Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

Favorite new character/Why?
Snake. His up + B is phenomenal, not to mention his forward + A has a ton of kick to it.

Least favorite new character/Why?
ROB...he seems pretty worthless to me atleast.

Favorite new stage/Why?
The pirate ship. I love how the style is different from everything else.

Least favorite new stage/Why?
NEW PORK CITY. It's too fucking big!

Favorite Final Smash?
Pokemon trainer...it's super effective! :lol:

Least favorite final smash?
Metaknights.

What's the easiest way to get the final character (Fox's nemesis)? [Too lazy to spoiler tag, so didn't want to say its name.] Also, how many stages to unlock total? (I'm also disappointed there are only 40+ events instead of the 50+ in Melee.)

[quote name='The Crotch']
Hmm. Pit? I wanted to like him, and I do like his forward B, but I just couldn't get into him. Oh, and Lucas. Which is actually kinda funny, seeing as how that's my name.[/quote]
Oh, no you didn't. Lucas will rock your face, you hear me? Your face will be rocked.

But, I agree about Pit, I really wanted to like him too, but I can't.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Nice job. I wonder how Mr Beef and ZeroWing did.

Round 3 is when it gets super serious.[/quote]I lost in the final round, thanks to New Pork City coming up in the random stage select. A three minute match, my Kirby and his Pit, with the first two minutes being me and my opponent building damage. In the last minute, I ignored my gut, and tried to go for the kill. Unfortunately, I got sloppy and messed up, and got killed for my recklessness. After I respawn, he spends the last 40+ seconds running away from me so I can't kill him back. I should've followed my 2 gut instincts: go with D3, and in the case of New Pork City, go for sudden death.

I shall allow DMK to rub this in my face, but you shall only get one shot. So make it count. And it better be better than something Strell can produce, too.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your loss, zerowing. Us D3 guys have to stick together.

[quote name='sasukekun']good games, butle + moo. Sorry about that horrible lag, I blame it on moo's friend.[/quote] Yeah. Playing 1v1 with him right now, its lagging even worse somehow.

I'm looking to have a 1 on 1 fight if anyone is interested. My FC is 1976-9882-8532. Also, after our match can you post the color of the ball next to my name so I can tell my connection speed.

[quote name='The Crotch']
Ike. It feels like... it feels like every move I do with him is just right. Like when I'm using Meta or something, I'm swinging and missing. When I'm using Pit, I'm swinging and missing. When I'm using Ike? Everything just works out.[/quote]

I know what you feel like. It feels freaking sweet.

Fav new character, also Ike. Snake almost takes it, nothing feels better then looking your friends face when you surprise him with your RC bombs. Or get the smash ball with it right before someone else. Metaknight is also good for the extreme speed at hacking away, making you feel skilled, but your not.

Least fav character, ROB, or diddy kong or toon link. ROB cause he feels like he sucks since his moves don't do much, Diddy Kong cause he got nothing going for him except being the image of the annoying sidekick, and toon link because I dont like the character design. Even though toon link basically has every improvement that every person that uses melee link dreams about in an exchange for power.

New fav stage, probably warioware stage, its interactive in a fun way and not a EVERYTHING IS OUT TO KILL YOU kind of way. I actually like normal battlefield better, but its not very new.

Least favorite stage, New pork city, it just seems sloppy.

Favorite Final Smash would probably have to be donkey kongs, it works extremely well in smaller maps and you get into it more trying to tap to the beat.

Least favorite
Probably Peach's, it seems pretty useless.

I don't have all the characters yet but I'm really digging Lucario.

Olimar...he's alright, I just don't like when I get hit by his Final Smash.

Favorite new stage/Why?
I haven't seen all the stages but I really like the Wind Waker Pirate Ship.

The game and watch stage.

Favorite Final Smash?
Samus, looks fucking badass and works awesomely.

Peach -- almost always useless

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I lost in the final round, thanks to New Pork City coming up in the random stage select. A three minute match, my Kirby and his Pit, with the first two minutes being me and my opponent building damage. In the last minute, I ignored my gut, and tried to go for the kill. Unfortunately, I got sloppy and messed up, and got killed for my recklessness. After I respawn, he spends the last 40+ seconds running away from me so I can't kill him back. I should've followed my 2 gut instincts: go with D3, and in the case of New Pork City, go for sudden death.

I shall allow DMK to rub this in my face, but you shall only get one shot. So make it count. And it better be better than something Strell can produce, too.

