Super Mario Maker Wii U + 30th Annv. Mario Amiibo for $47 at Walmart

Hmm... tempting. Already got the modern Mario but the game is cheaper than Best Buy after GCU.

I can open up mines if i order this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard about this game here and there on podcasts, it sounded like Nintendo's version of those LittleBigPlanet level builders.  Is this game basically for adults?  As in, could a kid in early elementary school years actually have fun with it? 

I've heard about this game here and there on podcasts, it sounded like Nintendo's version of those LittleBigPlanet level builders. Is this game basically for adults? As in, could a kid in early elementary school years actually have fun with it?
YES! 3-year olds have created levels with this game. Really one of the most innovative games of all time, and Nintendo keeps on making it better. Provides budding game designers with a entirely new outlet to showcase their creativity.

I've heard about this game here and there on podcasts, it sounded like Nintendo's version of those LittleBigPlanet level builders. Is this game basically for adults? As in, could a kid in early elementary school years actually have fun with it?
There is a wide range of difficulties:

Easy - easy enough for anyone; some of the levels even play themselves

Normal - for casual but capable players

Expert - hard levels (usually) for experienced platform fans

Super Expert - crazy hard

You can also skip levels if they're too hard for you.

Estimated pickup 3-21 lol. I know damn well they have both of these in stock smh...
Their website is run differently than their in store. They're not like Best Buy and Target where you can have them find the item on the shelf for you.

Since it's their own website, you could try to get them to PM the bundle. They're technically not supposed to but the employee might bend the rules for their own website. Worth a shot if you don't have the patience for 2 weeks.

Their website is run differently than their in store. They're not like Best Buy and Target where you can have them find the item on the shelf for you.

Since it's their own website, you could try to get them to PM the bundle. They're technically not supposed to but the employee might bend the rules for their own website. Worth a shot if you don't have the patience for 2 weeks.
I thought they switched policy and now price match their own website a few months ago? Either way, ive done it at a few locations recently and haven't had any issues.

What does the amiibo do again?
http://www.mariowiki.com/Big_Mushroom

Basically allows you to use Big Mushrooms in your created courses, for a Mega Mario-esque power up, similar to the DS NSMB. Also does some screen gags and costume changes, nothing really that essential and just a fun gimmick.

However, I think this is the first real sale I've seen on SMM, well worth it for the comparative ~$35-$37 price for just the game. It's regularly updated with free content (usually 8-bit costumes, but occasional updates with key item additions), and can be incredibly engrossing if you get into create mode.

It's a game that my 6 year old, wife, and I get into equally, really something for everyone.

FYI
Pick up for items is in back of store. I bought some other items and asked cashier if CS was where I needed to go for online pick up. She said yes. 30 minutes after waiting in line CS rep says go to back of store. Huge sign by electronics in orange that's says PICKUP. Couldn't find cashier to thank her for won't my time. .....

i went to my local wal-mart today and was able to get them to price match the bundle. it might be the manager i was talking to so may be ymmv.
Right, like I said earlier, it's worth asking because they might bend that rule for their own website. But it's still YMMV because they're not really supposed to according to their policy.

i went to my local wal-mart today and was able to get them to price match the bundle. it might be the manager i was talking to so may be ymmv.
The people at my Walmart are so dumb I could never get them to PM this. One time, I wanted to PM Amazon, and they said they couldn't PM any item with the prime logo next to the listing price. I wanted to smack the shit out of that dude.

It's very child-friendly in the sense that there isn't much to it. It's essentially an extremely simplified version of LittleBigPlanet (but of course with Mario physics and assets): much, much simpler engine and creation system, no campaign, no multiplayer mode, etc. So it's perfect for that age group. As an adult, though, I found it really underwhelming after all of the hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you pice match the bundle at Best Buy? I have a gift card and would love to e able to get this

bread's done
Back