTime Winner____3rd Quarter Winner___
Pick #9......................Pick #8...........................Pick #7......................Pick #6.........................
Pick #10....................Pick #11.........................Pick #12....................Pick #13.......................
Pick #17....................Pick #16.........................Pick #15....................Pick #14.......................
Pick #18....................Pick #19.........................Pick #20....................Pick #21.......................
Pick #25....................Pick #24.........................Pick #23....................Pick #22.......................

Then each player in the pool would then ship out the winning player(s) games to them.

I hope that makes sense. Does it sound like fun? If you want to get in on this, please PM me your pledge game. I think we should limit it to one entry per person, and I suggest a minimum retail value of $20($40 for the High Stakes Pool), and no shitty games either, make them something you'd actually want to win.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POOL #2
CAGSBXLIPool3.jpg

PRIZE POOL:
1. OuTrAgE - (2,22,27,87) - Children of Mana (DS, Sealed)
2. tnote827 - (8,13,69,82) - Magical Starsign (DS)
3. Jedi1979 - (16,43,55,77) - Metal Saga (PS2, Sealed)
4. briansraregames - (9,11,28,99) - Castlevania Double Pack (GBA) OR Breath of Fire III (PSP)
5. javeryh - (1,12,23,34) - Metroid Prime Hunters (DS)
6. sarausagi - (5,7,29,57) - Gun (Xbox 360)
7. schuerm26 - (30,42,65,76) - Tekken Ultimate Arcade Stick Collection OR a Dreamcast System with vmu and controller + some games (2k series games).
8. kell - (18,47,62,84) - Steambot Chronicles (Sealed)
9. crowbb - (51,52,53, 54) - Sword of Mana (GBA, Sealed)
10. killswitch64 - (14, 31, 56, 93) - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC)
11. Dandeschain - (35,59,72,91) - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PS2) AND La Pucelle Tactics (PS2)
12. RandyTsai - (6,17,24,50) - Yoshi Touch & Go (DS, Sealed)
13. H-Town Info - (4,25,32,100) - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)
14. thesilentshadow30 - (20,44,64,86) - Nintendogs: Dachshund (DS) OR NanoStray (DS)
15. sixersballernum3 - (3,39,67,85) - Need for Speed Underground 2 (DS)
16. Mattte - (70,79,88,97) - Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360)
17. iheartmetal - (26,37,48,95) - Yoshi's Island 2 (DS) OR Trace Memory (DS)
18. JJSP - (15,46,71,98) - 1600 Marketplace Points (Xbox 360)
19. goatindaruffness - (19,36,78,83) - Transformers (PS2) OR Wario World (GC)
20. Johnny Postman - (38,74,81,92) - THAW:CE (PS2, Sealed) OR Katamari Damacy (PS2, Sealed) OR War of the Monsters (PS2, Sealed) OR R-Type Final (PS2, Sealed)
21. Whambamm - (33,49,61,66) - Samurai Warriors: State of War (PSP, Sealed) AND Phantom Brave (PS2, Sealed)
22. Supreme - (21,45,80,94) - SOCOM 3 (PS2, Sealed) AND Devil May Cry (PS2)
23. k8s - (10,40,60,90) - Tony Hawk Underground Remix 2 (PSP - Complete)
24. zionoverfire - (41,58,68,96) - WarioWare: Touched (DS, Sealed) OR Dead Rising (Xbox 360)
25. getmeoutofjoliet - (63,73,75,89) - 1600 Marketplace Points (Xbox 360)
---------------------------------------------
POOL #1 IS CLOSED, HERE'S THE DRAW(Thanks to OuTrAgE for the graphic):

