Super Mario 64 (DS) $11.29 at Toys 'R Us

RoxyWahine03

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Not sure if this is a great price or not but hey it is another Mario game under $20 xD even tho it is super old lol.

My store had the red & white clearance tag on the shelf this was on inside the 3DS glass case with no price lol. What's funny is there was about 30 of these with the red cases inside the glass case & about 20 of these on the shelf where the value games are that were a mixture of red & the original black cases in the individual plastic boxes with the outside shelf tag saying $34.99. Took it to a scanner & it said it is $19.98.

The online inventory check is messed up, it says my store has none in stock but they got bunches lol.
These are both of the links TrU has for this game:
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/adventure/super-mario-64-for-nintendo-ds-ntrpasm-2308564
http://www.toysrus.com/buy/nintendo-ds/super-mario-64-ds-for-nintendo-ds-600100-3602619

edit: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/adventure/super-mario-64-for-nintendo-ds-ntrpasm-2308564 says it's $11.29 now. The stock checker on the site is still broken for this game, my store has probably like 20 of these still yet it says not in stock rofl.

Use http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308564 if it doesn't ring up $11.29

Last edited by a moderator:
The digital movement on this version is pretty bad. I'd love to see this remade for the 3DS, even if all they did was fix the controls.

The digital movement on this version is pretty bad. I'd love to see this remade for the 3DS, even if all they did was fix the controls.

Just add c-stick controls and it would be great. The stylus controls make me hate playing it.
I probably would buy a New 3DS just to play Super Mario 64 again. Got an old 3DS and $20 is a great price for Super Mario 64 DS. Looks out of stock online and I kind of doubt there are even any copies of the game at my local TRU.

I probably would buy a New 3DS just to play Super Mario 64 again. Got an old 3DS and $20 is a great price for Super Mario 64 DS. Looks out of stock online and I kind of doubt there are even any copies of the game at my local TRU.
Doesn't matter... no c-stick support in the present version of the game.

I remember when I first played this game for the N64. I was in junior high and after I played it I was so blown away at how amazing it was. I pretty much thought about it that whole day. 

Fast forward to today and the game is still incredible. 

I agre Evilchamp. I was a sophomore in high school and this game consumed my life when it was first released on the N64. Getting the 120 stars was the mission and I wasn't stopping until I was finished.

Top 3 N64 game for me. Recall getting this in October 1996. The DS version came packed with my DS in the summer of 2005. Definitely not as good as the console version.

I'm honestly kind of shocked that Toys R Us is still stocking it (or that it was in print any time recently) considering it was a DS launch title and came out over a decade ago. Damn I feel old. Then again, they are still stocking Call of Duty 2 for Xbox 360, so I guess it's not that surprising.

Not sure why people are hating on the controls. I never had a problem playing it with the DS's D-Pad.

Doesn't matter... no c-stick support in the present version of the game.
It does matter, if you're alright using the circle pad. I just need money and an excuse to buy a new 3DS to replace my 3DS XL.

Nintendo if you're reading this, I would buy a New 2DS that has HDMI or composite output. Use the system itself to mirror and use the touch screen.

I remember when I first played this game for the N64. I was in junior high and after I played it I was so blown away at how amazing it was. I pretty much thought about it that whole day.

Fast forward to today and the game is still incredible.
I remember getting up early before class and playing 64 until I found all 120 stars. The last 3D Mario I remember enjoying was Sunshine, though I admittedly haven't played the Galaxy series yet. I tried 3D Land and World and didn't like either of them; I wonder if it's me growing older, or if they're actually that different.

It does matter, if you're alright using the circle pad. I just need money and an excuse to buy a new 3DS to replace my 3DS XL.

Nintendo if you're reading this, I would buy a New 2DS that has HDMI or composite output. Use the system itself to mirror and use the touch screen.
Well Super Mario 64 DS shouldn't be your excuse to upgrade from an old 3DS to a new 3DS, as the added buttons, processor speed, and improved 3D have no effect on DS games. That's why I said "It doesn't matter," referring to your wish to upgrade to a New 3DS to play Mario 64 DS again.

I remember getting up early before class and playing 64 until I found all 120 stars. The last 3D Mario I remember enjoying was Sunshine, though I admittedly haven't played the Galaxy series yet. I tried 3D Land and World and didn't like either of them; I wonder if it's me growing older, or if they're actually that different.
I wasn't a huge fan f Sunshine (although I played through a LOT of it). I think finding all the blue coins (right?) and stuff became to labor intensive. I would highly recommend at least trying Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Thanks for the tip, gonna check out TRU this weekend. My younest lost my original copy within the last year and I've always been looking for a deal on another copy.

Yup. Ive been waiting for them to port this to 3DS forever. Would buy it in a heartbeat. When I was 7 or 8, I had a Sega Genesis, and I never had an NES or an SNES (played at friends though). I got Nintendo 64 when I was around 11, and it was my first Nintendo console, so needless to say, my nostalgia factor for this game is threw the roof.

I enjoyed sunshine too, I only hated how easy it was but I think it's because I was probably about 12 then. I did get a chance to beat super mario galaxy, that was my last 3D mario and I also found that easy but it was a enjoyable experience. Galaxy 2 though... Just bought that and now I need a wii controller

Yeah, I really missed the N64's analog stick. The original controlled like a dream.

