Super Fighter Thread 9x Turbo Final Edition! (Fighter Thread 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI2 has me real excited, I dont know if its the anime or just the anticipation of them cleaning up the mistakes of the last one.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I love this picture of Billy Kane from KOF Max Impact:

billy.jpg

The game is looking "nice", but will it play "nice"? Here's a link to some recent pics if you're intrested:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0602/game060212b.shtml[/QUOTE]

What were your thoughts on KOF: Maximum Impact? I really didnt like it too much... The voice overs and A.I. were awful, and I could never really get into the game. I enjoyed Street Fighter EX3 more as a 2D-to-3D jump, mostly because it still played alot like the original game.

Funny thing that you talk about KoFMI... about an hour ago I was playing it with some veterans of KoF... and the damn game is broken, but not horribly. It's a great start for a transition to 3d really.

I think the game can go nowhere but up.

One thing i do say is that it seems that billy kane looks ALOT younger than in the 2d games... he looks 20 in that pic...

plus i really hate what they did to ralf's hair...

I was about to pick up KOF MI Maniax for the Xbox in the Tru $10 game sale. I plan to try it out this weekend. I mainly got it because it was cheap and I've been looking for a new 3-D fighter since completing Soul Calibur 3. I'm not expecting it to be VF4 or Tekken5 but it will be cool to use Rock Howard in 3-D.

[quote name='Rozz']What were your thoughts on KOF: Maximum Impact? I really didnt like it too much... The voice overs and A.I. were awful, and I could never really get into the game. I enjoyed Street Fighter EX3 more as a 2D-to-3D jump, mostly because it still played alot like the original game.[/QUOTE]

I liked the game. But like you said Voices and A.I. sucked. But I enjoyed seeing KOF make the 3D transition. The music was great. I really didn't like any of the new characters. And the combo system was too much, didn't feel like a KOF game at all.

Guile - Good matches in SamShoV last night, sorry I couldn't talk, I'm in the process of moving and I packed my headset away.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I liked the game. But like you said Voices and A.I. sucked. But I enjoyed seeing KOF make the 3D transition. The music was great. I really didn't like any of the new characters. And the combo system was too much, didn't feel like a KOF game at all.

Guile - Good matches in SamShoV last night, sorry I couldn't talk, I'm in the process of moving and I packed my headset away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good to play against you. :) My headset is half broken anyway so its no big deal.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I liked the game. But like you said Voices and A.I. sucked. But I enjoyed seeing KOF make the 3D transition. The music was great. I really didn't like any of the new characters. And the combo system was too much, didn't feel like a KOF game at all.

Guile - Good matches in SamShoV last night, sorry I couldn't talk, I'm in the process of moving and I packed my headset away.[/QUOTE]

I dug Alba alot, with a little tweaking he could be a monster

one other plus for KoF Max Impact is the additional costumes... yes some are pretty crappy, but it's great to see Falcoons variations on some characters for a change as well as the costumes from other SNK games (one of Rock's costumes is from Last Blade).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']one other plus for KoF Max Impact is the additional costumes... yes some are pretty crappy, but it's great to see Falcoons variations on some characters for a change as well as the costumes from other SNK games (one of Rock's costumes is from Last Blade).[/QUOTE]

I also thought the costumes were unique. Ralf's was pretty cool. Alot of little extras, like Kyo's "prototype" outfit, and like you said Rock's Kaede from Last Blade outfit.

Kuma - I agree that Alba was probably the coolest of the new characters, but he seemed like an "everything" guy meaning (like Rock) he's got alittle of everything from counters, projectile, throws, and anti air. Not that that's a bad thing.

And I just saw the 3 episodes from the KOF anime. Very cool, just wish they were longer. I loved Billy and Rocks fight scene, Billy kicks so much ass.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I also thought the costumes were unique. Ralf's was pretty cool. Alot of little extras, like Kyo's "prototype" outfit, and like you said Rock's Kaede from Last Blade outfit.

Kuma - I agree that Alba was probably the coolest of the new characters, but he seemed like an "everything" guy meaning (like Rock) he's got alittle of everything from counters, projectile, throws, and anti air. Not that that's a bad thing.

And I just saw the 3 episodes from the KOF anime. Very cool, just wish they were longer. I loved Billy and Rocks fight scene, Billy kicks so much ass.[/QUOTE]

I just started to download the KoF animes aswe speak. I look forward to the billy fight... any list of who apears in the anime? is yamazaki, K', or maxima in it?

also... good stuff:
http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=14946

The Zangief is prob the coolest of them all IMHO due to the insane facial expression...

episode 1 was:

Alba, Soiree, Iori, Mai, and Athena

Episode 2 was:

Rock, Terry, Billy, and that blonde asassin chick from MI

Episode 3 was:
K', Maxima, Kula, Whip, Ralf, Clark, Leona, and Heidern

Episode 4 will be released the first week of march

Yes Tekken Dark Resurrection!

Wonder why it's not called Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection?

Here's hoping the PS3 Tekken title is going to have some type of connectivity with the PSP game!

Tekken PSP Dark Resurrection and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection...

Btw, T5DR comes out to ARCADES this week!

Talk to your arcade managers and tell them to get the upgrade asap!

[quote name='MarkMan']

Talk to your arcade managers and tell them to get the upgrade asap![/QUOTE]

Really? My arcade has had this for months, marquee and all. Japanese upgrade perhaps?

