Super Mario All Stars Wii...North America release date

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all, not a deal, but cool news, I went to EB today to check out when Mario All Stars Wii was being released and they said March 6, 2011 and it will be $49.99. Just letting people know because I know many have been waiting for this collection, only way to get this has been from homebrew, for those that don't, it is good news! It comes with a Mario history DVD as well....kind of lame that Europe and Japan get it this year, but at least we will be getting it....:applause:

Do want! Even the mock-up Euro version looks awesome.

All_Stars_Bundle_2.2_1.jpg

Sure they weren't mistaking it for the Sports Mario Mix? I know that was scheduled for the same day.

Ugh, I know I'll end up buying this (as a collector). But, it'll also be *overkill*. (Quadruple-dip? Even more?)

[quote name='neospike']Sure they weren't mistaking it for the Sports Mario Mix? I know that was scheduled for the same day.[/QUOTE]

I don't see an official release date for Sports Mario Mix outside of Japan yet so maybe OP's right.

i remember getting All-Stars for the SNES for free. I don't remember the exact deal, but it was awesome!

[quote name='Korahn']i remember getting All-Stars for the SNES for free. I don't remember the exact deal, but it was awesome![/QUOTE]

It was a mail in coupon that came with the snes system, pay the S&H and they'd send you a boxed copy of SMAS.

$50 seems excessive for a re-mastered Super Mario All-Stars, even with all the extras that come with it. I think they need to include Super Mario World with it.

[quote name='lustyhitter']$50 seems excessive for a re-mastered Super Mario All-Stars, even with all the extras that come with it. I think they need to include Super Mario World with it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's remastered :whistle2:#

So...agreed.

I highly doubt this will be $50. Even if the release date is somehow accurate, there has been no official announcement to that effect nor has pricing been announced either for North America or for Europe (where it releases in December). It's only ¥2500 in Japan, which is around $30 CDN.

As said before, this sounds dubious since the game won't be more than 30 USD equivalent in both Japan and Europe. NOA/C may screw us over, but they're not dumb.

price could be wrong as gamestop puts the normal msrp for games when they havent got the actual yet Wii is $49.99, 360/PS3 is $59.99 as the default price so they can get pre-orders if it's $30 in Japan it is not unlikely that it wont be 30 here this is just so they can take reserves if they put it for $30 and it changed then that would be bad business on their part they are just covering their a** thats all.

[quote name='Korahn']i remember getting All-Stars for the SNES for free. I don't remember the exact deal, but it was awesome![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nukkus']It was a mail in coupon that came with the snes system, pay the S&H and they'd send you a boxed copy of SMAS.[/QUOTE]

Anyone remember when Nintendo put both Super Mario All-Stars & World together on one SNES cartridge?

Super_Mario_Allstars_Plus_Super_Mario_World_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg
3769813805_2021abf888.jpg

This is the compilation Nintendo should release (probably best as WiiWare/VC, given how small the games are, but I could see the broader appeal of a retail disc release with some extras).

Of course, I understand releasing Super Mario World alone as a VC title for $10, and later Super Mario All-Stars separately for $30+ from a profit standpoint, but let's face it, most of us have already bought all of these games at LEAST once before (NES, SNES remake, GBA re-releases of each individual title, WiiWare of SMW, even the GBC re-release of SMB1...). Come on, Nintendo, you've already profited PLENTY off of all of these titles, why not compile them all into a single release (a la the aforementioned SNES cartridge) at a moderate price ($10-20) as a service and a big "thank you" to the fans of the series?

Last edited by a moderator:
My nephew always had that copy; I had the regular old one and SMW separately.

What stinks is that, over the years, I've picked up multiple (cheap) carts of the regular SMAS. sadly, I have never ran across that combo cart for cheap.

That version of the game is the rarest and most sought after (other than rarity obviously) is probably because Luigi in World actually plays differently and has different animations for all his moves, whereas in regular carts Luigi is just a green Mario. That alone is worth owning that cart.

We at Nintendo of America would like to thank you for supporting Super Mario for 25 years! So here's the first 6 years of Super Mario, in a fancy box. That'll be $50. Hey, don't make that face, that's still less than you paid for the exact same games in 1993! Shiny box! DVD! Nintendo!

[quote name='MrGone']We at Nintendo of America would like to thank you for supporting Super Mario for 25 years! So here's the first 6 years of Super Mario, in a fancy box. That'll be $50. Hey, don't make that face, that's still less than you paid for the exact same games in 1993! Shiny box! DVD! Nintendo![/QUOTE]

Nail on the head.

[quote name='poiuiu']That version of the game is the rarest and most sought after (other than rarity obviously) is probably because Luigi in World actually plays differently and has different animations for all his moves, whereas in regular carts Luigi is just a green Mario. That alone is worth owning that cart.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap... I never knew that! He doesn't actually play differently (like in SMA2), but he SPITS FIREBALLS OUT OF HIS MOUTH. You just blew my mind.

huh, I could have sworn Luigi's gameplay in Mario World Advance was lifted from his tweaked gameplay in Mario World but guess it's from Mario 2 US. Either way, the compilation is the console version to own.

