Super Mario 3D All Stars (Physical) up for preorder

I have a pre-order at Best Buy that's ready for pick-up, but I'm debating going to Target at opening to try and score a copy with those funny magnets. Anyone think they'll even have copies beyond pre-orders (and they'll even include the magnets)?

FYI my Target receipt lists the magnets as $.05, so if you return the game the magnets will only cost 5 cents.  My Target got 48 copies of the game and the Walmart down the street got 0.  Electronics manager said the Walmart shipment for the area was delayed for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI my Target receipt lists the magnets as $.05, so if you return the game the magnets will only cost 5 cents. My Target got 48 copies of the game and the Walmart down the street got 0. Electronics manager said the Walmart shipment for the area was delayed for some reason.
All the Walmarts around me on Brickseek show Out of Stock except 1. My in-store pick up pre-order was updated late last night to say pick up available after 6pm tonight. Maybe on the truck today? Maybe just borked?

My Target order from September 4th said it was backordered, so I walked right into Walmart and snagged a copy. They actually hadn't even stocked them on the shelf this morning before I went in to ask for one. Target seems to be the worst about not getting me stuff by release day.

Asked for the game at my Walmart. Guy says he hasn't seen them. Says maybe by 11:30 today. Brickseek shows a store 20 miles away as in stock, but both closer as out of stock.

All the Walmarts around me on Brickseek show Out of Stock except 1. My in-store pick up pre-order was updated late last night to say pick up available after 6pm tonight. Maybe on the truck today? Maybe just borked?
He said he expected it later today, so I just got it at Target to get the magnets. I'm in the Philly area

Debating whether or not I should try swinging by a Walmart to snag a copy for $50. My Best Buy copy shipped Wednesday but the tracking still shows that just a label was a created.

In the app it said my Walmart was out of stock as well right before I walked in at opening. There were about 20 copies stocked in the display. I live in a very small community so I was surprised that there were six others behind me all there to grab a copy. It was good to finally meet my clearance/deals competition  :wave:

Went to my local Target (SWFL) at open and scored a copy with the magnets :D/  So I canceled my Best Buy pre-order. There were around 10-15 copies in the case and only me and one other girl were there to get one, so my area seems well-stocked.

Tried 4 Walmarts in the Rochester, NY area, none received it. I assume that means no Walmarts in the Rochester area did. Was able to get a copy with magnets from Target.

New Target date for my back ordered shipment is Oct 2 ... glad I skipped the PS5 order. Hopefully BB will be a smooth pickup later today.

My Walmart says they never received their shipment of 60 but to try looking again later.
That's a pretty decent number for a store that size so as long as I check daily, I imagine I'll be fine.

Anyone get the Mario Mission credit for the game yet? I redeemed the gold coins but no mission complete yet. The fine print does say it can take up to 48 hours.

Other walmart says it'll be after 6pm if they get it today. The one 20 miles away says they got plenty of copies and would hold me one or two if I was coming

Anyone get the Mario Mission credit for the game yet? I redeemed the gold coins but no mission complete yet. The fine print does say it can take up to 48 hours.
I'm still waiting, as well. I really hope they make enough pins for everyone, but I'm fully expecting a lot of disappointed Nintendo fans.

we found plenty at our target

those who didnt preorder, remember to call. distribution seems uneven, some stores may surprise you

tenor.gif

Any chance Amazon can price match the in-store $50 at walmart? Might just look at walmart and not pickup the Amazon locker one if I find one

Any chance Amazon can price match the in-store $50 at walmart? Might just look at walmart and not pickup the Amazon locker one if I find one
No store price matches in store prices. You might get lucky but I seriously doubt Amazon would since they will check Walmart's website which shows $59.99. Amazon doesn't price match either way, they only match on their page for competitors, not individual price match.

No shipping notice from Amazon yet, so luckily I was able to get a pickup order in at Target. Sheesh.

so it seems like there may have been a legit screwup

walmarts are just.....not getting their copies of the game

What's everyone's local Walmart inventory looking like? As my son's copy from Amazon got delayed(not a good sign), so I would rather just grab a copy today and save $10 in the process if I can? Online it's showing stock for pick up today in store, so that should mean they have some on hand, so long as they don't sell out in a few hours.

What's everyone's local Walmart inventory looking like? As my son's copy from Amazon got delayed(not a good sign), so I would rather just grab a copy today and save $10 in the process if I can? Online it's showing stock for pick up today in store, so that should mean they have some on hand, so long as they don't sell out in a few hours.
Check Brickseek. My store had 20+ copies this morning, and Brickseek showed all stores in my area with 6+.