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes Tekken Dark Resurrection!

Wonder why it's not called Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection?

Here's hoping the PS3 Tekken title is going to have some type of connectivity with the PSP game!

Tekken PSP Dark Resurrection and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection...

Talk to your arcade managers and tell them to get the upgrade asap![/QUOTE]

wtf? well, from what Zaibatsu says, it aint official yet. I'm kinda iffy on it since PSP's potential hasn't totally been shown yet (though, GTALCS shows how well it can stand up actually...). If it's true I actually hope they also do it for PS2, then work on TTT2 for PS3 instead... I'm just scared the d-pad will ruin the experience...

EDIT: NVM... checked forums and official announcement thread there prooved it's real. I'm happy either way actually... here's screens >_< (i shall bust a nut from here on out)

1140014273599.jpg

EDIT 2: if you want to read up on it, this thread is probably the best place to start (i posted there in my new user profile for Zaibatsu...):

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2412359#post2412359

[quote name='evanft']I WANT TEKKEN 5 DR ON PS2 GOD DAMMIT!!!

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Seems like that's most people's complaint. IMHO I think namco should release this on PSP then a month later have it out for console... kinda like what's being done with GTA:LCS. I posted on zaibatsu about this.

portable Tekken 5, that's just fanfuckingtastic! i can't wait.

more developers need to take chances on stuff like this-- the psp has so much potential!

Eh, I dont know if it would be such a great idea to release Tekken DR on PS2 after the PSP version.... Rockstar's doing LBS on PS2 because of their dissappointing financial results last season.

i would just have a version I can afford than just an arcade version. I'm just glad they are actually doing it. I say set aside your judgement until their have at least been a few hands on reports... ie. E3 will probably be when Namco truely showcases the game.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Really? My arcade has had this for months, marquee and all. Japanese upgrade perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing your arcade is Cyberstation. If so that is the US Beta and it probably might be the final one right now. The Namco arcade uses it as a test arcade. Even when T5 was out in the arcades.

Namco Ltd. is located in Chicago afterall.

... damn... i think the game will be looking alot better than most people think. As long as they put in all the new custom items (with physics) this game will prob be the killer ap for the PSP.

Namco has spoiled me with Progressive Scan and 5.1 digital surround, this is a bit of a step down from that. ON the other hand, having a portable Tekken would be right up there with Sex and Crack Cocaine

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm guessing your arcade is Cyberstation. If so that is the US Beta and it probably might be the final one right now. The Namco arcade uses it as a test arcade. Even when T5 was out in the arcades.

Namco Ltd. is located in Chicago afterall.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, sir. I know that Namco owns Cyberstation, I just never put it together. Silly me.

On that end, have you seen many people hauling their PS2 controllers to the arcade?
Never imagined that would be the controller of choice for...well, anyone...

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']You are correct, sir. I know that Namco owns Cyberstation, I just never put it together. Silly me.

On that end, have you seen many people hauling their PS2 controllers to the arcade?
Never imagined that would be the controller of choice for...well, anyone...[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to be down in puerto rico for the summer and I know their arcade will have T5DR (their owned by Namco, like your arcade) and I'll be bringing my controller to the arcade... I'm handicapped when playing an arcade stick. Once I can afford a stick (and i'm willing to buy one) I'll try to remove my handicap.

... I also gotta start upping my 2d fighters game... at least i've been improving slightly lately.

I think most people seem to have forgotten, and I think rodimus should keep this in the back of his mind, but KoF Max Impact 2 is suppose to be comming to the PSP... but who knows when. It was announced I think before the PSPs launch. Personally I think 3d fighers will work out better on the psp due to more focus on double tapping and button combination.

you have to open your psp and void the warranty. those plastic things basicly go under the psp buttons/d-pad so it makes the response alot better.

there is a simple way of doing it with an NES game cover the plastic one. just cut that out and put it under the psp d-pad and it works well too.

i would do it but i cant because of voiding the warranty. i have a 2 year on my psp so i cant waste that.

Also if anyone is interested there is a thread on the PSP Tekken game in the PSP forum.

evanft: It's better than nothing, but I would trade the PSP version for a home console version any day!

[quote name='111111']you have to open your psp and void the warranty. those plastic things basicly go under the psp buttons/d-pad so it makes the response alot better.

there is a simple way of doing it with an NES game cover the plastic one. just cut that out and put it under the psp d-pad and it works well too.

i would do it but i cant because of voiding the warranty. i have a 2 year on my psp so i cant waste that.[/QUOTE]

true, but from what the person in my link says, they say that the warranty wont be voided if you follow their instructions... anyone can confirm if this is true or works?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']true, but from what the person in my link says, they say that the warranty wont be voided if you follow their instructions... anyone can confirm if this is true or works?[/QUOTE]

unless their instructions include "put a hot blow dryer on the sticker for 3 minutes and carefully remove the warranty sticker" (which works), then I doubt they have a way to not void it (unless the thing is supposed to stick to the top)

[quote name='Apossum']unless their instructions include "put a hot blow dryer on the sticker for 3 minutes and carefully remove the warranty sticker" (which works), then I doubt they have a way to not void it (unless the thing is supposed to stick to the top)[/QUOTE]

Well, depending on if I get money this week or not i'll probably order the thing... I know I can just cut out my own mod, but I'm just too picky :lol: if I order and get it i'll let u guys know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back