Top 3 N64 game for me. Recall getting this in October 1996. The DS version came packed with my DS in the summer of 2005. Definitely not as good as the console version.
It just may be my top N64 game. I probably spent way more hours with Goldeneye which was also innovative, but it just didn't hold up well. OoT was great, but Mario 64 was just such a joy to play. Ahead of its time. What are your top 2?

Last edited:
I enjoyed sunshine too, I only hated how easy it was but I think it's because I was probably about 12 then. I did get a chance to beat super mario galaxy, that was my last 3D mario and I also found that easy but it was a enjoyable experience. Galaxy 2 though... Just bought that and now I need a wii controller
Galaxy 2 is more challenging at the end. I doubt we'll ever see another Mario as hard as The Lost Levels, though (well maybe on Mario Maker, but I haven't played that yet). I don't mind, though, as I mostly play games to relax, and I say this as someone who beat the Lost Levels and everything in Super Meat Boy.

It just may be my top N64 game. I probably spent way more hours with Goldeneye which was also innovative, but it just didn't hold up well. OoT was great, but Mario 64 was just such a joy to play. Ahead of its time. What are your top 2?
1. Goldeneye due to the multiplayer. I played it nearly every day with my best friend down the street for all of '98 and '99.

2. OOT

3. Mario 64

Here's a bonus 4 and 5 for you

4. Banjo-Kazooie

5. Conker's Bad Fur Day

I was blown away by Mario 64 too. Nostalgic for that feeling of playing the first few levels. I thought it had some issues later in the game though.

Goldeneye oddly enough as much as I liked the Mplayer I really liked the Singleplayer.

N64 was one of the best early consoles for FPS. Turok was amazing but Doom 64 is in my Top 3 N64 games. Blast Corps (not fps) vastly underrated too!

just noticed this is $11.29 now on the website but online store is still oos, the in-store stock checker is still broken for this game.  my local store still has this game, not sure if it will ring up $11.29 though, will check later sometime this week.

Trades in for $13.20 with PUR at GS if u need to cash out your TrU gift cards lol

just noticed this is $11.29 now on the website but online store is still oos, the in-store stock checker is still broken for this game. my local store still has this game, not sure if it will ring up $11.29 though, will check later sometime this week.
If that price doesn't show up in store, you can always price match their own site.

Thanks for the heads up OP, I've seen some copies at my toys r us the other day, I'll price match to keep a copy sealed

Also because of nostalgia , loved Mario 64 growing up

I had this when the original DS launched and the mini games were addicting

If that price doesn't show up in store, you can always price match their own site.
Was in the area today so stopped by. My store rang it up as $14.98...but they price matched the website no problem... was afraid the OOS message on TrU site would make them refuse the price match lol.
If the main page gives anyone issues coz the OOS msg is right below the price lol, pull up the mobile version of the page http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308564 the OOS msg is halfway thru the page under qty instead.

Was in the area today so stopped by. My store rang it up as $14.98...but they price matched the website no problem... was afraid the OOS message on TrU site would make them refuse the price match lol.
If the main page gives anyone issues coz the OOS msg is right below the price lol, pull up the mobile version of the page http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308564 the OOS msg is halfway thru the page under qty instead.
Since it's their own site, they pretty much has to price match it. I wish there were copies around me to get this :(

You're missing out. Galaxy is quite good. I think Galaxy 2 is the best 3D Mario game. It's one of the best Mario games period, right up there with Mario 3 and Mario World.

Galaxy 2 is even better in Dolphin. Crank up the resolution and it's not only a really great platformer, but a great looking one too.

Galaxy is incredible. 3d land and world were very meh to me. Definitely give Galaxy a shot, lots of Mario 64 Vibes off that one.

The exact same here. For me, I honestly don't think it's getting older. I truly believe the 3d games really weren't that good. I mean I played them and had a decent time with them, but they aren't what I would consider a true modern Mario game.

The exact same here. For me, I honestly don't think it's getting older. I truly believe the 3d games really weren't that good. I mean I played them and had a decent time with them, but they aren't what I would consider a true modern Mario game.
I kinda agree here. SM64 was awesome, easily my favorite 3D Mario game. It was simple and fun. Sunshine was good too though I didn't really care for the janitor aspect of it. Galaxy 1 was pretty sweet but I never cared for Galaxy 2. I got all the stars in 64, Sunshine and Galaxy but with Galaxy 2, I just beat it and stopped playing. It wasn't a bad game, just didn't have the same magic the others had.

Well that's your problem lol both Galaxy games are near flawless

Is this the oldest game you can still find new copies of everywhere?  Because holy crap it came out 12 years ago.  Some posters here probably weren't even born when it was new.

Is this the oldest game you can still find new copies of everywhere? Because holy crap it came out 12 years ago. Some posters here probably weren't even born when it was new.
This game was rereleased 5 years ago with the red cases for some Mario event where a few other Mario games were rereleased with red cases too. The old version with black cases will probably be hard to find, though my store had both black and red cases. When I was there on Sunday, red cases were OOS, only black cases were still available.

bread's done
Back