Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

jokercard/NHOBO
4983-4621-6735

It also seems that I cant get into a match...its just not finding people when I go to join a random Brawl

[quote name='anomynous']So what levels in SSE are Toon Link and Jigglypuff hidden on?[/quote]
Those ones you open from playing the original single player mode. Jigglypuff with anyone and Toon Link with Link, but for some reason opened only when after I had beaten it on easy, but not on normal.

Just made it to 42% done with SSE. I must say I am enjoying SSE but since I am just blowing through it to beat it, I am not taking the time to really appreciate it.

I do think SSE is a great idea though, and I am having loads of fun just having random combos of Nintendo characters.

[quote name='bardockkun']Those ones you open from playing the original single player mode. Jigglypuff with anyone and Toon Link with Link, but for some reason opened only when after I had beaten it on easy, but not on normal.[/quote]Did you beat SSE first? I am asking because I tried it today with link and got nothing and maybe it has something to do with SSE being cleared (I read that on the gamefaqs board).

I love SSE. Although, I get annoyed when I'm forced to use characters that I suck with.

I feel kinda sad that I may like Lucas more than Ness.
I also love Dedede for nothing more than getting a hammer, and seeing him go double mallet combo!!!1!1one

I only added two so far... I'm also having trouble with the WFC for anonymous matches. For people having the same issue, are you able to set up matches with registered friends?

[quote name='Strell']Left for a while for dinner, came back and added everyone who had PM'd me, as well as a few that posted in here that I'm on their system. Cleaned out some PMs, so my box isn't near full anymore.

If anyone shows me as not registered, please let me know and I'll get you added as soon as I can. I'll post a list of sorts of who is in my system when I get a chance.

Still trying to fix the issues with not being able to get into/start a match. Hopefully I'll get that sorted out tonight.

Looking forward to the brawls everyone![/QUOTE]
yay for late night brawling(except i can't stay up late today...)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Did you beat SSE first? I am asking because I tried it today with link and got nothing and maybe it has something to do with SSE being cleared (I read that on the gamefaqs board).[/quote]
Possibly, because more so I beat it on easy with Link to get the "beat original mode on easy achievement thing" and it just kinda happend. If anything, I still don't know where the fuck Star Wolf is in this damn game.

I didn't like Melee, but bought this due to hype. I am addicted. I haven't played anyone else yet. But love the classic setting and SSE.

Oh yeah, tell me who you are and ADD ME...

8950-0226-5037-5725

And when battling with strangers is there anyway to change it so it's NOT 2 minute brawls?

Chex20/Adorada
1376 5664 5923 2021

Just finished getting all characters/stages and about to play some online.

my ssbb code:2578-2792-2530

I don't know about anybody else's progress, but unlocking
Wolf
by
skipping the first door you pass when being lowered in to the pit in "Ruins"
doesn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?

[quote name='jbuck138']I didn't like Melee, but bought this due to hype. I am addicted. I haven't played anyone else yet. But love the classic setting and SSE.[/quote]

I feel the same way. I have melee,but never really cared for it. I bought this out of all the hype, and love it.

[quote name='Kendal']I have dumped about 8 hours in and have a few characters unlocked. I did unlock Snake and he rocks.[/QUOTE]

Snake is really powerful...I didn't think I would use him very much, but he's a lot more useful than I previously thought.

I picked it up at midnight since I was in the area last night, and I had a couple friends with me that came over to my place. It was a lot of fun trying out a new character and level every round, and we played for a few hours. Definitely worth buying a Wii to play. The only other game that I am really hoping they come out with this year is Pikmin 3. I'll just borrow the first two from a friend until they decide to take my money.

[quote name='lilboo']How do you unlock 'puff ?! Gamefaqs says beat event 20. I DID. NO PUFF :bomb:[/quote]

What I read on Gamefaqs said to do
350 matches
to unlock jigglypuff.

The two I wanted, Sonic and Toon Link, look to take
300 and 400 matches respectively
, to unlock. :bomb:

This information seems to be correct based on the characters I've already unlocked and what was said about how to unlock them. Actually Luigi was the first character I unlocked and according to the info on gamefaqs he is the 4th character unlocked. Consider me confused lol.

Full thread can be found here, assuming I can link to gamefaqs directly. It's got a bit of text to it, but overall pretty helpful.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I don't know about anybody else's progress, but unlocking
Wolf
by
skipping the first door you pass when being lowered in to the pit in "Ruins"
doesn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong?[/quote]

I think you have to finish SSE first, cause I don't think it worked for me when I tried it before I finished. And it's towards the middle of the level I think, not the first lowering part.

Just finished unlocking every character, and since online isn't working I guess it's time for a good break before unlocking the rest of the stages. I was pretty impressed with SSE, it definitely kept me interested,
though that maze towards the end felt kind of like they were just trying to lengthen it unnecessarily. And that fight with Tabuu was pretty hard, definitely a good boss battle.

So far the SSE has been a so so affair... Its nice and long and planned out. But the engine doesnt lend itself to the platforming portions... Of course since the game has something that kind of resembles real physics maybe I just suck that much.

Nevertheless SSE is a good excuse to have everyone try out every character. Although I havent used any sitckers yet it seems like a fun mechanic.

Grr I want this game soo bad. I was going to get a Wii when smash came out, but suddenly NOW they're always sold out where I'm at, whereas a couple months after release I sometimes saw Wii's sitting on the shelf. Can't have more fun with friends while videogaming in any other game than smash :D

Anyone having trouble unlocking characters...look below...

Playing the SSE will nab you everyone EXCEPT Toon Link, Wolf and Jiggly. To get them, you have to beat the SSE and then play the woods for link, the ruins for wolf, and the swamp for jiggly. There are extra doors you can go into once the SSE is finished, and that will allow you to unlock these 3 characters.

Odd... i havent beaten SSE yet, but i unlocked Sonic after playing about 3-4 hours of 5 stock 4 player vs brawl. I very highly doubt i did 300 matches in that sort of time. There has to be an alternative way to unlock him...

[quote name='Spades22']Grr I want this game soo bad. I was going to get a Wii when smash came out, but suddenly NOW they're always sold out where I'm at, whereas a couple months after release I sometimes saw Wii's sitting on the shelf. Can't have more fun with friends while videogaming in any other game than smash :D[/QUOTE]

"Suddenly"?

[quote name='foltzie']So far the SSE has been a so so affair... Its nice and long and planned out. But the engine doesnt lend itself to the platforming portions... Of course since the game has something that kind of resembles real physics maybe I just suck that much.

Nevertheless SSE is a good excuse to have everyone try out every character. Although I havent used any sitckers yet it seems like a fun mechanic.[/QUOTE]

Further into SSE, still find the controls a little clunky, but all in all its still a blast.

Also kudos to the Masterpieces. They display in a proper ratio even though I have a 16:9 TV. Dear Nintendo, you have tipped your hand, you need to update your VC emulators to do the same damn thing.

bread's done
Back