Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='t0llenz']Am I the only one who likes the wii-mote/chuck combo? I think it's great!

I'm a big fan of Pit and Sonic (now that I have him unlocked). I'm going at it rather slow for the unlocking considering my entire time playing it was yesterday...for about 6-7 hours of five of us taking turns jumping into 4 man brawls.[/quote]

I've just played with the remote. I'll have to try the wii-mote/chuck,and classic controller to see which one I like. Either I'm lazy or not to picky the wii-mote by it's self is fine :D

[quote name='jman619']I've just played with the remote. I'll have to try the wii-mote/chuck,and classic controller to see which one I like. Either I'm lazy or not to picky the wii-mote by it's self is fine :D[/QUOTE]
I played for hours yesterday with 5 people (myself included) 2 of us liked the wii-mote/chuck combo, we had one Wavebird purist, a Classic Controller fan, and my sister absolutely loved playing with the regular wii-mote. She felt it was the simplest control scheme and used it to rock everyone with either Kirby or Sheik.

I've added everyone from the outdated OP and from OP's Post #270 up to Sparky. I am out of free slots, used up all 64. Only a couple people have added me. If you are below sparky or not in the post, please PM me and I'll make room for you. If you are above Sparky and you don't add me, I may take you off my list starting with the top and working my way down.

Everyone start putting the friends codes in!

Count me in.

SSBB code: 3136-6213-0535
Wii code: 3960-3720-7666-2465

Send me a PM with your code(s) if you add me so I can reciprocate... this thread is too long for me to sift through ;).

--R.J.

[quote name='t0llenz']I played for hours yesterday with 5 people (myself included) 2 of us liked the wii-mote/chuck combo, we had one Wavebird purist, a Classic Controller fan, and my sister absolutely loved playing with the regular wii-mote. She felt it was the simplest control scheme and used it to rock everyone with either Kirby or Sheik.[/quote]

I'm new to the Wavebird (thanks to Mr Lobstah) but I like it. My wife uses the Classic controller since she plays a lot of Harvest Moon and knows it lol I still haven't tried the Wiichuck but I want to soon.

[quote name='t0llenz']Am I the only one who likes the wii-mote/chuck combo? I think it's great![/quote]
No, I like it too. I map the control pad to smash attacks, turn off tap-jumping, and I'm good.

As for the online options, my understanding is that the controls will appear/disappear based on what online features are available. Deleting your save data shouldn't be necessary.

--R.J.

I'd like to get used to the Wii+nunchuck, but I think I'm pretty good with the CC already.
I played yesterday for 17 hours.
Gunna mostly focus on unlocking stages and songs today.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I played yesterday for 17 hours. [/quote]

good god, i thought i was bad playing it for three or four hours.

[quote name='Scorch']good god, i thought i was bad playing it for three or four hours.[/quote]
My wife agrees with you, at least.

Can't wait till we move into our house and I have a separate room for gaming.

I got this at midnight (actually got it around 1am because of the long line) and only had time to beat it once as Fox, but I like it, I can't wait to have a 4 person brawl (sorry for the pun) this weekend with some friends.

I will add everyone in the OP and any updated lists from then on. Feel free to add my Wii code (listed to the left) as well and PM me if you do.

CAG name/SSBB name: 78Whitey/Trav
SSBB FC: 2964-8285-3646

This is weird. I was watching some SSE clips on You Tube, and there part where
King Dedede pins a pin on Luigi, Ness and Peach. Well on my game I clearly remember it being Luigi, Ness and Zelda. In the video he put the pin on her chest, but I remember him placing it on Zelda's shoulder.

Hmm... I wonder if it might have something to do with who you saved in the 1st Boss Fight? Cause I got the same thing as the youtube guy...

[quote name='xpag406']Hmm... I wonder if it might have something to do with who you saved in the 1st Boss Fight? Cause I got the same thing as the youtube guy...[/quote]
That must be it I guess. Pretty much everything that happened to Peach in the video happened to Zelda in my run.

[quote name='xpag406']Hmm... I wonder if it might have something to do with who you saved in the 1st Boss Fight? Cause I got the same thing as the youtube guy...[/quote]

I have a feeling that this is the case exactly.

My friend code is 1332-7379-8966

add me.

CAG Name/ SSBB Name : Rendochai / Ren

Edit :: Added Cappy, Decrot, Champ, Antip, Mr. Famous, Pudd, Tom, Kevin, Gizmo, and Trav... I really hate friend codes :(

OK so I had a Wii message saying there was new vault data. When I connected to WiFi it said there was a new stage, snapshots, and replay...but I'm not seeing them in the vault.