POOL #1
CAGSuperBowlXLIPool.jpg

PRIZE POOL:
1. BRIANSRAREGAMES - LOCO ROCO OR DUNGEON SEIGE PSP
2. JEDI1979 - ATELIER IRIS 2 PS2
3. FLIPSIDE - Children of Mana DS
4. THE SILENTSHADOW30 - Mario & Luigi GBA
5. SCHUERM26 - TEKKEN 5 ARCADE STICK COLLECTION OR STREET FIGHTER ARCADE STICK OR A Dreamcast System
6. MILLERTIME2535 - New Super Mario Bros DS OR Mario Kart DS
7. DANDESCHAIN - Shadow Of The Colossus PS2
8. CROWBB - Lord of The Rings The Third Age Gamecube
9. tnote827 - Touch Detective DS
10. maccabee72 - Outrun 2006 PSP MC
11. SONDERIAOM - Culdcept PS2
12. OUTRAGE - Fire Emblem I GBA
13. CRAVEN_FIEND - Trauma Center DS
14. CSIDEGAMER - Dragon Quest Rocket Slime DS
15. sarausagi - Table Tennis XB360
16. JAVERYH - Kirby Squeak Squad DS
17. ajh2298 - Ridge Racer 6 XB360
18. robzilla - Poenix Wright Ace Attorney DS
19. MGRIFF - Mark Ecko's Getting Up LE Ps2
20. MATTTE - Katamari Damacy PS2
21. sonicdescent - PSYCHONAUTS XBOX
22. QPID - The Outfit XB360
23. H-Town Info - Fire Emblem POR Gamecube
24. captmurphy - Metroid Prime Hunters DS
25. BigHow - Final Fantasy XI w/HDD PS2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HIGH STAKES POOL:
CAGHIGHSTAKESPOOL.jpg

PRIZE POOL:
1. Flipside - Monkey Ball Banana Blitz Wii
2. Mattte - Saints Row XB360
3. Captmurphy - Viva Pinata XB360
4. HakFoo - We Love Katamari PS2 AND Battalion Wars Cube both sealed
5. Rowe - Dead Rising XB360
6. The Fresh Prince - Naruto 3 IMPORT Cube
7. Kell - Champions Return To Arms PS2 New
8. Briansraregames - Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 2 Wii OR Final Fantasy XI XB360 + Wired Pelican Controller
9. Walt Jay - Disgaea Hour Of Darkness NEW
10. Romis - Gun Showdown PSP
11. Jedi1979 - Grandia III PS2 & Call of Duty 2 BRO XBOX
12. Whammbamm - Casltevania Symphony of the Night PS1
13. OuTrAgE - Rez Ps2
14. thater - Dungeon Siege, PQ, & Smart Bomb PSP
15. Sarausagi - Official Nintendo Wii Component Video Cables
16. Desiboi1992 - 1 GB PSP Memory Stick OR Selection of 2 PSP games (see post #142)
17. k8s - $40 store credit from Ebgames.com
18. mgriff - Super Mario Bros Game & Watch
19. Iheartmetal - Viva Pinata XB360 OR Excite Truck Wii
20. ZForce915 - Gunpey DS AND Final Fantasy Chronicles PSX

21. Doraemonkerpal - PS1 Lot: Final Fantasy VIII, Wild Arms, and Koudelka
22. Swetooth9 - IQ Mania PSP Import
23. Prepster - Metal Slug Anthology Wii
24. Starmask2k3 -
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XB360 OR Echanted Arms XB360 OR Limited Edition Gamecrazy XB360 Faceplate
25. maccabee72 - Metal Gear Portable Ops PSP

I'm game. PM coming soon.

Quick question, what if the person that wains the final score total, wins every quarter? Meaning that the only scoring was done in the first quarter?

Here's something I whipped up real quick to better help us keep track of everything.

CAGSBXLIPool2.jpg

I also threw out a couple ideas.

1) Do 100 blocks instead of 25. I know we won't be able to get 100 people, so I thought we could award more blocks to the more valuable games. We could use ebay as a rough value, then $10 = 2 blocks, $20 = 4 blocks, $30 = 6 blocks, ect. We could put a limit of 10 blocks per person... but I doubt many people will want to give up a $50 game.

2) We let people pick the number(s) they want to be spotted then we fill in the numbers for the scores after we're full.

[quote name='briansraregames']
Final Score Winner - 10 picks from the pool
Third Quarter Winner - 5 picks
Halftime Winner - 5 picks
First Quarter Winner - 5 picks

The FINAL SCORE WINNER WOULD GET FIRST DIBS ON THE PRIZE POOL, and then the other three winners would take turns picking their games.
[/QUOTE]

Since the 3rd Qtr,Halftime and 1st qtr winners are all equal, who picks first(Im assuming randomly)? And after you determine that, I think the fair way is to do the picking is fantasy draft style.
So assuming you have 3 different winners, and you determined that Halftime winner will pick first, 1st qtr winner pick 2nd and 3rd Qtr winner picks 3rd then they will pick like this:

Half time winner gets pick 01,06,07,12,13
1st Qtr Winner gets pick 02,05,08,11,14
3rd Qtr Winner gets pick 03,04,09,10,15

Anyone who has played fantasy sports know what I mean

Great format OuTrAgE and nice ideas...Seems like quite a few people are sending PMs...when are we going to get an update of who's in and what's available?

