Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
Plus, the movie he was in, although HORRIBLE, made him look like an even bigger badass, launching Aura Spheres like so many Hadokens.[/quote]I hereby nominate you for least-masculine poster on CAG.

And yes, I am aware of the fact that there are women here.

And a guy named "Lilboo".

[quote name='Rig']I'm actually glad to see Jigglypuff. Hopefully, they make her stronger for this version.[/quote]
Uh... why? She was plenty powerful in Melee.

[quote name='RyokoYaksa']Uh... why? She was plenty powerful in Melee.[/quote]

Eh, I guess I just wasn't a fan. Maybe it was the moves, or maybe I'm just not that great with the slower characters.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Oh man, I was all over Lucario. In the pokemanz games, he's about as opposite of Mewtwo as you can get. Quick, hard-hitter, and he just looks like a jackal badass.[/quote]

Actually Mewtwo is harder hitting and even faster than Lucario in the Pokemon games. They're very similar in the Pokemon games and I could imagine them being similar in Brawl as well. I don't see the B move changing at all, though Lucario will have better traction imo. Lucario will likely be smaller as well, since hes half the size of Mewtwo in the Pokemon games.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']:nottalking:
I hope Ridley is smaller than Olimar.[/quote]
I hope they get the colour scheme on the Axem Rangers wrong.

I also hope I do well on my English A30 exam tomorrow. I should probably have studied at least once in the last week. I also should have gone to bed a good two hours ago.

Ah, fuck it.

Jigglypuff was definitely one of my favorites in Melee. And I'm glad to have Ness back, if only because I'm glad there's a Mother character in the game I actually recognize(*insert Mother 3 rant here*).

Mewtwo is a great pokemon, but he was weak in Melee. I'm not going to complain about him being replaced with Lucario.

I read over at GAF that
Captain Falcon, Falco, and Gannondorf are all returning, which is great. Not so great is that Wolf is apparently in the game. StarFox definitely doesn't need 3 characters, and if they did I'd have much rather had someone like Slippy(yes I know he's annoying) over Wolf. At least at the moment it's unconfirmed, but it seems to be coming from a reliable source.

If I was a little more spiteful, I would continue. But I'm too nice a person to do that. I'd rather just play you in Brawl, where I can say whatever without you hearing me. That's how the pros do it.

Can't stay mad at you.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
No, the fave I was referring to was Ganandorf :)
[/quote]
Oh, I thought you were referring to Marth. ;)

Trying to input various character names.

Mr. Game & Watch is giving me this:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/mrgameandwatch.html
The following error was encountered:
  • Socket Failure
The system returned:
(98) Address already in use Squid is unable to create a TCP socket, presumably due to excessive load. Please retry your request. 210.138.139.135

Generated Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:01:57 GMT by 210.138.139.135

Only one that seems to be doing that. Hmm...

EDIT: I guess Ganondorf does it too. (210.138.139.166)

EDIT 2: Zelda's Final Smash tonight.

For the G&W, I just get a 404 not found.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Is it just me, or is the site not working?[/quote]

It's working fine for me

You know, maybe this is stupid and I'd be the only one who would enjoy it... but i think being able to select your Mii as a playable character would be awesome.

I mean the Mii itself can just have 1 set of moves regardless of whomever you pick. Or maybe a male move set & a female moveset, but that'd be it.

Anyone else agree..?

[quote name='lilboo']You know, maybe this is stupid and I'd be the only one who would enjoy it... but i think being able to select your Mii as a playable character would be awesome.

I mean the Mii itself can just have 1 set of moves regardless of whomever you pick. Or maybe a male move set & a female moveset, but that'd be it.

Anyone else agree..?[/quote]

It's possible, as it has been on many of the random rosters floating around.

Of course, they were probably all wish-lists, but you never know. They have everything else in this game. :lol:

(I can ping both of those addresses that I was given when searching for characters earlier. Interesting.)

[quote name='SMMM']Attention everyone!

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

Check around 4:20 in the lower-right-hand corner that shows who you can use the stickers on. Lucario's, Jigg's, and Ness's heads appear in separate images:

Lucario/Jiggs:
vip439380np6.jpg

Ness:
iup542612bd3.jpg

They're in. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I just watched the video via that link and NONE of those images appear. :shock:

Either Nintendo got wise to the spoilers and wiped em, or someone is fucking with us!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I know I have been already quoted, but I have deleted my posts in protection of letting you people know info.[/QUOTE]

It's a little too late for that :)

[quote name='Gameboy415']I just watched the video via that link and NONE of those images appear. :shock:

Either Nintendo got wise to the spoilers and wiped em, or someone is fucking with us![/quote]
I see it just fine. at 4:20-4:21-ish

Edit: You have to pause it to see it, apparently. So, there is just a frame or two, something you can't see normally, but if you pause at the right time BAM!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I see it just fine. at 4:20-4:21-ish

Edit: You have to pause it to see it, apparently. So, there is just a frame or two, something you can't see normally, but if you pause at the right time BAM![/QUOTE]

I was just about to call you crazy but I got them to show up by pausing it too!

