Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Marsfellow']I wonder if there will possibly be a metal gear demo for Snake. If so that would be pretty nifty! As big of an MGS fan as I am, I have sadly not played the original MG games...[/quote]

me either that would be awesome

This sucks for people like me who take advantage of the Virtual Console and ..ya know..download stuff.. :roll:

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this already, as previously confirmed, Brawl will be using the Havoc engine and it seems that it will take up 128 blocks of memory to save. Don't forget to add replays, snapshots, stages, etc to that amount since it seems this is only the base amount of memory for records, SSE, and other pre-made features!
-BrawlCentral.com main page

128? I'm not mad, really. But damnit. Now I'm going to have to delete/store MORE games. So 128 JUST to save? Then "x" for replays and "x" for stages and "x" for pictures..etc?? God DAMN.

And there hasn't been any resolution to the storage "PROBLEM"? Sigh.

so what characters do you think they will have but havent shown to surprise us?

wait nvm iremember reading a few articles

id say captain falco will come back

i bet u gary will be available with 3 other pokemon lol

but... but... i don't understand the alloy fighters then... they all seem to be based on playable fighters...

the red alloy is clearly captain falcon... same position for a punch, and "not the leader" meaning he's a captain.

the blue alloy seems to be zero suit samus... it's a girl with a ponytail and "she seems gentle" because she doesn't have the armor

the green alloy seems to be jigglypuff... round, little thing on the forehead, and "looks like kirby, but isn't"

then look at the yellow alloy... it looks exactly like an animal crossing boy... they even makes reference to the horns...

how is animal crossing boy NOT playable?

[quote name='lilboo']-BrawlCentral.com main page

128? I'm not mad, really. But damnit. Now I'm going to have to delete/store MORE games. So 128 JUST to save? Then "x" for replays and "x" for stages and "x" for pictures..etc?? God DAMN.

And there hasn't been any resolution to the storage "PROBLEM"? Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably wrong on this, but I seem to remember Sakurai saying you could save data directly to the SD card.

If that's the case, no one has anything to worry about.

But I'd need that confirmed by someone who is not me.

Also, DocRamon - I took those comments about the alloy fighters as very tongue-in-cheek jokes (Red Alloy's was particularly hilarious), but I can see how your deduction upon them gives them much greater intrigue.

but weren't the wire frame fighters in melee based on playable characters in the game?

or did i make that up to support my crazy conspiracy theory and desire to play SOMETHING animal crossing on the wii?

You're misunderstanding.

The stances/moves that it looks like the alloy fighters are doing do indeed suggest that they are various characters in the game, much like (as you said) the wireframe characters in SSBM are/were.

I'm just saying I didn't think about the comments Sakurai made about them in detail as you did, such as "He's not the leader or anything!" correlating to Captain Falcon. So I'm just pointing that particular thing out - that the comments themselves are clues about characters in the game.

Someone had a picture up at NWR that showed Captain Falcon from SSBM right alongside the Red Alloy, and everything matched up perfectly. So I'm guessing they are indeed based off actual fighters.

[quote name='lilboo']This sucks for people like me who take advantage of the Virtual Console and ..ya know..download stuff.. :roll:

-BrawlCentral.com main page

And there hasn't been any resolution to the storage "PROBLEM"? Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I like Diddy's Kong Fu. Get it? Diddy... Kong Fu. Ha. Right...

Surely that only includes the save data and not all the extra crap (videos, stages, pictures, ect.). Sakurai did say that SD cards were available for saving data to. So I don't think there's really anything to worry about there. The point here isn't that Brawl's save is so massive, it is probably almost a requirement due to everything that is available. It boils down to not having enough additional memory options available with the Wii.

[quote name='seanr1221']When I first read it, I took it to be a reference to the Red Power Ranger :lol:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Samus and Pikachu seem pretty damn cool together. Weird.[/QUOTE]
Just wait until you play the next Metroid...

Yes. Actually, there are characters in the new series whose voices are the same as the ones we recorded for the Nintendo 64 Smash Bros. There are recordings we made for Final Smashes at that recording that are being used unaltered in the current Smash Bros. Brawl.

This guy is truly a Nintendo guy... Holding onto an idea for a decade. Yoshi would be proud.

[quote name='zerowing']Spoilers galore (real): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBsajRrnY8

Ness and Marth confirmed to be in the game at least and this underline won't disappear, how lame
[/QUOTE]

Ness is widely believed to already have been confirmed. As far as Marth, it has been stated in the past that several characters will be making a cameo only appearance in SSE.

[quote name='The Crotch']Lemme guess.

Rickroll?[/quote]
Bingo

I've seen thousands of Rickrolls because I'm a pathetic loser with an actual trust in humanity. And, I punish myself for those views by forcing myself to watch it all the way through each time.

[quote name='The Crotch']Lemme guess.

Rickroll?[/QUOTE]

Never gunna give you up!

Never gunna let you down!

TC, I started playing BW again the other night. Finished off episode 5 (Terran) and I'm about 3-4 in on the Zerg's campaign.

I hate hate hate trying to kill damn valks.

Edit after watching youtube video:

This confirms my suspicion that there are no more third party characters.

[quote name='UncleBob']I want to download the Intro video to my memory card/cell phone. Any ideas?[/quote]

Just google "youtube download" there are dozens of hits.

[quote name='Strell']
TC, I started playing BW again the other night. Finished off episode 5 (Terran) and I'm about 3-4 in on the Zerg's campaign.

I hate hate hate trying to kill damn valks.[/quote]I ain't even gonna get into the shit that's keeping me from playing SC. It's complicated and very annoying. We'll play again eventually.

You know what would be REALLY awesome?

If all the new Terran heroes weren't such dorks.

Stukov? Give me a break. More like Stupid. And he's a ghost! At best he's a firebat.

Brawlcentral has an image of Marth in the character select screen. I can't tell if it's fake or not, but it was sent in along with a seemingly realistic photo of Olimar-hat Kirby.

[quote name='Strell']You know what would be REALLY awesome?

If all the new Terran heroes weren't such dorks.

Stukov? Give me a break. More like Stupid. And he's a ghost! At best he's a firebat.[/quote]The Russian accent makes him cool enough to be a Ghost. Of course, he's no Tassadar. He's not even an Aldaris.

[quote name='Furashu']so who do u guys think the least most used character will be?
i say starfox or peach[/QUOTE]

How do you figure? If I'm not mistaken, there was a huge fanbase for Peach in Melee. I'm not saying that because she's my main, but I know a ton of people who loved her in Melee.

Anywho, here are the pics from Brawlcentral

1201580514379.jpg

472790df7.jpg

bread's done
Back