Super Monkey Ball (Nintendo 3DS) $29.99

wonder if this is in stores too..I'd be down for this game, however, they say tilt mechanics make it hard to keep track with the 3D..anyone have this game and like it?

I have the same concern, does anyone know if you can play the game with the analog stick?

[quote name='token2k6']wonder if this is in stores too..I'd be down for this game, however, they say tilt mechanics make it hard to keep track with the 3D..anyone have this game and like it?[/QUOTE]

3D doesn't add much to the game from what i've heard, so its best to just turn it off, I think you can use the circle pad to play instead of twisting the system.

Yeah, it's pretty much what you would expect. The 3D goes nuts if you move the system around but you can indeed use the circle pad to play the game.

[quote name='sciafb']3D doesn't add much to the game from what i've heard, so its best to just turn it off, I think you can use the circle pad to play instead of twisting the system.[/QUOTE]

In that case, why not just skip it?
This is all budget/rehash stuff to take advantage of the launch. Wait 'til all this rehash (Ridge Racer, Pilot Wings, Monkey ball, et. all) stuff goes $20 or below. It'll be there soon enough!

[quote name='dragonjud']In that case, why not just skip it?
This is all budget/rehash stuff to take advantage of the launch. Wait 'til all this rehash (Ridge Racer, Pilot Wings, Monkey ball, et. all) stuff goes $20 or below. It'll be there soon enough![/QUOTE]

whoa whoa, lets leave Pilot Wings out of this, its been like 15 years man! I wouldn't think about picking up a 3DS w/o picking that game up. Yeah it may be kinda short and there is no sacred helicopter level ;) but still worth it!

[quote name='token2k6']whoa whoa, lets leave Pilot Wings out of this, its been like 15 years man! I wouldn't think about picking up a 3DS w/o picking that game up. Yeah it may be kinda short and there is no sacred helicopter level ;) but still worth it![/QUOTE]

:lol: Yeah, I probably should've left Pilotwings out. Guess just mad Nintendo didn't pack it with the system. Probably would've sold a few more units on launch.
That said, I'm thankful I enjoy Street Fighter 'cause otherwise this thing would be collecting dust. Not paying more than $20-25 for Ridge Racer, Monkey ball, or any of other remakes.

Now that you mention it, I'm surprised it didn't have a game with it, even the original DS launch had Metroid Prime Hunters for a limited time. Although I will give it the Pre-Loaded games that it does come with. Also, I've seen a trend of Nintendo not offering a Mario game at launch, how can you have such an iconic character for a company not represent?!??!?! What the hell Nintendo, I think they have done this since the Gamecube, but I'll give them that one since they did come out with Luigi's Mansion.

[quote name='token2k6']wonder if this is in stores too..I'd be down for this game, however, they say tilt mechanics make it hard to keep track with the 3D..anyone have this game and like it?[/QUOTE]

Tilting does mess with the 3D a little bit, so IMO that's something to do with 2D the second time you go through the game. You should play and complete it first in 3D though, at least IMO.

However...

[quote name='sciafb']3D doesn't add much to the game from what i've heard, so its best to just turn it off.[/QUOTE]

You heard incorrectly. Monkey Ball has some of the best 3D on the system, at least from what I've seen. I think you'd be missing out on a really cool experience by turning 3D off. For a second playthrough, however, tilt + 2D could be fun.

For the record, it does seem slightly easier than past Monkey Ball games, but I like it a lot so far. If you're into Monkey Ball, I'd say it's worth picking up.

bread's done
Back