It's a cover-up! I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Definitely see it after pausing. Seems too blurry to say its lucario though.... Who's the other guy in the middle with pikachu and jigg?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']anyone consider one of the metal gears to be a boss?

also, most of you don't know this, but I'm glad that I may or may not know that my favorite character in the smash series will be back again. and no, this character has not been announced or shown on the smash site yet.[/quote]has it really come down to posts like this now???!!!

I thought it was annoying when we started posting dream rosters again. New Rule: Don't bother confirming or denying if you haven't been asked.

[quote name='KhaosX']Definitely see it after pausing. Seems too blurry to say its lucario though.... Who's the other guy in the middle with pikachu and jigg?[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Trainer.

Makes sense that a Pokemon sticker could be used by all the Pokemon characters. I'm sad Mewtwo is potentially out tho. :(

I thinkwe all need to take a pause here. Everyone thought Lucas meant Ness was out and I think we're all starting to disbelieve that now. Noone has said anything about -Mewtwo. The news just seems to point to +Lucario. Considering how popular Pokemon is it's not unreasonable to assume they'd throw one more in as playable. Just because they add a pokemon doesn't mean they're taking one away. We're moving from minidisc to full size DVD. I don't think we should be losing ANYONE until at least the next game/generation. We've got so much more space.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I thinkwe all need to take a pause here. Everyone thought Lucas meant Ness was out and I think we're all starting to disbelieve that now. Noone has said anything about -Mewtwo. The news just seems to point to +Lucario. Considering how popular Pokemon is it's not unreasonable to assume they'd throw one more in as playable. Just because they add a pokemon doesn't mean they're taking one away. We're moving from minidisc to full size DVD. I don't think we should be losing ANYONE until at least the next game/generation. We've got so much more space.[/QUOTE]

That's very true, but I wasn't assuming Mewtwo is out due to the inclusion of Lucario. You'd figure if he WAS in this time around you'd be able to use Pokemon stickers on him too, right? Yet he's not pictured with the other Pokemon characters in the screenshot we've seen via the Japanese trailer.

*shrug*

I HOPE he's in, I'm just saying that it seems doubtful from the looks of that screenshot. :(

[quote name='opportunity777']The news is all over GameFAQs.

It's just a few more days before we find out who is in the game, so I'm not going to speculate too much.[/quote]wait, what news, what is everyone talking about???

[quote name='pop311']wait, what news, what is everyone talking about???[/QUOTE]

About the characters that got accidently confirmed - Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucario.

I want to fully believe that Metwo will not be in this game since Lucario is in. Having both just makes it seem like a bit too many Pokemon characters. I understand that out of all the Nintendo franchises, clearly Pokemon has the most characters! Let's face it, when Smash Bros Melee came out.. Mewtwo was still bad ass. He was one of the big & powerful Pokemon in THAT time. 6 years later...there's more Pokemon. Lucario is the new & cool Pokemon. I'd imagine if & when there's ANOTHER Smash Bros game for the next system.. Lucario would be out & whomever the new/popular Pokemon will be in.

But of course, this doesn't mean anything. Mewtwo could very well be in this game. I'm just trying to use some logic, that is all.

I'm glad Ness was confirmed (by viewing the pic at least). He was my favorite character. I've also an Earthbound fanboy since elementary school too, so ya.

Y'know, this doesn't confirm Mewtwo's gone. Maybe he didn't show up in the video because he hadn't been unlocked?

Of course, I haven't actually watched the damn thing, but...

... but Zelda's FS looks kinda weak. Straight line = not my thing. Probably ultra-powerful, but hitting with that would be a bitch.

[quote name='The Crotch']

... but Zelda's FS looks kinda weak. Straight line = not my thing. Probably ultra-powerful, but hitting with that would be a bitch.[/quote]

The big problem I see with this is that its power is highly dependent on which stage you're fighting on.

If you're using Zelda on a big stage, like Hyrule Temple which they showed the move on, it's not going to be that effective. The stage is too large, and there are a lot of potential obstacles for people to hide behind.

If you're using her on a smaller, flatter stage, like Bridge of Eldin (ironically, also from Zelda). . .the stage is perfectly flat, and not that long. If you're playing against three people, one or two of them might dodge it by jumping or ducking, but you'd have a hard time not hitting at least one person on a stage like that.

Unfortunately, this power is probably going to really suck on scrolling stages like DK's new stage. People are constantly moving either upwards or downwards on Icicle Mountain, and this stage looks to be the exact same way.

bread's done
Back