EDIT: Sorry to hear about your loss, zerowing. Us D3 guys have to stick together.[/QUOTE]
Ouch a runner in New Pork City, thats awful. We had a good run for sure, it could've ended better but I was sure I was going to get my ass handed to me at the first GameStop to some importer. Dedede man, Dedede. Imo he's the best Sudden Death character in the game, one Waddle Dee and its over. Its a huge advantage when you can play for a win or tie when the other guy HAS to win.

Good luck to Arikado, I'll be rooting for ya man.

D3 and Kirby are awesome Sudden Death characters. Either a minion, like you mentioned, or a forward+a from Kirby's surprisingly long feet are enough to get a win.

Win it, Arikado. Even though a friend of mine is going to round 3, I'm rooting for the both of you.

Now thats what I'm talkin about. I got 2nd in the tournament in San Antonio, won a measly $30. Very very close. I couldve realistically taken it. The guy used to be ranked #13 in Texas in Melee or something.

Since I was coming back from the losers bracket, because I had lost to him before, I had to win 2 best of 7 sets, which is a nightmare of a climb.

I destroy him the first set 4-1. Then we trade off as it goes to 3-3, and he takes the last one. BOO.

Lucario. Good recovery, he can wall grab, and he can counter. His Down Air is ridiculously good as well. Plus I love the blue aura surrounding opponents after hitting them (reminds me of Ganondorf in melee before they fucked him up).

Metaknight. You can hit someone a thousand times and you still wouldn't be able to kill 'em.

Favorite new stage/Why?
Halberd. Stage is good sized, the background is epic, and I love the events that happen when you actually dock on the ship.

I loathe Mario Bros. It's impossible to get a kill from a distance, and those little fuckers running around the level make we want to scream.

Favorite Final Smash?
Captain Falcon. The only cinematic final smash, and the most awesome final smash.

ROB. It's like a shitty Super Spicy Curry.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Win it, Arikado. Even though a friend of mine is going to round 3, I'm rooting for the both of you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support (zerowing, too). I'm honestly surprised I made it this far. I mean, don't get me wrong, I play to win, but I've never really concerned myself too much with tourney Smash. I'll play either 1v1 or free for all. I joined the first tournament to help kill time before the midnight launch.

Guess I'll share my story about round two...

All characters were unlocked. Three stock, all items, including smash balls. I was torn between using Captain Falcon, Samus, Ganon, Snake, or Mr. Game and Watch. Falcon was my main in Melee, but he got nerfed pretty hard in Brawl. I almost went with Ganon, but I changed my mind at the last second and stuck with the Captain.

First round, I go up against a Marth user, and the guy was damn good. Terrible matchup for Falcon, too. Random stages were on, and we managed to get one of the pre-made custom stages... the U-shaped one with spikes at the top. We're beating the hell out of each other in the thing, trading KOs until we're both down to one stock. He had been using Marth's counter all game when I would launch or throw him and follow up with up A or an attempt to hit the knee. Well, I launch him up and short hop to act like I'm going to go for my usual followup. He counters, and I know I've got him. He hits the ground completely vulnerable, and waiting for him is a Falcon Punch. Game. If this was a standard four stock on Final Destination, the game probably would've been VERY close. If you're reading this by any chance man, I'd love to play you again.

Second round, I face an Ike user. Ike is terrible 1v1 against Falcon. I tore the guy apart. We were on the Warioware stage, and the "Don't move!" minigame pops up. Well, in a 1v1, I'm not going to follow that. He stops moving, so he eats an elbow. I took out his second stock by bouncing him off the screen with raygun shots that he didn't recover from. Last stock, I clean hit him with the knee and finish it. Shut him out 3-0.

Semifinals are against a Link user, another favorable matchup for Falcon. I take out his first and second stocks pretty quick. A smash ball pops up, and I seriously beat the hell out of it but didn't get it. Link taps it once and gets it. I know he's about to go for it, so I dodge, but I guess I was a split second off, so I eat it. After I get a little careless and he wracks some damage up on me on my second stock, I build up some damage on him, grab a smash ball, and finish him with the Blue Falcon.

Finals are against another Ike user and I'm confident I'm going to win. I managed to hit the knee on him in the middle of the Bridge of Eldin and it KOs him. I lost a few of my stocks due to bad timing on dodges, but overall, I took care of him.

Definitely a tourney that the employees of this GameStop took into their own hands, but I thought it was pretty fun. I know round 3 is going to be pretty serious players, but I don't plan on changing my "I'm just here to play" approach. We'll see what happens.

By the way, zero and Beef (and anyone else, really)... add me to your Brawl friend list. We'll have to play some time.

[quote name='Rig']Sorry for the one match only, Aaron.

Was going to play more, but I got a phone call, and am headed out.[/quote]

No problem! I set my router to channel 11, and finally I fixed the problems with constant pausing! It was still a bit laggy though.

