Super Mario Galaxy - Gen. Discussion & Info.

probably a really stupid question, but can i pick up assasins creed when i go to pick up super mario galaxy using the 25 dollar giftcard?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']What's the timespan on that deal? I'm going to do the exact same thing.[/QUOTE]

The dude at my TRU said the first week they will be giving away the GC's. So im guessing it will run til Saturday.

I put in a pre-order at my local TRU. I plan on picking up Assassin's Creed or Uncharted (if it ships early as rumored). Should be an awesome week.

[quote name='io']Do we have a final word on when this game is actually going to be in stores - specifically TRU and EB/GS?

See, I have this little dilemma. I just found out my wife set up her induction (to have a baby for those who don't know what that is ;)) for Tuesday. Now, had I been there I would have pushed for Wednesday because of SMG. Yeah, OK, that sounds bad, but really the induction is to induce labor before it is ready so it really doesn't matter what day it is done and Weds would have worked just as well as Tues. I mean, they didn't give her the option of Monday because it is a holiday that they need off (this is another of those holidays that only the post office, banks, and, apparently, Obstetricians get off :roll:).

In any case, I'm really hoping Mario Galaxy is pre-shipped and actually available on Monday. That would solve all my problems. Tuesday will be bad though - no TRU deal for me if that's the case ;).[/QUOTE]

io, isn't this like your 18th kid?

Been playin' this game for a few days now, got a review copy awhile ago.

This game is GREAT.

I am so happy with this.

I wasn't excited about this game until JUST recently too...

I'm an old school gamer and was 5 when Super Mario Bros. came out. I grew up with the franchise/name since. This definately, DEFINATELY gives me goosebumps and gives me the same feeling from when I played Super Mario Bros. 3/Super Mario World/Super Mario 64 for the first time.

Never thought I'd feel like that again.

Kudos Nintendo.

I was just at Wal-Mart and they had a SMG demo unit with the Christmas items (towards the garden center section of the store). Unfortunately, however, the unit was not powered up - and it looks like it hadn't even been finished being set up yet. There was also a Rock Band unit but, again, it looks like it hadn't been completed yet.

I consider that tease a blessing in disguise. I've vowed to NOT play it until the day it's released and I bring it home - but had it been playable right there, I would have undoubtedly broken and played it for a WHILE.

[quote name='munch']io, isn't this like your 18th kid?[/QUOTE]

Something like that, I lost count...

No, actually, it is my 4th. Funny thing is I'm an only child and my wife just has 1 brother.

[quote name='io']Something like that, I lost count...

No, actually, it is my 4th. Funny thing is I'm an only child and my wife just has 1 brother.
[/quote]

io... there are ways to "do it" without having kids, and if you need an illustrated guide or whatever, I'll be happy to oblige. I guess it's intereting that my wife has two siblings, and I have one, but we have no kids, but really - we're too broke and too graduate student - like to be pro-creating.

Mr. Anderson: yea, that's what all signs point towards.

[quote name='MarioColbert']io... there are ways to "do it" without having kids, and if you need an illustrated guide or whatever, I'll be happy to oblige. I guess it's intereting that my wife has two siblings, and I have one, but we have no kids, but really - we're too broke and too graduate student - like to be pro-creating.

Mr. Anderson: yea, that's what all signs point towards.[/QUOTE]

EB/GS and TRU are all saying it won't be in stores 'til Tues. This dissapoints me greatly as we know BB has it already, so you'd think it would be street dated, but I guess not. sigh

Edit: Nevermind, I just called my EB and they told me that if I had it reserved (which I do) it'll be in Mon afternoon. I'm stoked.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']EB/GS and TRU are all saying it won't be in stores 'til Tues. This dissapoints me greatly as we know BB has it already, so you'd think it would be street dated, but I guess not. sigh[/quote]My TRU ticket says 11/12 on it as the first possible day. The ad simply says they'll have it by Tuesday at 5pm, not that it won't go on sale before then.

raysurfing.jpg

Once in a while... my dreams are this awesome.