[quote name='poiuiu']That version of the game is the rarest and most sought after (other than rarity obviously) is probably because Luigi in World actually plays differently and has different animations for all his moves, whereas in regular carts Luigi is just a green Mario. That alone is worth owning that cart.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even realize that. Had I known back in the day, I would have gotten it. If I remember correctly, that cart was only available bundled with a SNES console in the US toward the twilight of the SNES era. I don't remember ever seeing a boxed retail version sold separately. I'm sure that's a big part of the reason it's so rare.

From the boxart it doesn't look like it's going to be the version with Super Mario World anyways :/ That new Luigi sprite was pretty cool though. Luigi spits fire!

sadly, this will not feature mario world! only remastered super mario bros., super mario bros. 2, super mario bros. 3 and mario the lost levels remastered, man that Luigi sounds cool too, lame nintendo! I just love the versions on all stars, all the graphics were upgraded, $50 is too much but I would pay $30 for sure...$49.99 is what EB quoted me...

Here's a sprite comparison taken from TheMushroomKingdom.net:

smas+smw_luigi.gif

Also, the SMA/SMW compilation is NOT necessarily the best version, as it apparently suffered from slowdown/lag in certain parts of the game that the original SMA compilation did not. And yes, as previously stated, it was only available bundled in the US; no seperate boxed retail.

Has there been any official announcement or confirmation for North American release yet? I can't seem to find evidence online that confirms it.

Both bundles are already up for preorder on Amazon.com.

Pic of the DSi XL bundle:
51hP7Y-OTSL.jpg

Fun tidbit: This is not the first time there's a shade of red DS that's associated with Mario kart. The original DS had a red version that was associated with Mario Kart DS as well.

It's been announced

A limited run of disc, soundtrack, and history booklet coming December 12 for $29.99. The games included in the Super Mario All-Stars collection are Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3. Each game features the enhanced graphics and updated sound from the Super NES™ Super Mario All-Stars collection, and all four can be played on the Wii system using one of several controllers: the Wii Remote™ controller, Classic Controller™, Classic Controller Pro™ or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Thank you for the scoop Princess Zelda! I had faith it would come to Canada woo hoo now we can all play a non-screwed up version of Super Mario 3, man the glitchy bars on the sides of the screen on the Virtual Console release always have bothered me, $29.99 is def worth it!:applause:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Please be $30 not $35
Please be $30 not $35
Please be $30 not $35[/QUOTE]

Go check ebgames.
Not good

Gonna wait for amazon or hmv

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Please be $30 not $35
Please be $30 not $35
Please be $30 not $35[/QUOTE]

That extra $5 is probably service charge for having GS/EB certified professional game openers take off that annoying plastic wrap packaging they put on games.

[quote name='retro.elite']That extra $5 is probably service charge for having GS/EB certified professional game openers take off that annoying plastic wrap packaging they put on games.[/QUOTE]

lol. Yeah I can kind of imagine a guy sitting in the back room, spending hours unwrapping games. I still don't understand how they can pass off opened games as 'new'. Do they honestly think we don't notice?

I think I'll have a look at Amazon or something. Definitely interested in picking this one up.

I was a little excited for this for a bit, until I realized it was just an overpriced virtual console game. If they were going to do something like this (release on disc) they should have included more Mario games.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I was a little excited for this for a bit, until I realized it was just an overpriced virtual console game. If they were going to do something like this (release on disc) they should have included more Mario games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... on the one hand, I'm interested in the soundtrack and "history book," but on the other hand, why should I have to put a damn disc in my Wii to play Super Mario All-Stars...

On one hand, you have gamers who hate how a GOTY edition is just the original disc with codes for DLC.

On the other hand, you have gamers who hate having to insert a disc every time they play something...

[quote name='Derfel']Yeah... on the one hand, I'm interested in the soundtrack and "history book," but on the other hand, why should I have to put a damn disc in my Wii to play Super Mario All-Stars...[/QUOTE]

Because you can't play them any other way. And if putting a disc in your console is too much trouble for you, then maybe owning a console in general is too much trouble too.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I was a little excited for this for a bit, until I realized it was just an overpriced virtual console game. If they were going to do something like this (release on disc) they should have included more Mario games.[/QUOTE]Wait wait, hold up.

So you're getting 4 games on a PHYSICAL DISC which you can resell or take around with you (assuming you get the games off the VC thats already 2000 points DIGITALLY) with a soundtrack and a history booklet for $30 (and there will probably be a club nintendo code included) and you're complaining that they should've included more games?

Methinks people are fucking greedy

[quote name='eday_2010'] And if putting a disc in your console is too much trouble for you, then maybe owning a console in general is too much trouble too.[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='maigoyume']
QFT[/QUOTE]
Ah, I remember the time when having games with multiple discs was considered to be a GOOD thing.

Good times then. Good times.

they did however remove most of the paralax effects from the backgrounds to make SMW smaller to fit it all on the cart.

bread's done
Back