Super Smash Bros. Brawl Demo Petition

rakaminkol

CAGiversary!
God Link wrote:

Well we have seen them, the gameplay videos are really exciting and make you want to

play the game more and more. What a group of us have done is put together a petition that

did cost money. We want everyone to sign it and we will then send it to Nintendo of America

to either give us a taste of Brawl through Wii channels kinda like Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii.

We aim for 1000+ signatures, and something tells me it will work. Also if you know any other

forums, encourage them to sign it and share it with others. We may be able to get a demo

since the release date was changed. Maybe the same thing we got at the events

(Treehouse, Nintendo Conference, etc) instead of traveling 5+ hours just to play a demo.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SSBBDemo

Thanks in advance.

Aw, c'mon. Even if petitions never work, this is a great way to display to Nintendo that people want demos.

The more times they hear it, and the more places they hear it from, the greater the likelihood that...

...aw, who am I kidding. They'll do whatever the fuck they want.

This reminds me of how the people behind BioShock stated in their forums if 500 people say they want a Limited Edition version of BioShock, that it'll happen...so all that really did was promote the game and the LE version

Same thing goes with the Castlevania PSP game...I heard the people behind that posted a petition on Gamespot and it got a lot of support and thus a Castlevania for PSP was created..

I don't think this would work
On second thought..
..unless of course Nintendo wants to garner even more attention by releasing a demo

I'd rather they spend the time it would take to make a demo and instead use it to finish the game sooner/better

[quote name='jlseal']I'd rather they spend the time it would take to make a demo and instead use it to finish the game sooner/better[/QUOTE]

Because cramming what already works into a sampler size really detracts from development.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Because cramming what already works into a sampler size really detracts from development.[/QUOTE]

Actually, yes, a demo can detract from development.

That was one of the big reasons a lot of the bigger developers said they didn't mind a scaled back E3, because they could gain - in some cases - 1-2 additional months a year of development time spent on the actual game as opposed to popping out a playable demo based on what was already done.

It's not just as simple as copy and paste "completedSmashcode.exe" onto a disc. There's much more to it than that. If the demo looks bad, people will be turned off. So you can be absolutely sure that the developer would pay a lot of attention to the demo, which would require a good amount of time and attention.

In regards to the OP, I kind of agree with the idea that if the game has gotten delayed, maybe they could somehow give everyone a demo. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Although, if Nintendo were to do it, that would be the title to do it with.

Wow!

A Super Smash Bros. Brawl demo!!!!

I bet no one at Nintendo's thought about making one of those in the last two some odd years the game has been in development! I know what'll convince them to do it faster! A bunch of stupid internet nicknames typed onto a web page! That'll kick their butts into gear!

[quote name='The Crotch']Only racists and kitten-haters sign internet petitions.[/QUOTE]

I hate black kittens.

Hell, I'd sign a petition to get any sort of demo for the Wii. I don't rely on reviews as I think they're subjective.

GameStop seems to be getting a clue, though. I visited last week and they had a Wiimote and nunchuck setup with little holders for each of them and MP3: Corruption loaded. Tried playing it, but I got a "Please plug in the nunchuck controller" or some such message. I would've asked a clerk for help, but I didn't have time to get an earful of "durrrrr".

This seems to be a game that everybody is already planning to buy. If the demo isn't going to greatly increase sales, why put the time and money towards developing it?

Want a demo? Try SSBM.

Yeah, I don't see a playable demo. At best we'll get some small, res videos on a preview channel like we did for Metroid Prime 3.

And I kind of doubt they'll even do that since they have the whole dojo website.

[quote name='myxyplik']Hell, I'd sign a petition to get any sort of demo for the Wii. I don't rely on reviews as I think they're subjective.

GameStop seems to be getting a clue, though. I visited last week and they had a Wiimote and nunchuck setup with little holders for each of them and MP3: Corruption loaded. Tried playing it, but I got a "Please plug in the nunchuck controller" or some such message. I would've asked a clerk for help, but I didn't have time to get an earful of "durrrrr".[/QUOTE]

Did this come up after you pressed start?

If so, it always does that. "Nunchuk is required."

Okay, you people just aren't getting it. You're going to fork over $50 or so on blind faith that Brawl is going to be as good as Melee? Sure, I've been following game's progress, too, but I wouldn't be suprised if some element borks the entire game experience.

Whatever, though, hopefully it won't suck. Otherwise, good luck making up the difference on eBay/Gamestop/wherever.

Bye.

[quote name='myxyplik']Okay, you people just aren't getting it. You're going to fork over $50 or so on blind faith that Brawl is going to be as good as Melee? Sure, I've been following game's progress, too, but I wouldn't be suprised if some element borks the entire game experience.

Whatever, though, hopefully it won't suck. Otherwise, good luck making up the difference on eBay/Gamestop/wherever.

Bye.[/quote]

looks like I wasn't the only one who had this board confused for the Smash bros. brawl board..;)

[quote name='myxyplik']Okay, you people just aren't getting it. You're going to fork over $50 or so on blind faith that Brawl is going to be as good as Melee? Sure, I've been following game's progress, too, but I wouldn't be suprised if some element borks the entire game experience.

Bye.[/QUOTE]

While I get the sentiment, it's very seldom that I've every felt gipped out of $50 for buying a big Nintendo release.

So I'm always comfortable plopping down money for the latest Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros etc. without playing it first. Plus one can always check reviews first and see if it's on par for the series.

A demo is nice, but not required for Nintendo games as I feels "safe" buying their big franchises.

bread's done
Back