Super Famicom...?

phoenix529

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Just picked up a Super Famicom in box w/instructions, one controller, and FFVI (cartridge) for $40. The guy can get it to power on but it won't display anything. The TV DOES recognize it, because he said when he powers it on, the screen flashes interference, and his RF adapter looks like this:
!BV70oB!!2k~$(KGrH$$$$kMEjlLmT(phBKU+knmBmw~~_1.JPG

I figure (a slight gamble here) his (my) SFC works just perfectly with a nice new N64 AV cable.

What do you guys think?

How did I do?

if you want one for your collection that's cool, but $40 on a "maybe it works" is a little steep. in general, the games are borderline worthless in the US and can be played easily in a US system with a very simple modification, so the only reason to pay a premium to own a Fami is so one can say "i have one". (that's why i bought mine!)

however, considering that bizarre excuse for an RF adapter, odds are probably in your favor that it'll work with a composite cable.

Mostly it's so I can say I have one, but I was going to buy an extra Super(mine's a Mini and I don't wanna go breaking things off of it) just to play Super Fami games, and the Super Fami(IN the box) was cheaper.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'm surprised nobody here has said this yet, but your N64 A/V cables will work just fine on the Super Famicom.[/QUOTE]

i did. i just didn't specifically refer to them as "N64 a/v cables":

[quote name='allyourblood']however, considering that bizarre excuse for an RF adapter, odds are probably in your favor that it'll work with a composite cable.[/quote]

And I already knew they are compatible, I'm just hoping that the SFC is in a good-enough condition that slapping some good A/V cables in is the fix.

Received it Friday!

Hooked it up and it worked flawlessly!

Have you guys ever seen a SFC controller in person though?

The cable's abou two and a half feet long. That's it.

But yeah, the console and FFVI both work without a hitch.

[quote name='phoenix529']
Have you guys ever seen a SFC controller in person though?

The cable's abou two and a half feet long. That's it.[/QUOTE]

congratulations!

yeah, those controllers are short. for anyone that hasn't seen them side-by-side, here's one of mine with an SNES pad for comparison:

snessfc.jpg

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']At least they detach! Break a Famicom controller, and you might as well get yourself a new one.[/QUOTE]

that's what a soldering iron is for, my friend. ;)

(i have a Twin Famicom and they're about as short as this one)

bread's done
Back