Super Contra coming to XBLA

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Got this in an e-mail from Konami
[quote name='Konami']SUPER CONTRA HEADED TO XBOX LIVE® ARCADE - cont.
Inspired by sci-fi classics of the 80's like Aliens and Predator, Super Contra tells the grim story of the second alien invasion stopped by the relentless super-soldiers Bill Rizer and Lance Bean. This time the enemy has infested the elite GX Army unit in South America, forcing Lance and Bill to turn on their own former comrades.

Similar in terms of gameplay to its classic forebear, Contra, Super Contra earned an immortal place in gamers' hearts by upping the difficulty and skill required to finish. Once again, players must battle through a series of stunning 2D levels that scroll through the action from a variety of perspectives. If Contra was the height of the run n' gun genre, then Super Contra was its magnum opus.

While little information about how Super Contra will come to Live Arcade has been released as of yet, Konami fans are already excited. Keep your eyes peeled for more announcements about Super Contra and other upcoming Konami games for Xbox® Live Arcade.[/QUOTE]

I havent even really touched contra, and know it wasnt well recieved, but still got hopes for this.

I can't wait. I know a lot of people are vocal in hating on the game, but plenty of people around here seem to have it show up in their gamer profile so the hate isn't stopping people from playing it. I played the hell out of the first and definately got my 400 points worth out of it.

Good news. I throughly enjoyed Contra as a "free" title, and would have easily paid the 400 points if were not free by a certain date.

Bad news will be if Konami has another co-op breaking glitch over Live. Basically before if you entered first/did something odd after clearing the first area before the tunnel your opponent would act real wierd. Then after awhile your opponent would say things like "Would you fucking move?" and then he would say "Why are you jumping like that?" and then you would both come to the realization that your ally is merely being controled by brain dead AI and that you've encountered the worst glitch over Live. Sooner or later the game would boot the both of you back to the lobby, so you had a 0% chance of beating the game after encountering the glitch.

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but until I realized how to avoid the glitch the online portion of Contra was unplayable. BTW this was back in mid-March, many months after the game has been out, and it was not yet fixed. Many people encountered this "glitch" and Konami did nothing to fix it.

[quote name='defiance_17']Four more...S.T.F.U.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I can't wait for this come out also. I spent 3 days awhile back playing Contra and was able to finish the entire game several times and crack the top 100 on the Leaderboards.

bread's done
Back