You play a nasty Pikachu, the only way I got even close was by lucking out on 4 (or 5?) final smashes in a row. I think those are a wee bit unbalanced... every one for me turned into a KO.

My Brawl code is in my sig, and I'll be adding yours before I go to sleep tonight. Looking forward to seeing a good C.Falcon player in Brawl.

Man Captain Falcon is a beast, my main in Melee and second behind DDD so far in Brawl. Gotta give you props for that.

I'll add ya right after I'm done with this match and hopefully we can get a game soon.

FC: 0860-2941-1088

man I should sig that

EDIT: just added Mr Beef and Arikado

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Added zerowing and you, Arikado. If you want, we can have a quick 4-stock game before I head to bed.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Whenever you're free, I'll be on for a bit more.

Those first two games were awesome, but that third one....hot damn, there was some nice lag there. Thanks Awesome Roommate Who Loves WoW Too Much.

And with that, I'm heading to bed, since it looks like I won't be playing online Brawls for the night.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Those first two games were awesome, but that third one....hot damn, there was some nice lag there. Thanks Awesome Roommate Who Loves WoW Too Much.

And with that, I'm heading to bed, since it looks like I won't be playing online Brawls for the night.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to do it again sometime. Maybe next time I'll actually hit my damn spikes when I go for them.

If I get off work early enough, I might be up for some games this evening. Playing your Falcon reminded me of my Kirby Vs. Falcon matches from Melee: always close, with the matches able to go either way.

I wanna do a D3 ditto with you sometime also, zerowing.

Can I be added please?

It is Darthbudge/BUDGE

2921-8883-3899

Also, just so you guys know, my little bro might also be playing sometimes on there.

ugh, having to input all these friend codes is a royal PINTA. it doesn't help that theres a limit to 64 friends. is there a way we can organize the fc list here so that it's done by region or something?

[quote name='willardhaven']If anyone wasn't aware, holding down block before leaving the character select screen allows Samus to default to Zero Suit.[/QUOTE]

Really? Excellent.

I've been wanting to play with her more, but it's a hassle to get the smash ball and all and then live long enough to get a good feel for her.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Really? Excellent.

I've been wanting to play with her more, but it's a hassle to get the smash ball and all and then live long enough to get a good feel for her.[/QUOTE]

I also found that if you're Samus during the match, up + down taunting repeatedly (really, really fast) will turn her into ZSS. It's kind of difficult to perform on the GameCube controller, however I imagine the Wiimote/Classic Controller would be much easier to perform it on.

Yes. Just like how you select the color of your character with everyone else. I believe it's the Y button on the GC controller scheme. Also, after you've selected the Pokemon Trainer you can click on the individual pokemon you want to start with over in the corner in the player box.

hey all you im the best of ssbb around canada i got skills im strong im a killer on brawl

want to brawl intense here my imail : [email protected]

why i dont post my fc just because i dont cme 2 this site everyday so just add my imail

and let talk on messenger or just sent a message on my imail so lookin forward 2 your next deafeat and my new victory

[quote name='t0llenz']Yes. Just like how you select the color of your character with everyone else. I believe it's the Y button on the GC controller scheme. Also, after you've selected the Pokemon Trainer you can click on the individual pokemon you want to start with over in the corner in the player box.[/QUOTE]

Same goes for selecting sheik from the start using this method.

[quote name='brawl king']hey all you im the best of ssbb around canada i got skills im strong im a killer on brawl

want to brawl intense here my imail : [email protected]

why i dont post my fc just because i dont cme 2 this site everyday so just add my imail

and let talk on messenger or just sent a message on my imail so lookin forward 2 your next deafeat and my new victory[/quote]

Someone should tell him its Email. (nah just laugh)

BTW thank you so much for that awsome imail address. Im sending my address/phone number/credit card number to you right away!!!! I cant wait to see what you friends code is once i send you an imail.

Now that im done with that I just bought the game i will be posting my code one I have some more time to play!!!

i just beat SSE :D but i didnt run into wolf or jiggly.
i went to gamefaqs and the guy says go to stage #14 and stage #18 but the stages arent numbered... can someone help me out with a PM or something id use search but theres too many pages in this thread, also toon link too it says stage #9

[quote name='Furashu']i just beat SSE :D but i didnt run into wolf or jiggly.
i went to gamefaqs and the guy says go to stage #14 and stage #18 but the stages arent numbered... can someone help me out with a PM or something id use search but theres too many pages in this thread, also toon link too it says stage #9[/quote]

Wolf: The Ruins, Jiggly: The Swamp

bread's done
Back