Am I crazy or just doing it wrong?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I played yesterday for 17 hours.[/quote]

:shock: Jesus Christ. Even if I didn't have a job, wife, responsibilities, etc. I could not do that, even if I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun... just.... wow.

I'm gonna try and pack in some power playing tomorrow. I definitely haven't had as much time as I'd want to with SSBB yet.

My wife is incredibly uninterested in playing Brawl -- BUT, she thoroughly enjoys sitting around and knitting/watching me play Brawl for hours on end :p

Sorry about that dast, I just wanted to add someone, I made a room again if anyone wants to join. Great games so far by the way dast!

[quote name='seanr1221']2921-8755-8987

Someone play with me.[/quote]Let's play right now man. This is just my temp code until I get my personal Wii back.

1976-9819-4238

[quote name='Wooten']Dast, you having connection problems?[/quote]

[quote name='Wooten']GG dast, olimar is so strange in the ice climbers level when the gravity starts changing.[/quote]

[quote name='Wooten']Sorry about that dast, I just wanted to add someone, I made a room again if anyone wants to join. Great games so far by the way dast![/quote]

Nah no connection problems, I accidentally joined at first with wiimote instead of wavebird.

Olimar whooped me good :D

I'll sign back on.

finally got past the 'unable to read disc' error...got to play for about an hour. came back after eating and back to the error :mad:

my system is on its way back to nintendo. guess i've got another week or so wait

[quote name='dallow']Let's play right now man. This is just my temp code until I get my personal Wii back.

1976-9819-4238[/QUOTE]

Adding now.

So...how many hours have you guys put in so far?

I'm at 11:15. :lol: That's a new record for me, but kinda cheating since I slept after the first 3 hours. Previous record-- DoA:Ultimate on launch day several years ago, 8 hours.

None of my friends are online at the moment so I tried brawling with anyone

I wait forever and nothing happens - anyone have any luck just brawling with anyone?

[quote name='Wooten']I can't believe all you guys don't like Olimar, for some reason I love him so far. :D[/quote]I want to like him but I have no clue how to be effective with him yet. Hopefully he pops up in the SSE at some point so I can try him out in a less pressurized situation. I'm enjoying being terrible with Pit for now.

[quote name='botticus']I want to like him but I have no clue how to be effective with him yet. Hopefully he pops up in the SSE at some point so I can try him out in a less pressurized situation. I'm enjoying being terrible with Pit for now.[/QUOTE]

Once you obtain him (or any other character) you can go back and play a level with any of the characters in your storyline at any level of difficulty. I like SSE for the fact that it allows/forces you to try out nearly every character, so you have a better feel for who you like.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Is anyone else having issues seeing the Wi-fi Options menu? This is what I see. Here's the menu with the options. I can't get today's stage/picture/replay, or do anything in spectator mode either. What's going on?[/quote]

You aren't the only one. Mine is the exact same way.

I'm not deleting my save data. Nintendo better have a plan that doesn't involve deleting the save data!

Fun Sean, but way too laggy for me even to be a little bit effective.

Hard to adjust for the 1 second delay.
I've had other games where it's been near perfect, hopefully it'll clear up.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I have added the following CAGs:

lilboo
Zelminar
Arikado
naes
EcoFreak
Apossum
Jamezuva
moojuice
TheRock88
Strell
sasukekun

Again, PM me if you are going to add me so I can add you.

[/quote]

I"ve added today

BlueLobstah
Macdis
Lieutenant Dan
JohnnyFoxDarko
lyric706
[email protected]
daroga

there were probably some more people I added and notified via PM. If I'm not showing up no on your friends list, PM me to get this resolved. Thanks!

How does unlocking characters work with SSE? At what point are they available for brawls. I've used characters in SSE that I can't use in fights so I'm just wondering how it works. I've gotten a few from classic mode but that is it.

[quote name='Wooten']Cheesed with the hammer hehe[/quote]

Sorry, I feel like I cheesed that entire fight :cry:

Oh, I added you Wooten, though I know your FC list is full at the moment.

[quote name='dmunkee']Sorry, I feel like I cheesed that entire fight :cry:

Oh, I added you Wooten, though I know your FC list is full at the moment.[/quote]

Lol it's all good man after I'm done playing with these gentlemen I'll make sure to add you cheif.

bread's done
Back