Super Mario Galaxy $44 shipped @ deepdiscount

For like $2 more you can get it from Liongames.

Better than supporting this company that pulled a switch & bait before with the Sonic the Hedgehog deal for the 360.

[quote name='King Bahamut']For like $2 more you can get it from Liongames.

Better than supporting this company that pulled a switch & bait before with the Sonic the Hedgehog deal for the 360.[/QUOTE]
Deepdiscount has come correct so many times over the years

[quote name='cleaver']Deepdiscount has come correct so many times over the years[/quote]

Well the one time I tried them, they switched out the game that I paid for with some game I never heard of before...that's as shady as it gets.

I'll trade in few xbox 360 games tomorrow at GS or EB and get extra 20% off toward for Mario Galaxy. It should be $50 for $40 is not bad deal plus extra $10 bonus and extra 10% off :)

[quote name='King Bahamut']Well the one time I tried them, they switched out the game that I paid for with some game I never heard of before...that's as shady as it gets.[/quote] Doesn't mean their shady. That was most likely just a shipping error not them trying to screw you over. Heck, the same thing happend to me last year during buy.coms sale.

[quote name='King Bahamut']Well the one time I tried them, they switched out the game that I paid for with some game I never heard of before...that's as shady as it gets.[/quote] I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of DVDs from Deep Discount (maybe even in the thousands) and the only time I had a problem was when a package with a Close Encounters of the Third Kind DVD got lost in the mail. After a month I called them and I received a replacement in less then a week. Deep Discount is not shady. All stores make mistakes.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've bought hundreds of dollars worth of DVDs from Deep Discount (maybe even in the thousands) and the only time I had a problem was when a package with a Close Encounters of the Third Kind DVD got lost in the mail. After a month I called them and I received a replacement in less then a week. Deep Discount is not shady. All stores make mistakes.[/quote]
I recall others here having the same problem with that particular one though...and it wasn't like they didn't know about it, because when I went to check my order status, it said the different game - I only found out about that because of others noticing. The issue was that they didn't want to honor the pricing for $20 (when Amazon had the dotd as the game), and they did not do any notification whatsoever to anyone who purchased the game.

I have not ever seen another website make such a mistake after thousands of dollars of online purchasing, and frankly, there's 0 excuse for this type of mistake.

BTW, canceled my preorder w/ Amazon and swooped in on this w/ DDD for $6 cheeper. With a new 360 in the house, I'm not worried about when Mario gets here. :)

[quote name='King Bahamut']I recall others here having the same problem with that particular one though...and it wasn't like they didn't know about it, because when I went to check my order status, it said the different game - I only found out about that because of others noticing. The issue was that they didn't want to honor the pricing for $20 (when Amazon had the dotd as the game), and they did not do any notification whatsoever to anyone who purchased the game.

I have not ever seen another website make such a mistake after thousands of dollars of online purchasing, and frankly, there's 0 excuse for this type of mistake.[/QUOTE]
There's actually a lot of explanations for what happened beyond "shady." For one, getting a new game at an incredibly cheap price means there may have been a mistake in their computer with which game they were selling. I've dealt with them plenty of times and never felt they did something "shady." On the contrary, their customer service has generally been great.

Well, there's only one solution:

Make like a true American and file a complaint with the BBB. Oh, while you're at it, threaten a class-action lawsuit.

I have also ordered many DVD's from DD in the past and don't recall ever having problems other than slow shipping. If I did, they resolved it quickly. I rarely see a reason to use them anymore, though. You can usually find the product cheaper elsewhere.

[quote name='King Bahamut']I recall others here having the same problem with that particular one though...and it wasn't like they didn't know about it, because when I went to check my order status, it said the different game - I only found out about that because of others noticing. The issue was that they didn't want to honor the pricing for $20 (when Amazon had the dotd as the game), and they did not do any notification whatsoever to anyone who purchased the game.

I have not ever seen another website make such a mistake after thousands of dollars of online purchasing, and frankly, there's 0 excuse for this type of mistake.[/quote]
Just like every other online store, Deep Discount isn't immune to computer errors.

A lot of upcoming and recently released Wii games are at the $43.99 price point at DeepDisount. You just have to search for them.

I do nearly all my shopping at the site now. They usually have the best deals and I've never had a problem with my orders.

I'm already considering placing an order of dvds with DDD so I might as well place an order of Super Mario Galaxy as well as other Wii games. I've purchased stuff from DDD many times in the past few years and I never had any trouble with them. I think I was also very lucky with pretty fast shipping. I rather have free shipping with longer delivery time because I'm cheap yet patient.

After they had the Gamecube Twilight Princess on sale and pulled the rug out from under those of us who ordered it, I have no interest in dealing with this site, especially when there's liongames around.

bread's done
Back