Walmart has been very hit and miss lately with video games overall, I would almost hesitate to think they may be planning to stop carrying them in store altogether soon given how limited their inventory and new stock seems to be. The majority of people are reporting that their Walmart didn’t get any copies in stock, so don’t hold your breath.

Check Brickseek. My store had 20+ copies this morning, and Brickseek showed all stores in my area with 6+.
Thanks, I haven't used BS in years due to accuracy, but for a game like this, I don't need it to be 100% spot on, just an idea of no copies vs some on hand. Yeah, a few local stores are showing 6+ as well, so I should be good, I'll check again before heading out.

Why not use the Walmart app > product page > scroll down to the pickup section > Options. Should show nearby stores with price, in/out of stock, and aisle.

Why not use the Walmart app > product page > scroll down to the pickup section > Options. Should show nearby stores with price, in/out of stock, and aisle.
Brickseek and the Walmart app can be wrong. I've been IN STORE and both show the store has the items in stock... yet nobody can find it.

And I've seen the opposite as well, tried to buy something for pickup cause the website had a lower price than in store and the guy wouldn't PM it. I'm looking right at 10 of them... and the app says OOS. (was an xbox controller Walmart online listed for $20 off, ended up having to wait a week and have it shipped to store)

Yeah, I did that first, which showed stock, but like BS, these things can be wrong, and I don't use either enough to know how well they work, if and when they do. But having checked multiple sources now, unless they have a huge run in the next 1-2 hours, I should be good.

The two problems with Brickseek situations where inventory gets scanned in and isn’t stocked on the shelves which is frequently the case with media and video games. High value and street dated products get locked in a cage that only certain people in the store have access to, and no one bothers to make the items available when they’re supposed to. The other problem is when items don’t get scanned into inventory and just get placed into live inventory, which is also common with games because quite often they don’t come in on the truck, they get delivered by UPS and go straight from the UPS package to the shelf.

My Walmart had plenty, they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about the sticker purchase bonus though.  Guess those were online only, but thought I’d check in store.

What? I'm confused.
I was joking that I basically won’t be playing super Mario 64. I know everyone loves it but I’m not interested. I don’t know if anyone else has less nostalgia like I do for the first gen of “good graphics” vs the very pixelated games. Like I’d rather play original Metroid than say super Mario 64 graphics wise.

My target pre-order went from being in one state (closest to me) to going to another further away, to saying it will arrive tomorrow. It doesn't make sense but as long as I get it sooner then later.

I don’t get eBay scalpers. There’s a SPONSORED listing for $70. Assuming you live in a tax Free state. eBay charges 10% for regular people. Let’s assume it’s 5-% for store fronts? Now you’re down to 66.50. PayPal another buck? And it costs $3-4 to ship it. You’ve now made $2.50?! Wtf is the point?

I don’t get eBay scalpers. There’s a SPONSORED listing for $70. Assuming you live in a tax Free state. eBay charges 10% for regular people. Let’s assume it’s 5-% for store fronts? Now you’re down to 66.50. PayPal another buck? And it costs $3-4 to ship it. You’ve now made $2.50?! Wtf is the point?
You forget about people who get store discounts, buy products using discounted gift cards, use cash back sites as well as stack with a cashback card, buy bulk directly from distributors and you could save another $5-$10. It adds it if you maximize discounts and avenues.

Some people also drop ship so they aren't paying for shipping cost.

Amazon shipped mine with UPS, and it's currently out for delivery. I don't think the target page ever said anything about release day delivery, so I'm assuming a lot of those orders probably didn't even ship until today.

You forget about people who get store discounts, buy products using discounted gift cards, use cash back sites as well as stack with a cashback card, buy bulk directly from distributors and you could save another $5-$10. It adds it if you maximize discounts and avenues.

Some people also drop ship so they aren't paying for shipping cost.
Yeah I get as a one off, you might just wanna cash out of some GS credit or something. But I see listings with multiple quantities. Anyway just curious and confused.

Btw, I had a lot of emails with SHC guy remember him? Buying directly from distributors was awful. Almost no margin to be made in that.

Yeah I get as a one off, you might just wanna cash out of some GS credit or something. But I see listings with multiple quantities. Anyway just curious and confused.

Btw, I had a lot of emails with SHC guy remember him? Buying directly from distributors was awful. Almost no margin to be made in that.
That's a blast from the past haha

Some distributors are terrible if you're trying to buy 10 of something but get up in the numbers and the savings are pretty good depending on the product. But yeah, some people are definitely losing money as they aren't doing any of that. It boggles my mind too.

bread's done
Back