Super Mario Bros labeled as Commando NES

goodnight144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
So I'm testing out these nes carts and for some reason the one labeled commando when I put it in is playing as Super Mario Bros, Any chance this is a manufacturing error or do you think someone just slapped a different label on there back in the 80's to sell it for more?

They are from 2 different manufacturers capcom and nintendo, further I had this happen to me when I went to go rent Super Double Dragon and Pit Fighter was inside when I went back to the store with my dad the lady looked at the label and peeled it off to find the correct label underneath. So something similar probably happened with a rental store, or a return. And 26 years later the scam is still creating victims :p

I think you are right because the back of the cart has nintendo on it. At least I'm not out anything as my dad gave me these games anyway.

[quote name='goodnight144']I think you are right because the back of the cart has nintendo on it. At least I'm not out anything as my dad gave me these games anyway.[/QUOTE]

The back of ALL NES (licensed ones anyway) say Nintendo.

Oldest trick in the book. Having worked at a used CD/Game store for 6-7 years, I can't tell you how many times I've seen that sort of thing. People actually try and do it with disc-based games too. Yes, that's what I said. They put a shit game into the case of a popular title and try to trade it in. I know it makes no sense whatsoever, but you'd surprised at how many times they fooled less attentive employees :/

bread's done
Back