Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

Reviews indicate Nintendo really didn't do nearly as much as they SHOULD have. Not sure I'll be getting it at least not right away. Will need to see a digital foundry vid on it first and more breakdowns.

I’m pretty happy these are emulated. I bet some smart hacker will get an N64, GC, and wii emulator made for switch or a far better one for PCs. Nintendo made an official emulator and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, you should really go back and play Odyssey again. You can platform your way around almost all of the "gimmicks" and it's awesome.
funny enough i finished replaying it day before yesterday. i know you can hop around a lot of the capture bits, i knew from the first playthrough, but thats really all youre doing is skipping, there isnt any alternate content there.

at least they decided to add in a test of your mario skills later on with balloon world

Your kids like Mario? Sorry, mine and everyone else's around here love Spider Man.

Any day of the week, Spider Man vs. Mario. Not even a contest. Many of the kids around don't even care or know who Mario is. They see him as the old school icon their parents like.

And again, you say no one cares when Sony and MS haven't even started their ad blitz. Your kids don't care now? Give it a few months and tell me that again come November.
Everyone loves Spider Man "Miles Morales"... said no true Spider Man man fan ever.

Everyone loves Spider Man "Miles Morales"... said no true Spider Man man fan ever.
Sure - that's why Into the Spider-Verse broke US box office records for a December release, and went on to beat its Disney competition to take the Academy Award for best animated feature.

But, according to all-wise doctorwolf - Spider Man fans don't want Miles Morales.

Okay, boomer.

The Miles Morales comic book run that I read was great and Into the Spiderverse was an excellent film so I look forward to seeing what they do with the character in this game.  

With the Miles Morales talk I thought this was the PS5 forum for a second.  On topic my Best Buy order of Super Mario 3D All Stars from BBY is supposed to be delivered tomorrow  :bouncy:

Whoo - looks like I got a actual arrival date now on my pre-order

LxDdFad.jpg

Any Gamestops allowing Mario 3D All Stars to be picked up to placate the "where's my ps5" crowd?  :booty:

Yeah, I never understand the mentality that gift card=discount
I call it "discount transference" - maybe they got the GC on discount... or spent $10 of multi-flipped Gamestop credit for a game that Amazon paid $25 credit for.

If its funny and its money, it doesn't show up on the credit card bill! :dunce:

I call it "discount transference" - maybe they got the GC on discount... or spent $10 of multi-flipped Gamestop credit for a game that Amazon paid $25 credit for.

I view all my GCs as cash even if I got a discount on them or as a gift. People make fun of me for waiting for a sale or coupon when using a GC. I guess that's just my level of cheapass-ness

I am familiar with Miles Morales just from Into the Spiderverse and Spider-Man on PS4. He was really likable in both
I grew up on Marvel comics during the 90s and am very anti-change... and even I was like, "shit, Miles is pretty fucking cool" in both Into the Spider-Verse and the PS4 game. I don't think I've heard anyone say they don't like how Marvel's handled the Miles Morales thing.

Got my shipping notice from BB earlier this morning... looks like it's going through UPS for this order and still shows it's expected to deliver tomorrow.  Once the tracking is live I'll know where it shipped from and how likely it'll actually be here tomorrow.

As for all the PS5 talk and MIles Morales... I think he's a pretty cool character and the game looks great.  I'm still hyped to play Sunshine again and maybe even finish Galaxy (I barely played the Wii as it was my kids system and I mostly played handheld systems).

I view all my GCs as cash even if I got a discount on them or as a gift. People make fun of me for waiting for a sale or coupon when using a GC. I guess that's just my level of cheapass-ness
I view gift cards as companies attempting to reintroduce paying people on company script instead of money. My wife had a “visa GC” that she used to buy an Amazon GC, and then add to her account. Except that she never would have redeemed the amazon credit to her account, it would have just been lost in her email forever, if I hadn’t forced her to add it to the account the next day.

I mean, she was going to end up spending money at amazon anyway, but turning money into Amazon credit just seemed foolish to me.

I view gift cards as companies attempting to reintroduce paying people on company script instead of money. My wife had a “visa GC” that she used to buy an Amazon GC, and then add to her account. Except that she never would have redeemed the amazon credit to her account, it would have just been lost in her email forever, if I hadn’t forced her to add it to the account the next day.

I mean, she was going to end up spending money at amazon anyway, but turning money into Amazon credit just seemed foolish to me.
Sometimes Visa/MC/AMX GCs are worse than store gift cards, especially online. Many online stores won't process them unless they cover the full cost of the purchase. I've got $.67 left on one that I had to use in person. If I have that little left on say a Gamestop GC, I can still use it online and pay the remainder with another GC or a credit card.

I got the gift cards from working out/exercising and submitting time for working out/exercising - I get points for that and can use points to get Amazon gift cards.

Its a program my workplace has been using - got tons of games free without actually spending money on prior to this purchase (only when they went on sale) - this is an exception because of the limited stock and time limit.

I dont usually shop at Amazon, only when I have gift cards.

I've never bought anything from Gamestop - had two bad experiences years ago when I went to look for something and never went back.

