Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

here are some interesting highlights from the interview
For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different.
sounds to me like we won't get our Mii fighter
What I felt at the time, just like you said earlier, is that games you could recommend to a first-time gamer didn’t exist. At the time, complexity was escalating and the only games available were ones that really challenged its players.
I don't really have anything to see that just really resonates with me. It's hard to get someone into games when they're all so bloody complicated for them.
Speaking of shared roots, we were both surprised in regards to the similarities between the direction of the Smash Bros. Brawl network and the Wi-Fi connection proposed by Nintendo.
This is how the interview ends. Since online is going to kinda suck. I'm HIGHLY interested to hear what sort of justification they're going to use to explain this to us.

I think a mii fighter would be pretty stupid. However if you could fight in a redesigned mii plaza and beat the hell out of the stupid looking miis who are cheering for you would be cool.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I think a mii fighter would be pretty stupid. However if you could fight in a redesigned mii plaza and beat the hell out of the stupid looking miis who are cheering for you would be cool.[/quote]

I would pay greatly for such a feature.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Speaking of shared roots, we were both surprised in regards to the similarities between the direction of the Smash Bros. Brawl network and the Wi-Fi connection proposed by Nintendo.

This is how the interview ends. Since online is going to kinda suck. I'm HIGHLY interested to hear what sort of justification they're going to use to explain this to us.[/quote]I see nothing inherently wrong or bad with online. Then again, I'm one of those people who dislike the Xbox Live experience.

Roper you suck Mii fighter would be the bees knees man. The freaking bees knees.

Ryoko we have to be specific. I love playing Warcraft II online with peoples. Online in games is awesome (as long as there is also offline) it's Nintendo Online to which I object. It's one thing they don't do right.

Selecting your Mii (well ANY Mii) would be amazing. I say this because you know there are certain characters that just GET ON YOUR NERVES??? Well, you can now play as yourself and kick their ass ^_^.. But you know what ELSE would be fun? 4 players using their Mii...that would be just amazing.

Now I'm sad that it's not going to happen :cry:

Japanese commercials leaked.

j6o8ba.jpg

muy2wm.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RZ5WPYKJ

It's an flv. Use VLC Media player if you can.

I haz a question..
When it comes to Adventure Mode (or the Subspace Emissary or whatever it's called...:lol: ) how do you beat it with different characters..? It looks (so far) that it's a set story mode with each level having different characters. Though, I understand we don't know much about it yet..but still.

I'll admit, I was looking forward to this game, and I didn't care about the delays. Not one bit. But after seeing this footage....I take back joke I ever made about the delays. EVERYTHING. I just want to play this. Is that too much to ask?

[quote name='lilboo']Oh GOD I'm LACTATING![/QUOTE]

*Looks at Mr. Beef's sig*

Oh how right I always am, and how right people are who understand that.

The online seems to be running pretty smoothly.
Of course it would have been nice if they did a test between people in New York and people in LA, that would be about the maximum distance for any of the Dojo countries.

Mario was clearly the best player there.

The announcer guy sounds like the evil Homer counterpart from Simpsons. He's the guy who lives in Shelbyville and helped steal the lemon tree.

Someone knows what I am talking about, and will proceed to agree with me.

The American video has a stutter. Also, Sakurai has a fettish, which is confirmed in all of today's videos (from the Dojo and not ).

[quote name='Strell']Mario was clearly the best player there.

The announcer guy sounds like the evil Homer counterpart from Simpsons. He's the guy who lives in Shelbyville and helped steal the lemon tree.

Someone knows what I am talking about, and will proceed to agree with me.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='Strell']Mario was clearly the best player there.

Someone knows what I am talking about, and will proceed to agree with me.[/QUOTE]

You lose, SPRINGFIELD!

(later)

Shake harder, boy!

-CLASSIC.

[quote name='SMMM']Mine did.[/quote]

Mine does as well, but for what ever reason if you attempt to fast forward the video stops. Zoom Player works much better for me.

Part 3 of the Iwata interview is up. I loved this:

"To me, online gaming had always been a place for the strong. One person would be living it up while hundreds or thousands of people were unhappy. I can’t completely reject this model of course, but as long as things remain this way, online gaming can spread only so far no matter what you do. I mean, even if people thought it looked interesting, most would hesitate to get involved and stay lingering on the sidelines...

When people think of playing Smash Bros. online, they think about battling opponents to see what happens based on their record of wins or losses, or about holding tournaments online. But I felt that this would make it a service from which only a select group of players could derive enjoyment. For Smash Bros., there are small communities here and there where there’s fun in winning and losing, even when there are more skilled players than others. But if you make an environment where everyone is trying to climb their way to the top of a single tall mountain, it’s clear that the people having fun would be limited to a small number of individuals."

As a person who royally sucks at online gaming but still loves to do it, I personally love this feature. I'm sure 99.9% of you would disagree but you are as Sakurai called - "the strong" and I am but the weak.

[quote name='Wolfkin']VLC won't play flvs you gotta use flv player[/QUOTE]

Actually, it should if you have the right codecs. You could try the combined community codec pack.

The trailers are up on GameTrailers.com as well as a couple of new trailers (homerun bat, 5 minute Japanese gameplay, TV Spot #8).

With all of the Japanese commercials, I hope we get something that showcases Brawl, and not one of the typical "We would like to play" TV spots.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What was that sweet power-up Kirby had in the JP video? He was constantly shooting stars but was able to use all his other moves as well.[/quote]

Looked like fireballs to me. I would guess it was superspicey curry that dropped from his final smash.

bread's done
Back