Super Mario Bros. DS screenshots straight from nintendo.com...

Actually, that beach level there reminds me more of Mario Land 2, than Sunshine.

Anyway, the game looks amazing. Happy days will soon be here again!

I love it... it's really looking like a 3D SMB remake. Underground levels, mushroom levels, Hammer Bros, everything. Some of the level design is really reminiscient of SMB2 though as stated above, like the desert (there should be Pokeys in there if I recall other screenshots correctly).

Swimming around throwing fireballs at fish is definitely a throwback.

What I REALLY want to know is how the game will be setup. Will it be a map you move around like SMB 3/SMW, or will it be like the first Mario where it just goes to the next level and you can't replay ones you've already passed?

[quote name='gizmogc']What I REALLY want to know is how the game will be setup. Will it be a map you move around like SMB 3/SMW, or will it be like the first Mario where it just goes to the next level and you can't replay ones you've already passed?[/QUOTE]
id be really suprised and not in a good way if you couldnt replay levels.
i doubt theyll do that since id adds tremendously to the replay. this will be purchased on release.

i agree, im sure it will be map based, all the mario games have been since 3, even princess peach...

what confuses me about the images, some of those levels look like they are from the original super mario brothers, however, most of them look original... so is this going to be a new game with redone levels ala super mario all stars DS?

old:
aR1InLiULSfnrcOTbQuNYaYdN9j38GUZ.jpg

new:
e5cb7361-d0cc-4b99-8a92-83301d4c4e26.jpg

[quote name='iheartmetal']i agree, im sure it will be map based, all the mario games have been since 3, even princess peach...

what confuses me about the images, some of those levels look like they are from the original super mario brothers, however, most of them look original... so is this going to be a new game with redone levels ala super mario all stars DS?

old:
aR1InLiULSfnrcOTbQuNYaYdN9j38GUZ.jpg

new:
e5cb7361-d0cc-4b99-8a92-83301d4c4e26.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm thinking they'll probably include some "classic" levels that are redone...or, perhaps the first level of the game is simply a remake, as an homage? That would be fantastic.

Yeah a lot of the NP screenshots look straight out of the original SMB with updated backgrounds, and they kept a timer so I'm guessing classic super mario bros I style gameflow. No wandering coin searching quests. Excellent...

[quote name='ZeroEclipse']hmmm i wonder how the touch screen will be used?[/quote]
I think in one of the videos it shows a start to finish line so you can see where you're at and you can use stored mushrooms and stuff with it. I'm sure there will be some minigames or something for it too :p.

EDIT: It apparently shows stats too and in parts of the video the screens switch so the stats and shit are at the top, so there must be some touch component in the game then.

[quote name='iheartmetal']thanks rolento... man i have been looking forward to this game since well forever.[/QUOTE]

I think people have been wanting a game like this since the SNES days... I just hope this spawns more 2d marios...

In hours I'll have Tetris DS, in days I'll have a DS Lite, and STILL I'm filled with unending longing for this game ;)

[quote name='Dkellar']Wow, this game looks awesome. I might pick it up at launch![/quote]
If you're only saying you "might" pick it up at launch, you're not nearly excited enough for it. ;)

Lokking better and better. As long as Nintendo hasn't forgotten the secrets of classic 2D level design, it should be a hit.

bread's done
Back