Once in a while...

Just a potential warning for those getting in on the TRU deal. I called up today and was told gift cards would not be set aside for Galaxy pre-orders. They are strictly first-come, first-serve. You'd think they'd show a little consideration for the people who went out of their way to secure their order with the store...

Can't wait for this. I guess I'll call Monday, then Tuesday just in case if they don't have it Monday.

I wonder if TRU will carry the LE Galaxy guide? I'd like to use my GC on that. Anyone have any idea ift hey will?

Edit: Txdo, does that mean that they have a limited number of GCs to give out? How does that work?

[quote name='TxdoHawk']Just a potential warning for those getting in on the TRU deal. I called up today and was told gift cards would not be set aside for Galaxy pre-orders. They are strictly first-come, first-serve. You'd think they'd show a little consideration for the people who went out of their way to secure their order with the store...[/quote]

Don't they just scan an amount on to a gift card though? They have GC all over the stores, why couldn't they just grab one and scan $25 on it?

[quote name='schuerm26']Don't they just scan an amount on to a gift card though? They have GC all over the stores, why couldn't they just grab one and scan $25 on it?[/QUOTE]

I had heard there were special gift cards for this promo. Don't know how true that is, but the manager explicitly said "first come first serve" to me in regards to the promo (not the game, I made it clear I already had a pre-order), so I'm assuming the offer is limited in some way.

[quote name='Rocko']Can't wait for this. I guess I'll call Monday, then Tuesday just in case if they don't have it Monday.

I wonder if TRU will carry the LE Galaxy guide? I'd like to use my GC on that. Anyone have any idea ift hey will?

Edit: Txdo, does that mean that they have a limited number of GCs to give out? How does that work?[/quote]

i was at tru today and they had the LE galaxy guide

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i was at tru today and they had the LE galaxy guide[/quote]

Awesome, thanks. I figure that'd be the perfect thing to buy with my GC sicne I never ever shop at TRU since their selection is always terrible. It's probably $30 there though, so I might have to shell out $5 extra. Oh well.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll know to come back if they don't have it when I go, since they will eventually carry it.

[quote name='MarkMan']Been playin' this game for a few days now, got a review copy awhile ago.

This game is GREAT.

I am so happy with this.

I wasn't excited about this game until JUST recently too...

I'm an old school gamer and was 5 when Super Mario Bros. came out. I grew up with the franchise/name since. This definately, DEFINATELY gives me goosebumps and gives me the same feeling from when I played Super Mario Bros. 3/Super Mario World/Super Mario 64 for the first time.

Never thought I'd feel like that again.

Kudos Nintendo.[/quote]

how'd u got a review copy of super mario galaxy? do u own a site aside from that SDTekken? or did nintendo give u a copy for SDTekken?

Very cool coin. Can't wait to get mine.

I haven't really been anxious for this game at all, but all of a sudden Tuesday can't come quick enough!

I guess I've decided against trying to pull a sick day for Mario. Uncertainty over availability would make it kinda silly.

But I'll probably still try to pick up my TRU preorder at lunch on Monday.

Looks like my wife bought this for me off my Amazon wishlist -- for Christmas. :( I'll be waiting another month to play it, unless I can talk it out of her.

I'm trying to figure out how many dumbass reviews have to dock the game for a "tacked on two player mode."

There's never been a two player anything in any Mario game ever. It's not meant to replicate a full co-op experience - it is a very simple, very small, and very minimal method to encourage other people to enjoy what is still a one-player game.

My gf could never play Mario - she pretty much lacks the needed hand eye coordination. But I'm going to be forcing it onto the TV whether she likes it or not, and it will be a great way to get her to participate with me.

I have a feeling the feature will be used a little more than people give it credit for.

So instead of acting like it's evidence of poor/shoddy workmanship and/or something that needed to fleshed out, just understand it's a nothing but a little added plus. Damn.

[quote name='The Crotch']Mario 3.
[/QUOTE]

But that was a turn-by-turn basis.