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I also threw out a couple ideas.

1) Do 100 blocks instead of 25. I know we won't be able to get 100 people, so I thought we could award more blocks to the more valuable games. We could use ebay as a rough value, then $10 = 2 blocks, $20 = 4 blocks, $30 = 6 blocks, ect. We could put a limit of 10 blocks per person... but I doubt many people will want to give up a $50 game.

2) We let people pick the number(s) they want to be spotted then we fill in the numbers for the scores after we're full.[/QUOTE]

Idea #1 can complicate things specially when the other winners start picking their games.. so on a 100 blocks you essentially have $500 worth of games that will probably have a mix and match for games from $10-$50.

I just figured the winners could take turns picking the prizes.

IMO, the final score is the most important. Thus, that will be first place. Second place will be the halftime score. Third and Fourth place would be the first quarter and third quarter scores.

Then, we could do 1 (first place),2,3,4,1,2,4,3,1,2,3,4, ect.
OR 1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,4,3, ect. if people think that would be better.

[quote name='FlipSide']Since the 3rd Qtr,Halftime and 1st qtr winners are all equal, who picks first(Im assuming randomly)? And after you determine that, I think the fair way is to do the picking is fantasy draft style.
So assuming you have 3 different winners, and you determined that Halftime winner will pick first, 1st qtr winner pick 2nd and 3rd Qtr winner picks 3rd then they will pick like this:

Half time winner gets pick 01,06,07,12,13
1st Qtr Winner gets pick 02,05,08,11,14
3rd Qtr Winner gets pick 03,04,09,10,15

Anyone who has played fantasy sports know what I mean[/quote]

I like that Idea. Good one!

I'm definitely in, just waiting until we figure out what we're doing exactly so I know how valuable of a game I wanna give up. :)

Also, are you going with my idea of letting people pick their spots, then filling in the numbers after?

Hmmm...something wrong with what I pmed you with?

Didn't add me to the list:cry:

Edit: added me to OTT list but not this one...does that mean I'm in???:D

[quote name='OuTrAgE']I'm definitely in, just waiting until we figure out what we're doing exactly so I know how valuable of a game I wanna give up. :)

Also, are you going with my idea of letting people pick their spots, then filling in the numbers after?[/quote]

Ok, I'll put you down with a TBA next to your name.

Regarding the picking of spots, I really think that it should be completely random, what if two people want space 21 or whatever? How would we go about choosing who gets it?

I'd really like to keep it how it is.

ONE MORE THING:

I have a few people who want in, but their games are less than $20 at most places.

Should they be let in?

Time Splitters Future Perfect XBOX
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Gamecube

Please Post if there are any problems with these entries, if I get two nay votes, they'll have to put up something else.

Also, please post if you think any of the so far donated games are unfair.

[quote name='briansraregames']Ok, I'll put you down with a TBA next to your name.

Regarding the picking of spots, I really think that it should be completely random, what if two people want space 21 or whatever? How would we go about choosing who gets it?

I'd really like to keep it how it is.[/QUOTE]

I just figured first come first serve...

I'm in.

Are we going for all different games?
or a duplicates ok?

How about a combo of two game to equal a decent value?

EDIT: How about Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for DS?

[quote name='csidegamer']I'm in.

Are we going for all different games?
or a duplicates ok?

How about a combo of two game to equal a decent value?

EDIT: How about Dragon Quest Rocket Slime for DS?[/quote]
That would work. Can I put you down?

[quote name='briansraregames']ONE MORE THING:

I have a few people who want in, but their games are less than $20 at most places.

Should they be let in?

Time Splitters Future Perfect XBOX
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Gamecube

Please Post if there are any problems with these entries, if I get two nay votes, they'll have to put up something else.

Also, please post if you think any of the so far donated games are unfair.[/QUOTE]

Just stick with your rule $20 min value, your an Ebay man..you know value of games :) you can decide if their worthy of a spot or not...