Some dude was streaming super Mario 64 from the new collection. I guess I paid $50 for super Mario sunshine. 😐

GS wouldn't sell me my Mario early, I tried while I was in there today. :oldman:

I don't, since i can't invest GS balance in the stock market! I value Amazon credit more than GS credit as I can buy actual goods I'd need to spend cash on otherwise (k-cups, snacks, etc), while GS is all "entertainment" for myself and the kids. But I do agree on the waiting for sales - we're all cheapasses here I think!

Sure - that's why Into the Spider-Verse broke US box office records for a December release, and went on to beat its Disney competition to take the Academy Award for best animated feature.

But, according to all-wise doctorwolf - Spider Man fans don't want Miles Morales.

Okay, boomer.
Everyone who doesn't think PC Spider-Man is the greatest thing ever is an evil boomer - said every hypnotized snowflake ever.

if we can take a break from the terrible, terrible off-topic posts

digital foundry was a lot nicer to 3d all stars than i was expecting. i was scared for a little while, after seeing their limitations when the game leaked i was sure they would uncover even more that no one had been able to leak yet, but now im really excited.

if we can take a break from the terrible, terrible off-topic posts

digital foundry was a lot nicer to 3d all stars than i was expecting. i was scared for a little while, after seeing their limitations ehrn the game leaked i was sure they would uncover even more that no one had been able to leak yet, but now im really excited.
The worst thing at least to me from what I saw was that Super Mario 64 was at 4:3

Other than that I was fine with what was shown in that review video.

GS preorder scheduled to arrive, likely, next week. Time to check Wally World tomorrow and roll the dice.

I got the gift cards from working out/exercising and submitting time for working out/exercising - I get points for that and can use points to get Amazon gift cards.

Its a program my workplace has been using - got tons of games free without actually spending money on prior to this purchase (only when they went on sale) - this is an exception because of the limited stock and time limit.

I've never bought anything from Gamestop - had two bad experiences years ago when I went to look for something and never went back.
Sounds like a cool exercising program. That would be nice for everyone.

Just cancelled my target preorder. I'm not buying a switch for ported games. Give me a remastered Mario 64 and you'll get my $299. I'm talking to you N.

If this is Kazoo or YouEarnedIt or whatever it's called this week, just be aware that at some point your company does have to deduct taxes from your pay to account all the gift cards you received as that is all legally considered compensation. Hopefully if they aren't already doing this they figure it out before they have to go and collect like 2-3 years worth from you.

On topic, UPS says my copy arrives tomorrow. Alternating between excitement to play some Mario 64 this weekend and the bitter knowledge that I'm almost certainly going to be disappointed things.

The copy I ordered for one of my sons Xmas gifts, shows not having shipped, but due to arrive tomorrow night by 8pm. So it's probably coming from our local Amazon hub, and will be delivered by them, but no rush, since it's not being played right away.

Just cancelled my target preorder. I'm not buying a switch for ported games. Give me a remastered Mario 64 and you'll get my $299. I'm talking to you N.
I’m really glad you clarified with that last sentence. I thought maybe Microsoft was going to remaster it for the new Xbox.

So I got another email about how my order was going to still ship. It confused me because last night it said something was cancelled. It turns out the game is still shipping BUT they canceled the pre-order bonus mario controller skins (which I didn't know about). I hope the same worked out for you!
Yeah, I just got my shipping update, I now am going to a dr apt in the burbs anyways so I might pick up the other one at Best Buy 2 and just hold onto it new in package, then sell later when it is no longer available. The nice thing about nintendo games is even popular ones tend to rarely go down in price so you can atleast make your original spent value back.

My chase Amazon card redeems the same as Amazon points as it does cash back to my statement/account.
Still better to use it as a statement credit so you won't miss out on the 5% purchase bonus.

If it is any other card, there are airline transfer partners, pay yourself back, CSR travel portal, etc. that will work out better than statement credits.

Still better to use it as a statement credit so you won't miss out on the 5% purchase bonus.

If it is any other card, there are airline transfer partners, pay yourself back, CSR travel portal, etc. that will work out better than statement credits.
Definitely. Some people like to save it up and look at it as a free game or whatever, but statement credits are the same thing and you end up still getting the 5% on that purchase like you mentioned.

Amazon still hasn't shipped mine yet. Still showing it will arrive tomorrow but I'm getting a little worried.

As you can probably guess from my earlier posts, Best Buy will have 0 copies for walk-ins tomorrow. Every store in my area is sold out already after setting aside preorders and any that didn't sell though them all probably had their leftovers used to fulfill online orders.

As you can probably guess from my earlier posts, Best Buy will have 0 copies for walk-ins tomorrow. Every store in my area is sold out already after setting aside preorders and any that didn't sell though them all probably had their leftovers used to fulfill online orders.
I'm surprised there's still some stores in my area showing availability for pick up tomorrow

I’m really glad you clarified with that last sentence. I thought maybe Microsoft was going to remaster it for the new Xbox.
Man, wouldn't that be something? Anyways, if you've not bought a Switch, really, the smarter move would be just to wait for the Switch many of us have been waiting for which is coming next year.

We appreciate you Tyrok. Hard to believe stores have burned through the 100+ copies they had coming last week.

My Best Buy order “shipped” yesterday. But apparently all they did was print a label. It showed arriving tomorrow on both BB and fedex until about midday today. Now it shows Sunday the 20th. That sucks since I have fri/sat off. At least my package is confirmed in transit now though

bread's done
Back