Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3 75 cents at half.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
ackbar.jpg

er... scam

When I originally saw the listing the description just said:
Brand New
s.gif
!!! This special pricing is very limited!!
If it is a scam, and I think there is a good chance that it is, I don't get why someone would even bother trying to scam. After the item hasn't arrived, you just file a claim with half.com and they will give you your money back. I guess some people would forget about it and he could pocket that.

And why 75 cents? You could still "sell" just as many if you listed these new games for like $10-15.

This same guy is on the Amazon Marketplace. His "restrictions" are that you have to sgn up for 4 different trial offers to be elligible to receive your game. Of course he doesn't tell you this until AFTER you've placed your order. I don't know how shit like this is even legal. I filed a complaint against him on Amazon, and I'd advise others to do the same on Half.com. Scumbags like this should be erased from the planet.

Just got off the phone with the seller. I gave him my CC info and he promises the games will be in next week. I can't wait, thx a million OP!!!

Well that's the thing,

Half.com issues payments to sellers on the 15th and 30th if I remember correctly. So by the time you realize the item isn't comming, your money is long gone.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Just got off the phone with the seller. I gave him my CC info and he promises the games will be in next week. I can't wait, thx a million OP!!![/quote]

LOL:roll:

[quote name='snaxor']Someone put up Super Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 for 75 cents new on half.com. It might very well be a scam, however, since the seller is also listing GTA IV for 75 cents (and the price is so low). So be careful if you try and get it.

Links:
Super Mario Galaxy
Halo 3

The seller[/QUOTE]

A scam, you say? I can't believe it. We have a celebrity poster at CAG:

captainobvious.jpg

[quote name='bshawnm']Hell, I'll bite. I have a Visa gift card with only like $10 on it. Let's see what happens....[/quote]

I think it might actually be easier to get your money back with a normal CC card. Half.com doesn't forward your CC info to the seller and if worse comes to worse you can always call your credit card company and get them to give you a refund.

Half.com has their Buyer Protection Policy. If its a scam you can fill a claim and get your money back from them. So, your money won't be long gone, Half.com's will. I had to fill a claim with amazon when someone didn't send me a game (someone took over another persons account I suspect, which could be the same here), and they have a similar policy about buyer protection. It just takes time. So bite if you don't mind having to deal with that crap.

Well, the good thing is that Half.com doesn't give the CC info to the seller. So, if it's a scam, the person scamming won't get that info. Hell, Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy for 75 cents, I'll take that deal. Besides, at worst I'm out 7 dollars for both. At best, I have two games that I only paid 7 dollars for. Who knows, maybe someone is being generous for the holiday season. It's been known to happen before. I like to think that there are still good people out there. I know, I shouldn't be such an optimistic person.

Here's hoping it's not too good to be true. Good luck to all CAG's this Christmas.

[quote name='WoodyChris']Well, the good thing is that Half.com doesn't give the CC info to the seller. So, if it's a scam, the person scamming won't get that info. Hell, Halo 3 and Mario Galaxy for 75 cents, I'll take that deal. Besides, at worst I'm out 7 dollars for both. At best, I have two games that I only paid 7 dollars for. Who knows, maybe someone is being generous for the holiday season. It's been known to happen before. I like to think that there are still good people out there. I know, I shouldn't be such an optimistic person.

Here's hoping it's not too good to be true. Good luck to all CAG's this Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, ok, I'm not sure which planet you're living on, but I'm pretty sure it's not this one...

It should be easy to get the money back, all you have to do is tell Half.com you didn't receive it and since the seller doesn't have a DC number showing it's delivered, the seller would lose the dispute. I wouldn't bother ordering though

[quote name='WoodyChris']Who knows, maybe someone is being generous for the holiday season. [/quote]
You might be able to argue that its someone being generous if he didn't put up GTA IV as well (since its not available yet). In fact, thats what a thought at first, because when I first saw it, he only had Halo and SMG and the description made no mention of 'Restrictions'. But I'm sure a few people out side of this forum have probably bought from him since the I first saw the listing at 9:30am (~3hrs ago). Since the listing is still up, I think there is no realistic chance this guy has a handful of these games (and will honor GTA IV preorders) that he is going to part for 75 cents.

Would a mod please delete this. It's already been revealed that they are NOT just 75 cents. If it belongs anywhere(which it doesn't) it belongs in the referral area.

[quote name='deathscythehe']Would a mod please delete this.[/quote]

I concur.

I mentioned it probably was a scam in the original post, but I guess the premise of super cheap new games is just too tempting. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back