This is an awesome idea, and I wish everybody the best of luck. I think the best way to have square numbers would be randomly generated, with all of us taking your word that you are being completely unbiased. Get ten playing cards, A-10, draw them in order, slap them on paper, and there you have it.

[quote name='tnote827']This is an awesome idea, and I wish everybody the best of luck. I think the best way to have square numbers would be randomly generated, with all of us taking your word that you are being completely unbiased. Get ten playing cards, A-10, draw them in order, slap them on paper, and there you have it.[/quote]

I'm just going to draw names out of a hat and fill the chart out in the order picked. That seems the simplest way to do it for me.

count me in, I don't have anything i can definetely pledge yet, but I will in the next day or two and then i'll let you know, my feedback speaks for itself

[quote name='briansraregames']I'm just going to draw names out of a hat and fill the chart out in the order picked. That seems the simplest way to do it for me.[/quote]

To be honest, I would really prefer if new numbers were drawn. I mean, the 1,0 and 4,7 squares are extremely favorable. 4 of the best 5 numbers are in the same squares, for both teams, making that person's chances much better of having a winning quarter.

[quote name='tnote827']To be honest, I would really prefer if new numbers were drawn. I mean, the 1,0 and 4,7 squares are extremely favorable. 4 of the best 5 numbers are in the same squares, for both teams, making that person's chances much better of having a winning quarter.[/quote]

I agree. Everything should be completely random so everyone has the same chance of winning. You should randomly pick numbers 0-9 for the top and side. One box that has 4 and 7 for both teams is overwhelmingly unfair to the rest of the board. Too bad we can't get a proper 10x10 board going - that would be some craziness - imagine getting 50 packages sent to your house if you won!

If you decide to reorder the board to be random then count me in for Kirby's Squeak Squad (DS).

[quote name='tnote827']To be honest, I would really prefer if new numbers were drawn. I mean, the 1,0 and 4,7 squares are extremely favorable. 4 of the best 5 numbers are in the same squares, for both teams, making that person's chances much better of having a winning quarter.[/quote]
Will do. I've also tweaked the prize distribution section as well, now the winner would get the first five overall picks instead of the first ten. Let me know what you guys think.

Sounds good. And that list of prizes is looking pretty damn awesome.

I think I am going to throw in Galleon (Xbox) if it fits the bill of greater than $20. I'm not for sure on it, but I'll know by Monday for sure.

[quote name='briansraregames']Will do. I've also tweaked the prize distribution section as well, now the winner would get the first five overall picks instead of the first ten. Let me know what you guys think.[/quote]

Looks good! This is going to be fun. Now I might actually enjoy the game even though the New York Football Giants (the greatest team in the history of organized sports, God's team, if you will ;)) aren't in it.

I definitely agree with this. In any superbowl pool I've ever been in, people just put their names in a random box and it was actually the numbers that were drawn after all the boxes were filled up.

Also, the new prize distribution looks much better!

This should be a lot of fun!!:D

[quote name='craven_fiend']Sounds good. And that list of prizes is looking pretty damn awesome.

I think I am going to throw in Galleon (Xbox) if it fits the bill of greater than $20. I'm not for sure on it, but I'll know by Monday for sure.[/quote]

Galleon probably wouldn't make the cut given it's only about $10 Shipped on ebay at the moment. We'd probably need something a little better, especially given the high quality of the other games in the prize pool so far.

Thanks for starting this up Briansraregames, but one other thing we may want to consider:

I can tell from your Ebay feedback and feedback here that you are an honest guy, but it may be more ethical to have an outside party such as cheapyd, Shrike, or another mod randomly pick the numbers after all the boxes are filled. That's the way it's usually been in other pools I've been in to avoid any controversy.....just something to consider.

[quote name='briansraregames']Galleon probably wouldn't make the cut given it's only about $10 Shipped on ebay at the moment. We'd probably need something a little better, especially given the high quality of the other games in the prize pool so far.[/quote]
Alright, so how about Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS)?

If Galleon isn't going to make it (which I agree it shouldn't) you might want to toss out Lord of The Rings The Third Age for the Cube also.

On a side note, this was a GREAT idea. Start thinking about a march madness style one of these (could be set up through Yahoo or something). I for one would be in.

bread's done
Back