This isn't quite the same thing.

I could be a bastard and retro-edit my post to mean 3D incarnations only.

[quote name='The Crotch']You mean you never played "tag" with a sibling in Mario 3? You poor soul![/QUOTE]

Wt.

I have three sisters.

All of them annoying.

[quote name='botticus']I guess I've decided against trying to pull a sick day for Mario. Uncertainty over availability would make it kinda silly.

But I'll probably still try to pick up my TRU preorder at lunch on Monday.[/quote]

I bet Shigeru Miyamoto would take a sick day for Mario.

[quote name='Strell']A god cannot get sick.[/quote]
Wisdom for the ages Botticus. Wisdom for the ages.

Take the day off. Relive your childhood... because if you don't let it live every once in a while, it'll only wither and die.

[quote name='The Crotch']...

Botticus?[/quote]
Just pointing out to Botticus that he should listen to Strell's good advice.

As if Botticus was standing next to me and Strell came up to us and said amazingly beautiful and insightful and I would turn to Botticus, throw my arm around him and say, "That was Wisdom for the ages Botticus my good man. You should listen to it."

Bizzah...

[quote name='The Crotch']Had your siblings been less phallically challenged, you would know that Mario 3 had a number of levels that allowed for simultaneous play. Most of the levels involved a series of pipes from which enemies would exit and a POW block in the middle. I probably spent more time playing tag there than I did playing the actual game.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I've played that. Hell, I have the NES cartridge of that game.

Still different from what I'm talking about, in my opinion, since that mini-game has been in all the GBA Marios.

I'm talking about co-op in the actual adventure portion of the game. If you took New Super Mario Bros's little vs. mode and turned the levels into actual "get to the end" affairs, then we'd have something.

Or if you had two people controlling independent Mario/Luigi Bros in Galaxy, who either had to work together to Shine Get or raced to Shine Get first.

[quote name='daroga']Get Rid Of Slimy GirlS.

amirite?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Now let us adjourn to Calvinball.

The score is still Q to 12.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I bet Shigeru Miyamoto would take a sick day for Mario.[/quote]

he's in Mario's world all day. what would he need to call in sick for?

[quote name='The Crotch']-10 points for not saying "Oogy to Boogy".[/QUOTE]

You don't get to reply until you find the bonus box.

P.S. Gimme another 20 min...I'll report back (most likely).

[quote name='The Crotch']Hah! I'm standing in a rubber zone, and you're in a glue zone! You find the bonus box![/QUOTE]
This post really added to the board. :roll:

[quote name='The Crotch']Simply because everyone's getting on your back about making pointless threads doesn't mean you have to lash out at everyone else.

Wanker.[/QUOTE]
Did you for real just call me a wanker?

Color me impressed.

[quote name='skid']Lol @ canadian insults.[/QUOTE]

hehehe those bloody canadians and their tea and krumpets and their beef wellington.

[quote name='Strell']Wt.

I have three sisters.

All of them annoying.[/quote]
Having never owned the original NES, I once met a girl who had an NES at her mother's house. We played Mario 3 multiplayer together, and she kicked my ass bad (she knew all the secrets and warp flute stuff and whatnot, and I did not). First I got better, then I managed to put up a good fight. Then, I got through Mario 3, then I beat 1 and 2 because I felt that needed to.

And then I married her.

Woo!

I got the email add and the $25 GC is in there.

It says limited quantities available and it is valid on your next visit.

Wonder how many is limited quantities.

You guys are retarded and should be banned from breathing, get back on topic.

Been playing my friends japanese copy for the last 2 days, wouldve been playing a week ago but he got snail shipping. This game has set a new standard, and it pisses me off how boring other games will be next to it. 3rd party developers for the Wii better take notes, because this game defines not only a system, but a console generation.

Actually Wanker is the maiden name of the lovely woman who you see in my avatar :D

I have this pre-ordered at Amazon. I sure hope this ships tomorrow..as I'll get it on Tuesday :)

bread's done
Back